Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

culturenthrills

This wouldn't surprise me. I was hoping for a massive refurbishment and maybe bringing back all 3 shows for the 50th. Which you know would make sense even if they updated them. And don't tell me if they brought the Christmas show back it wouldn't be packed every performance. After seeing Country Bears in Tokyo where they keep the show in pristine condition, with perfect audio and smooth and quiet animatronics, this show just needs some tlc and some updating. To add another Toy Story attraction would be awful. This is not how you celebrate the 50th. But nothing Chapek does surprises me. I have a feeling for WDW 50th instead of celebrating the history of MK they are just gonna shove more IP in the park no matter if it makes sense or not.

Cmdr_Crimson

tumblr_obklpdWjWZ1tcqrtdo1_500.gif

Spash007

Given the IP mandate, I don't understand why Disney isn't looking at taking attractions like this that have their own IPs (or Figment), and creating a show on Disney+ like they are doing with the other "older" IPs like Chip and Dale. Country Bears would be a great tv show idea for both kids and adults that I feel would have a fairly large target audience, showing the CBs' misadventures or something along that line.

SteamboatJoe

Given the IP mandate, I don't understand why Disney isn't looking at taking attractions like this that have their own IPs (or Figment), and creating a show on Disney+ like they are doing with the other "older" IPs like Chip and Dale. Country Bears would be a great tv show idea for both kids and adults, that I feel like they would have a fairly large target audience for it showing their misadventures or something along that line.
Bingo. The door can and should swing both ways. The only risk is that you end up with a Jack Sparrow/POTC situation. Speaking of that, I wonder what POTC satisfaction surveys showed before the films came out.

Last edited:

pdude81

The source can't be trusted...

But I can see this happening. It's becoming a relic and the walk around bears are kinda terrifying.

Now on the subject of Woody's Round Up. If Woody is so self aware that he is a toy. How come he has no memory of life before Andy or being around in the 50s?

This comes from a podcast or something I listened to a year or so ago. It was retold from someone who worked on the early Toy Story movies but has since died, so is not verifiable.

Andy's dad got polio when he was a kid. At that time they used to burn toys to try to stop the spread of the disease between children, but Andy Sr. or his mom managed to sneak Woody, Slinky-Dog, and Mr. Potato Head and stick them in a chest. Andy Sr. recovers but the toys are still in the box until years later. At some point later Andy Sr. dies and they find the chest up in the attic. Andy looks like his dad, is about the same age as when he got sick, and has the same name.... so Woody may not know the difference.

Now that I'm looking up the URL, it seems Pixar has refuted this whole narrative. Here is a link though. The video should be queued up at the right spot in the link if you start it there:
https://www.pixarpost.com/2017/06/toy-story-0.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom