Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

SteamboatJoe

Speaking as someone who works closely with the meet and greet CBJ characters, they are most certainly terrifying. In the show, Wendell is loveable and looks rather cuddly. In the park, his toothy grin scares away half the kids he tries to hug. Old is not always terrifying. Those particular characters outside of the show are.
Kids are weird. CBJ characters are scary but new look Goofy is not.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Not yet. I can’t say it’s not true, just that I haven’t heard of it myself.

CBJ attracts under half of park attendees. The percentage is in the high 30s. But over half of those who do attend rate it as excellent. And like I said I know of proposals for a refresh for the 50th. But not a wholesale IP rebuild.
I could see this. There are quite a few exposures for Disney in the current show that are not politically/socially acceptable by the snowflake crowd so I could see removing the Blood on the saddle, references to guns, shooting little Buford, getting a ladder to get up to trixie, etc.

Spash007

I could see this. There are quite a few exposures for Disney in the current show that are not politically/socially acceptable by the snowflake crowd so I could see removing the Blood on the saddle, references to guns, shooting little Buford, getting a ladder to get up to trixie, etc.

In the era that Red was changed to be more PC, I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking at how to "fix" CBJ. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is weighing the options of then just replacing the attraction, or updating to "fix" it

Stevek

You would think they would do what Disneyland did for their 50th, highlight some of the original attractions and their rich history while adding a couple of new things versus ripping out an original. Time will tell, Tom is still a jackhole.

The one way I will support this is if they shut down Pooh here at DL and bring the CBJ back here...but that won't happen.

Last edited:

SteamboatJoe

In the era that Red was changed to be more PC, I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking at how to "fix" CBJ. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is weighing the options of then just replacing the attraction, or updating to "fix" it
This is what concerns me as well. Throw in a beloved IP and it could be an easy sell to the suits.

lentesta

Premium Member
This is exactly where I was thinking it should go too. @lentesta whats Voyage of the Little Mermaid in DHS ranked?
Could click-bait be some-what right... this attraction is coming, but to another park?

33rd on our list of ~45 things, just below MuppetVision, and just above Alien Swirling Saucers and Path of the Jedi. The only demographic in our survey who doesn't rate it as below average is pre-schoolers.

david10225

I may be wrong but I believe the CBJ at WDW only has one theater..unlike what was built in DL. Given the relatively small size of the theater and knowing that anything "new" would mobbed, I would be surprised if they made such a major investment for that throughput.

Inspired Figment

I figured I’d discuss my own observations in regards to looking back at history.
When it comes to the Country Bear Jamboree rumors.
All I want to say is... do Iger & Chapek remind you of some folks in particular? (*Cough* *cough* Eisner & Pressler *cough*) Just more risk-averse and Franchise-obsessed?
Yeeeah...
What happened to WDW’s classic Enchanted Tiki Room back in 1998? Keep in mind, this was around the same time Journey Into Imagination changed too. We’ve been hearing *very* similar rumors of Inside Out being proposed with Figment as a simple cameo as opposed to a large role (*Just* like what happened in ‘99 when it was transformed into a ‘Honey, I Shrunk’ themed ride).
*Also*, keep in mind that the current politics of WDI are very much Marc Davis-oriented (Marc had a reputation of holding grudges against Tony and those that “ruined his plans” or “messed with his attractions”) in *any* sort of way. Including the Country Bear Jamboree holiday overlays, which ultimately were tempoarary and didn’t completely replace his shows. Though while they internally hate when corporate goes and demands a change to a Marc Davis-involved/designed attraction, they do it anyway to please the CEOs (obviously so it doesn’t cost their jobs), though sometimes in a poor way to meet corporate’s demands but to ultimately subtlety jab at it.
Tiki Room Under New Management had a bit more leeway though as they were able to deliver their displeasure in the story’s narrative. To mock “New Management” with Iago as Eisner/Pressler and the Tiki gods, Birds, and Zazu portraying the fans & other company folks who were baffled/angry by the changes.

So yeah... all I can say is...

take this all with a grain of salt considering the source and the fact it’s a rumor. *BUT* with a hint of caution.
I see history repeating here and it’s not pretty.

Not too surprising, considering who is currently in charge at WDI and within the High CEO ranks.
Particularly since they’re risk-averse and franchise obsessed. I would *highly* recommend reading this 2002 news article. It has some *very* fascinating info. It mentions the Tiki Room Under New Management as a cited example along with the Country Bears movie
:

Last edited:

disneyworlddad

This would be AWESOME if a quality job is done. The key word being quality. It’s time for Magic Kingdom to move on. This attraction is a historical relic and Magic Kingdom is not a museum. Plus lets be honest this isn’t exactly a sought after attraction.
Given the IP mandate, I don't understand why Disney isn't looking at taking attractions like this that have their own IPs (or Figment), and creating a show on Disney+ like they are doing with the other "older" IPs like Chip and Dale. Country Bears would be a great tv show idea for both kids and adults that I feel would have a fairly large target audience, showing the CBs' misadventures or something along that line.

If I'm not mistaken this was actaully and idea at one point. I think they were going to do some sort of wacky racers type thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom