Countdown to Extinction to return to original form?

DisneyFreak

Original Poster
A rumor has surfaced that Dinosaur will go back to the original CtE (which was more of a thrill type ride) once the DinoLand attractions begin to open in the spring of 2002. Not only will the ride go back to it's original showing but they may also change the name back to CtE.:)

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by markymark
I hope this is right! I much preferred it as Ctx.

I can see them changing it back to the way it used to be. but I doubt that will change the name. They should since they still sell ctx merchandise :-(

Tramp

Originally posted by monorail256
i never noticed a "true" ride change in dinosaur....what so different besides the name and them trying to find that dinosaur??

Perhaps the two of us can get an answer on this...

Besides the meaningless name change....how is the current ride any different from the original...I don't recall anything different.

Mattore

Many people claim that CTX was a much rougher ride than Dinosaur, with more jerks and twists, etc. Personally, I rode both versions many, many times (CTX 14 times in a row without getting off, actually) and I do not see any difference. But perhaps there some small adjustment that was made. As far as I know, there is no *official* release of info from Disney that anything changed other than the name. This doesn't mean there isn't one out there somewhere, though.

Tramp

Originally posted by Mattore
Many people claim that CTX was a much rougher ride than Dinosaur, with more jerks and twists, etc. Personally, I rode both versions many, many times (CTX 14 times in a row without getting off, actually) and I do not see any difference. But perhaps there some small adjustment that was made. As far as I know, there is no *official* release of info from Disney that anything changed other than the name. This doesn't mean there isn't one out there somewhere, though.

The ride is basically a motion simulator on tracks. Apparently the ride was tweaked a bit because it was scaring the hell out of kids. The track is the same but the jerky motion of the car has been tamed down.
Guess I didn't ride it enuf when it was CTX to realize any significant change to it. It's still a great ride. The sound effects are the best!

MrPromey

Originally posted by Tramp

The ride is basically a motion simulator on tracks. Apparently the ride was tweaked a bit because it was scaring the hell out of kids. The track is the same but the jerky motion of the car has been tamed down.
Guess I didn't ride it enuf when it was CTX to realize any significant change to it. It's still a great ride. The sound effects are the best!

It wasn't so much that it was scary as it was that the shaking made it more likely for a smaller person to get tossed out. The changes that were made really aren’t significant in the sense that they detract from the ride in any noticeable way… Something to try though - the next time you go there and see the preshow, they briefly show a group of people getting tossed around in one of the rovers. Ride it and think about what you saw, dose it feel that jerky to you?

Tramp

Originally posted by MrPromey

It wasn't so much that it was scary as it was that the shaking made it more likely for a smaller person to get tossed out. The changes that were made really aren’t significant in the sense that they detract from the ride in any noticeable way… Something to try though - the next time you go there and see the preshow, they briefly show a group of people getting tossed around in one of the rovers. Ride it and think about what you saw, dose it feel that jerky to you?

Yeah...that makes sense Mr. P...I wonder if they had some close calls when it first opened with kids getting tossed about? I would never want to see a kid get hurt so I hope they leave the tame version so families can enjoy the ride with their kids.

The pre-show does show the family bouncing around alot and frankly it doesn't seem that bad to me although there are still one or two radical turns that move ya around a bit.

MrPromey

Originally posted by Tramp

Yeah...that makes sense Mr. P...I wonder if they had some close calls when it first opened with kids getting tossed about? I would never want to see a kid get hurt so I hope they leave the tame version so families can enjoy the ride with their kids.

The pre-show does show the family bouncing around alot and frankly it doesn't seem that bad to me although there are still one or two radical turns that move ya around a bit.

When they changed to Dinosaur, they also lowered the height restriction. I don't think they had much trouble with it before (they do a LOT of testing) but with the link to the 'family' movie, it sort of made sense to open the ride up to a wider (or should I say, shorter) audience...

Goofster

No offense, but this thread started first (August 21) and your's started after (August 22). I was going to comment on that but figured it didn't matter. I think we should all be a little more observant before starting new threads. We really don't need doubles. :D

MrPromey

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
I think I posted a thread just like this yesterday. :rolleyes: Wonder where you got the info? Just kidding!:D

Well, the height change isn't exactly a secret and I originally got the info from Steve's site here (www.wdwmagic.com) over a year ago back before I saw it for myself. It just seemed relevant to the nature of the discussion on this thread at the moment there :)

Tink

Hi, guys. I just was on Dinoasaur a couple of days ago and it seemed bumpier to me than other times. We were sitting in the back so maybe that was why...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom