Couldn't get Slinky Dog FP Today

awoogala

Are there any early morning magic available during your vacation? We did that last time, and walked on all the toy story rides multiple times- if you're willing to get up early, and pay the extra, that is.
I agree though, that the hard ones, you need to work backwards.. I always go for fop on Fridays, then work my way back for any other newer rides- It usually works out for me. Especially if you don't fuss about times, I can do fop on Friday, then toy story on Thursday, frozen or 7dmt, on Wednesday. I grab any one available, worry about times later, or just suck it up.
Usually done by 7:05, then I can go back and try to modify any ones that are at awful times. Usually I notice, they are all gone well before 7:10, and I can't modify anymore. I feel terrible for first-timers these days.
As an additional thought: I have noticed WDW has rolled out tinier blocks of fp+ online here and there, a month, or a week before my summer trips. I got an FOP 3 days before in July last summer! So your best bet is to play with the app on your phone every other day until you go, and keep checking! people cancel/rearrange, etc.
Good Luck!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Devastation is when you find out the attraction youve waited a year to go on went down for refurbishment just days before you arrive and will reopen after you get home and realize you have to wait another year.

Devastation: severe and overwhelming shock or grief.

We all have different thresholds of what shocks us or sends us into grief. Your example would no more make me feel devastated than the OPs example. To me, they're both too insignificant to feel devastation. But to each their own.

aliceismad

You can also get in line last at night if you can't rope drop. Or as another poster said, I would try to break up your group. Groups of 5 are hard. Maybe try booking one group of 2 and one group of 3. Some people have good luck trying to book smaller groups for overlapping times, then everyone still gets to ride together.

I get it. We're going in May, and DD will be 5. Slinky is the ride she is most excited about, since she's seen it on tv. Fortunately, we had no problem getting FP for the 5th day of our trip. We would've been disappointed had we not gotten the FP, cause I don't think the ride is worth an hour (or longer) line, and I wouldn't put my kiddo through that anyway. We probably would've done an EMH day or considered paying for Early Morning Magic or Disney After Hours. (Not just for SDD, but for the experience overall.)

JIMINYCR

We all have different thresholds of what shocks us or sends us into grief. Your example would no more make me feel devastated than the OPs example. To me, they're both too insignificant to feel devastation. But to each their own.

Sure, some people can roll with the punches and nothing bothers them. Glad you wouldnt be upset if your favorite attraction wasnt available when youve waited between trips and planned to have it added to your park experience. Many of us are quite upset when that happens. In fact you can see many guest angry, disappointed, posts on this forum when an attraction goes down just for the time they are in the line. But to each their own.

nickys

Premium Member
Thank you! We were able to get Mania so itll have to do. I just wish their servers worked better and all guests had the same advantage.

Wait a minute! Did you try to book Slinky AND TSMM? Both are tier 1, along with the Alien swirling saucers ride. So you can’t have both.

Just checking.

fantazmickey

Original Poster
Are there any early morning magic available during your vacation? We did that last time, and walked on all the toy story rides multiple times- if you're willing to get up early, and pay the extra, that is.
I agree though, that the hard ones, you need to work backwards.. I always go for fop on Fridays, then work my way back for any other newer rides- It usually works out for me. Especially if you don't fuss about times, I can do fop on Friday, then toy story on Thursday, frozen or 7dmt, on Wednesday. I grab any one available, worry about times later, or just suck it up.
Usually done by 7:05, then I can go back and try to modify any ones that are at awful times. Usually I notice, they are all gone well before 7:10, and I can't modify anymore. I feel terrible for first-timers these days.
As an additional thought: I have noticed WDW has rolled out tinier blocks of fp+ online here and there, a month, or a week before my summer trips. I got an FOP 3 days before in July last summer! So your best bet is to play with the app on your phone every other day until you go, and keep checking! people cancel/rearrange, etc.
Good Luck!

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately at the current cost per person, early morning magic just isn't in the cards for our group. I'm going to keep playing around on the app and hope for the best!

disneyflush

Our 60 day window opened up last Wednesday and I was online right at 7 AM EST. We arrive on a Sunday and leave the next Saturday. I booked FOP first for Wednesday in the afternoon which was the first time available. Went to book SDD and there were no spots open for the entire time we were there (this was probably 7:02ish and that covered 60 days, 60+1 through 60+5 for reference). We will rope drop it. Got the rest of what we wanted but SDD was the only attraction with no availability at all from a Fastpass perspective. I sorta shrugged and planned other stuff.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Sure, some people can roll with the punches and nothing bothers them. Glad you wouldnt be upset if your favorite attraction wasnt available when youve waited between trips and planned to have it added to your park experience. Many of us are quite upset when that happens. In fact you can see many guest angry, disappointed, posts on this forum when an attraction goes down just for the time they are in the line. But to each their own.

Disappointed and devastated are two different things. If that devastates you, that's totally valid. You're allowed to be devasted. Your feelings are valid. But so are OPs, and the way you worked your original response sounded like you were saying "that's not devastation, this is".

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Devastation is when you find out the attraction youve waited a year to go on went down for refurbishment just days before you arrive and will reopen after you get home and realize you have to wait another year.
I kid you not we have only gotten to do ONE Moonlight Magic DVC event and next month will mark I think the THIRD TIME we've either been leaving the day before or getting there the day after! AHHHHHHHHHHH! LOL! We book 11 months in advance but they release the schedules for them at random so it's REALLY hard to plan to be there for one and that might be sorta what they're thinking with them. I wouldn't plan an entire trip around one anyway but they are fun and feel like old school Extra Magic Hours before the deluge of humanity arrived on the scene like it is now.

correcaminos

I would absolutely NOT recommend a fp for the Saucers. No way. No how.
If you cannot get SDD I don't get the issue. I don't really like TSM so the saucers are a good option. Better than wasting a FP.

We had choices for SDD (early June trip) but not the first two days. Same with FoP. Sadly we have to hit those two the first couple days of our trip when a friend is there so we'll figure it out.

As an aside SDD was only (ha only) 90 minutes at like 6pm over spring break so it shouldn't be too bad.

Tony the Tigger

Don’t be devastated. It’s not all about 60 days. I just got Slinky Dog FP’s about a month out.

They don’t all get released at once. People cancel.

Every once in awhile when you think of it, pop onto the site and see if something is there. Try early in the morning, and especially the morning of your HS day and/or late the night before.

You’re not shut out after 60 days less one minute.

danyoung56

Look up 'hyperbole'. Exaggeration to make a point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom