News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Sneaky

Pete Reneday, the voice of Henry P. Bear and max the deer of the Country Bears from 1971-2023, among countless other Disney parks roles, and the role of master splinter in the original Ninja turtles, has unfortunately passed away.

Attachments

• IMG_3274.jpeg
    IMG_3274.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 61

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

Pete Reneday, the voice of Henry P. Bear and max the deer of the Country Bears from 1971-2023, among countless other Disney parks roles, and the role of master splinter in the original Ninja turtles, has unfortunately passed away.
This is tragic to hear. His voice is interwoven in the parks, from Lincoln to Henry and countless other roles, and I hope it always will be.

I was thinking of writing to him a while ago, but I was too nervous/shy to do anything. Man.

Sneaky

This silly, singing bears mean a lot to me, and gotten me through tough times, and to find out the soul behind them passed away makes me sad. He gave the bears life, and brought joy in many different attractions alike throughout history, from adventures through inner space all the way to Winnie the Pooh. He has given a lot to the parks, and especially to the bears. He will forever be a part of the parks, and I’m glad that we have so much of him to enjoy. Here’s hoping he, thurl, and Tex Ritter can all start making music again together. Rest easy Pete. Thanks for everything.

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

What a shame, he was legend not just for the bears but for the parks and Disney is general. I hope Disney acknowledges and pays a nice tribute.

Thanks for bearin with us till the bear end, rest in peace 🙏
I think it'd be sweet if they put an old voice clip of his somewhere in the new Country Bears. Could say it's a recording of Ursus H. Bear, making it also work as a passing-of-the-hat moment to Henry's new VA.

For everything he's done for Disney over the last 60ish years, he deserves some sort of memorial, so that way if all his voice recordings end up being removed from the parks, something immortalizing him will remain.

Professortango1

Here is our Multi Angle video of the new Country Bear Musical Jamboree

My first time seeing it. It's not terrible, but I'm always surprised to see modern Imagineering missing the point. I grew up on the Vacation Hoedown and while I didn't know a majority of the songs growing up, I was entertained by variety of looks and gags. The painted backdrops for each segment and the small physical set with a comedic gag helped it be about more than just hearing songs sung by bears. "Two Different Worlds" being sung to an amarous octopus while a fish swims in his glasses, Liverlips with a frayed line on the side of a mountain, Trixie's "Life's No Picnic Without Ya" with her picnic basket.

The figures move better than they have, but the blank blue curtains behind them and the lack of any props/visual gags aside from the smoking fiddle make this kind of a bland experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom