Couldn't get Slinky Dog FP Today

fantazmickey

Original Poster
I was online right at seven. We have a party of 5. All the fastpasses for the day I chose were gone. We are going 6/2-6/8. Does anyone have a similar experience on their 60 day mark? How likely am I to score a FP for it in the future? Thanks for any help. I'm pretty devastated.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

About a month ago was our 60 day mark and when I got up that morning to do it literally within actual SECONDS both it and Avatar were almost booked up within the first 3 days of our 8 day trip. I was able to get both but it's insane how quickly they go. I tell people all the time that if we weren't such extremely frequent visitors there would be things we'd never get to do because of how crazy it has gotten with fp+ and things of that nature. Even our Moonlight Magic events fill up so quickly that they crashed the DVC servers when people were trying to make their reservations for them! You can rope drop Slinky though and go right to it and I've used fp's and just stand by and standy by isn't all that bad BUT if it's any consolation the ride isn't all THAT great. I mean it's pretty fun but it's not worth all the hoopla people are making over it in my estimation though. I still enjoy Toy Story Mania much more.

fantazmickey

Original Poster
About a month ago was our 60 day mark and when I got up that morning to do it literally within actual SECONDS both it and Avatar were almost booked up within the first 3 days of our 8 day trip. I was able to get both but it's insane how quickly they go. I tell people all the time that if we weren't such extremely frequent visitors there would be things we'd never get to do because of how crazy it has gotten with fp+ and things of that nature. Even our Moonlight Magic events fill up so quickly that they crashed the DVC servers when people were trying to make their reservations for them! You can rope drop Slinky though and go right to it and I've used fp's and just stand by and standy by isn't all that bad BUT if it's any consolation the ride isn't all THAT great. I mean it's pretty fun but it's not worth all the hoopla people are making over it in my estimation though. I still enjoy Toy Story Mania much more.

Thank you! We were able to get Mania so itll have to do. I just wish their servers worked better and all guests had the same advantage.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I was online right at seven. We have a party of 5. All the fastpasses for the day I chose were gone. We are going 6/2-6/8. Does anyone have a similar experience on their 60 day mark? How likely am I to score a FP for it in the future? Thanks for any help. I'm pretty devastated.
"Devastated" seems... excessive.

Just get there at rope drop and ride with no wait. Not getting a FastPass isn't the end of the world.

TongaToast21

for the hard to get FP's, 60+1, +2, etc. usually yields better results. In other words, try and schedule your "hard to gets" later in your trip. I would also look into Early Morning Magic (Hard ticket event) if you're devastated. If you try to rope drop and aren't towards the front, you're going to get jammed in a 2.5 hour line with all the rest of the RD'ers.

SirWillow

The couple of times I tried booking them myself I had no success on them at all.

My last trip I turned the reservation over to Mickey Travels and told them what I wanted, and they managed to get them. Every. single. attraction. I was amazed. Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog, Frozen, and she told me she could have gotten 7 Dwarves but we were looking at other things.

After that I decided that any future trips I make I'm likely to just let Mickey Travels handle it. I'm not trying to make a pitch for them, but it was incredible how they managed to get everything I was hoping to get, and not cost anymore on the trip. I'm sure there are other similar Disney travel booking agencies as well. It honestly made me wonder if they might have an access or an "in" that regular guests don't when booking. But I was happy to take advantage of it.

Chef Mickey

Cant do rope drop for various reasons, nor should i have to for the money I've paid.
Now that just sounds entitled. That’s not how this works

Everyone else paid money too and there are limited seats available to make FP work.

You have 4 options:
  1. Rope drop
  2. Continue looking for FP
  3. Wait in standby line
  4. Skip it
Welcome to reality. Disney is crowded and you’re only entitled to park entry...and not even that if it’s crowded enough.

JenDud

I’m going June 4-10 and DHS will be our 1st park day. I couldn’t get a FastPass so we are just doing rope drop. I tell my daughter we do what we can do. If we don’t get to ride that’s just something to do next time.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Cant do rope drop for various reasons, nor should i have to for the money I've paid.
By your own metric, the people who are paying more than you, should be entitled to more, correct?

And out of curiosity, if there was no FP+ and it was just legacy FP, what would you do? If you are not willing to wake up earlier to be there at rope drop, the FP's would be gone by the time you arrive. You paid a lot to be there, who is going to make sure your family gets to ride SDD??!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom