Could this solve the Transportation Woes?

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Kinda reminds me of the transport system in WALL*E

It would sure beat sending an entire bus to pick up 2 people...or sometimes NOBODY!

Have kiosks set up at each stop...and the people can just punch in where they want to go.

Each Kiosk would be set up with different categories...(Theme Parks, Resorts, Other).
You choose where you want to go, it gives you an approximate wait time...and your pod comes and picks you up. No more transferring to get to another hotel if you have a dinner reservation.

Maybe have it set up to require a valid room key in order to go from the Theme Parks to Downtown Disney and vice versa.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
This solves the transport problem and will help with obesity levels
2087049411_069c73d571.jpg

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Better late than never. IMO a shuttle bus for whelchair bound people and their families would solve alot of problems.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Madly, the WEDway was being developed towards this very kind of system in 1975 - before funding was withdrawn.

Figment632

I don't know what the big mystery is the problem with the busses during peak times is that there is not enough of them. Thats why they ship in help from Meers quite frequently. They should just buy more busses.

hemloc

Let me proudly introduce...

WDW's new solution to all their transportation woes.....

1451659526_l.jpg

(And yes, this bus really does exist!!)

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Although this system looks like it would be very useful to the Walt Disney World Resort, you would have to ask about capacity. They would have to have a lot of units in order to accommodate all of the people in the resort and not have huge wait times.
Personally I could go without this. I love Disney transportation, water shuttle, bus and monorail. I hate driving to the parks in a car, doesn't make the vacation complete for me.

Rob562

I know systems like that have been discussed on here before. Do a search for "PRT" or "Personal Rapid Transit".

I believe one of the major sticking points in a system like that is it cannot handle the "fireworks dump" at the Magic Kingdom. And if you expanded loading zones so that you COULD do so, it would require the entire plaza in front of the MK (and possibly more) in station square footage alone.

-Rob

bgraham34

Better late than never. IMO a shuttle bus for whelchair bound people and their families would solve alot of problems.

I do agree smaller buses can definitely help. I dont know how many times I was on a bus with less than 6 people. I dont know if it would save fuel but I would think it might.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I do agree smaller buses can definitely help. I dont know how many times I was on a bus with less than 6 people. I dont know if it would save fuel but I would think it might.

The handicap thing seems to be a big inconvieniance mostly to the handicapped themselves.

They seem uncomfortable as 50+ people stand and stare while they struggle to load themselves and park on the bus.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
The handicap thing seems to be a big inconvieniance mostly to the handicapped themselves.

They seem uncomfortable as 50+ people stand and stare while they struggle to load themselves and park on the bus.

Well, with these smaller vehicles, it could be just the handicapped person and their family.

Disney is a different beast when it comes to transportation due to the high capacity loads only at two times/day. Morning and at park closing.

Why couldn't Disney still use the same system they have now and incorporate these pods to alleviate the problems during the busy times...and park the buses once the big morning rush has died down?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom