Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

disneyworlddad

There's a reason almost every theme park in Europe has a Wild West section. There's a reason Red Dead Revolver 2 is a top-selling video game with the younger generations. There's a reason cowboy hats will never disappear. The imagery of the Wild West is endlessly appealing and imagination-inspiring. It is powerful beyond belief. Even "santized" it's fun; everyone know the *real* old west was a violent, dirty, hardship-loaded, incredibly dangerous place to be. That's why people love the sanitized theme park version.

But, that aside, the Country Bears are not "Wild West." The show is set in the present (or no earlier than the 1970's). They are "country", and country is still HUGE.

Honestly if I read another quote about how the old west was sanitized i'm going to throw up. The old west wasn't even a thing for that long. It was a romanticized place by authors and newspaper men of the time. Gunfights and bar room brawls were largely made up or dramatized to get readers. Were there Indians and run ins settlers/us forces - yes. Were there murders - yes. Was there prostitution- yes Was in any more than what had happened in the east or what was going on in the east at the time - the answer is probably not.

GeoffR

Hope it's only a rumor, but if it turns out to be true it's a shame. Toy Story stuff should stay in Toy Story Land. Same for SWGE and star wars. What's the point of creating a whole land just to spill it over everywhere else? Just more examples of lazy imagineering of the last ten yrs. Nothing new, just IP overlay....shame

britain

As much as it would be a technological feat to see animatronics successfully sway and move the way marionettes do, wouldn't it just get creepy after awhile?

And while we're at it, make a Pinnochio attraction for MK for pete's sake!

Inspired Figment

That’s my biggest thing with all of this. Why spend money replacing something that should not be replaced when they need to polish the hell out of this park in prep.
They have the mindset that Popular Franchise IP (despite how well an attraction is executed) will bring in higher returns in the short run and long run. Clearly that’s not the case looking back at history, but that’s their belief. They figure, why bother spending that high budget on sprucing up old things that aren’t based on a property and don’t bring instant short term returns, when film IP that is “guaranteed to do so” can. There’s the answer

capsshield

If they did this and they used real animatronics for Woody and the gang the wait would be a killer, and a having a fast pass to see it would be a sure thing. I can imagine the characters coming out and doing their thing which might be jokes or something other than a song. Woody is a cowboy so it does fit if done right.

They could even leave the original animatronic band and have the MC introduce Woody as the new shows host.
A 40 inch tall woody animatronic comes out and introduces his friends one by one. Mr. Potato-head tells jokes. Rex and Hamm argue about what they are going to do. Jessie comes out with her lasso. Bo Peep comes out and flirts with Woody. Woody comes out riding Bullseye. Buzz comes out in Spanish mode. Jessie reappears all hot for Buzz. The Prospector tries to ruin the show. Woody stops him. The old bear band rises for the final act and the show ends with all the animatronics asking the audience to sing "You've Got A Friend In Me" with them. The doors open and the three heads on wall which are still there ask the audience to exit safely. The best of new and old as a refresh.

I would prefer if it was built in the studios just remove the bears. I think it would be a double win all around and would really make Toy Story land a well rounded must see area.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
All three are among the lowest-rated MK attractions in our survey data:

1. Happily Ever After
:
10. Splash Mountain (highest attraction)
:
62. Carousel of Progress
:
73. Enchanted Tiki Room
:
77. Country Bear Jamboree
78. Hall of Presidents

:
87. Astro Orbiter
88. Swiss Family Treehouse
89. Casey Jr. Splash 'n' Soak Station

If you don't mind, how would they rank if the rides were removed the list and it was just shows?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
re: Woody's Roundup show. I wonder if we're not overlooking the obvious solution. A giant screen. And honestly, they could make it guest interactive similar to Laugh Floor, FWIW.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As much as it would be a technological feat to see animatronics successfully sway and move the way marionettes do, wouldn't it just get creepy after awhile?

View attachment 382000

And while we're at it, make a Pinnochio attraction for MK for pete's sake!

Ya know.... Now that Disney owns Fox and Sound of Music. There's a perfect number for the yodeling cowgirl...

disneyworlddad

When it comes to Tikis vs Bears, I guess it comes down to I would rather be on a tropical island than in the trailer park...

Setting has a lot to do with ratings, as well...Bears feels like a show, but the Birds feel like an experience. The entire tiki building is part of the show and just feels more immersive than the bears. I know from my family that the bears is something they tolerate for my sake, but they actively want to see the Birds and CoP.

My family feels the opposite.

britain

All three are among the lowest-rated MK attractions in our survey data:

1. Happily Ever After
:
10. Splash Mountain (highest attraction)
:
62. Carousel of Progress
:
73. Enchanted Tiki Room
:
77. Country Bear Jamboree
78. Hall of Presidents

:
87. Astro Orbiter
88. Swiss Family Treehouse
89. Casey Jr. Splash 'n' Soak Station

I'd rather they remove Liberty Square's square-footage-hogging, can-never-please-everyone-politically, inferior-to-American-Adventure show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom