deleted

Disney Irish

Premium Member
A pendulum ride? Leave that to Six Flags.

You're thinking this when you see pendulum ride :

sfmm_crazanity_rendering1.jpg

But actually its not even close to that. Think of Peter Pan's Flight but where the ride cars swing back and forth with the action while riding along the track all in an indoor dark ride.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This is the info on the patent. So many of these patent's go no where though.

https://i1.wp.com/www./wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Screen-Shot-2017-10-06-at-10.06.01-AM.png?resize=583%2C443

https://i1.wp.com/www./wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Screen-Shot-2017-10-06-at-10.05.47-AM.png?resize=573%2C520

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...ts-at-spider-man-style-ride-with.html?ana=twt

This one though is too good of a patent to go no where. And if you actually look at the real patent filing it mentions specifically Spider-Man as the character where this ride system would be beneficial.

mickEblu

This one though is too good of a patent to go no where. And if you actually look at the real patent filing it mentions specifically Spider-Man as the character where this ride system would be beneficial.

Glad to see you coming around on this one. You were quite the buzz kill when it first leaked. That was you wasn’t it?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Glad to see you coming around on this one. You were quite the buzz kill when it first leaked. That was you wasn’t it?

Nope, wasn’t me. I was the one who actually went and read the entire patent and found it specifically mentioned Spider-Man.

Here is what I said back almost a year ago in the thread specific to this patent:

While yes there has been no confirmation about this particular patent being anything other than a patent filed by Disney. I think however that one can draw some conclusions based on the details within the patent. Especially given the mention of a specific web-slinging Marvel character and the confirmation from Disney at D23 that same said character will be the star of an attraction. However if this particular patent goes nowhere so be it, no harm no foul.

It was in response to the buzz kill you are referring to, so it wasn't me. :cool:

mickEblu

Nope, wasn’t me. I was the one who actually went and read the entire patent and found it specifically mentioned Spider-Man.

Here is what I said back almost a year ago in the thread specific to this patent:

It was in response to the buzz kill you are referring to, so it wasn't me. :cool:

Lol sorry. I did remember you had something to do with it though! So who was the buzz kill?

Ismael Flores

Anybody hear about the recent Jim Hill tweets?
I've sort of rearranged them from oldest to newest top to bottom so you can read it in order, but keep in mind that twitter runs in the opposite order. Just check the times on the posts. These are from an OrangeGrove55 video about the same discussion and you can see that Jim Hill has tweeted in reply to him.

Summary:
Possible relocation of star tours and buzz ride systems, freeing up tomorrowland.
Spiderman Pendulum.
Nothing is off the table, nothing in hollywoodland is safe, not even the hyperion theater.
Desire for the project to be as grand as Galaxy's Edge.

isnt it weird that he says that WDI want to give people things to do in DCA when Disneyland is at capacity because of SGE?
how does closing star tours and buzzlightyear to move it to DCA help?

first if all you reduxe capacity at Disneyland and there is no way of dismantling and rebuilding those rides with new themes at DCA in time to help with the opening of SGE.
mother’s ngs woukdnt be ready till a year later when crowds might start evening out.
his story doesn't make sense

Ismael Flores

You realize that "unrelated" bridge, as you call it, was to open up the current transportation hub into more expansion room for DCA.

So I think its very related, as it really screwed with their plans for DCA expansion with a large footprint for Marvel. So now they have to redo the plans to fit inside the current DCA borders. Which means things that may not have been on the chopping block before, Hyperion, are now very much in play. After the EGW project failed, I think I even said I thought Hyperion would be going to make the existing area larger for Marvel.

I don't understand why they would remove the hyperion. seems like they can develop a good stunt show for it if needed. Best thing would be to remove the animation building and build a new structure against the queue for the Hyperion. Create a new entry street into the Marvel area. The tower would now have a proper lead to it and not be shoehorned in the corner.
This would allow for an extention of the trolley as well. I know some would have a problem with the theme of the trolley going through a Super hero land but I see the trolley as a mode of transportation that should be able to cross land just like the monorail and train. The trolley could cut thru this new addition and then continue south to the Paradise park area.

I think that all the area colored in grey as well as the remaining timon lot behind the tower would be enough land for a decent Super hero area. The rest of Hollywood land, backlot and hopefully future expansion area used now for the transportation hub could become a nicely themed Hollywood area. An area like that could easily have IP and non IP additions in the future. The SUper hero area could always be considered a subland of Hollywoods film making

Attachments

• reconfigrued Hollywood and super hero area.jpg
    reconfigrued Hollywood and super hero area.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don't understand why they would remove the hyperion. seems like they can develop a good stunt show for it if needed. Best thing would be to remove the animation building and build a new structure against the queue for the Hyperion. Create a new entry street into the Marvel area. The tower would now have a proper lead to it and not be shoehorned in the corner.
This would allow for an extention of the trolley as well. I know some would have a problem with the theme of the trolley going through a Super hero land but I see the trolley as a mode of transportation that should be able to cross land just like the monorail and train. The trolley could cut thru this new addition and then continue south to the Paradise park area.

I think that all the area colored in grey as well as the remaining timon lot behind the tower would be enough land for a decent Super hero area. The rest of Hollywood land, backlot and hopefully future expansion area used now for the transportation hub could become a nicely themed Hollywood area. An area like that could easily have IP and non IP additions in the future. The SUper hero area could always be considered a subland of Hollywoods film making

As I explained, Hyperion is now on the chopping block because the Eastern Gateway project being cancelled really screwed with their master plan for DCA. And at this time there is no guarantee the Eastern Gateway will get done anytime in the next 5 years. So with no Eastern Gateway, that means no expansion for DCA into the Transportation Hub in the Esplanade. So because of this they have to find ways to fit their current plans within the existing DCA borders. This means that things that wouldn't have been on the chopping block before, like Hyperion, are now on the chopping block. My opinion is that whole section of the park including Hollywood will became Marvel at some point.

And then if they do finally get the expansion into the TransHub it'll become something else.

Anyways that is just my take on it. We'll see how it actually turns out over the the next couple of years, starting with Bugs finally getting demo'd in September.

Also I don't see them pushing the trolley into the Paradise Park, especially not through the former Bugs area. If that was going to happen it'd make more sense to bypass the future Marvel area and just go right down that street called Performance Corridor (or whatever its called that goes in front of the waterfall).

Last edited:

DanielBB8

I don’t see how the Hyperion is in the chopping block since it’s unclear what goes there. The immediate development could be the undeveloped parking lot that was unconsidered before. The Eastern Gateway has a lot of potential beyond a mere parking lot, but speeding up development merely to relocate the transportation hub to free up space for Superheroes Land at this point can’t be done so easily.

truecoat

OR use the Flight of Passage ride system for a Tron ride in which the “link chair” sends you into the grid via same flashing lights and disappearing wall transition. The seating position already works. At some point in the ride you could switch from riding a light cycle to flying a light jet. The IP is a perfect fit, and it could potentially be a much better Tron ride than Power Run. I’m not letting go of this pipe dream.

Ant-man would be a good fit as well. Shrink you down and take you for a ride on the back of a flying ant like the movie.

ant man.jpg

Phroobar

You're thinking this when you see pendulum ride :

sfmm_crazanity_rendering1.jpg

But actually its not even close to that. Think of Peter Pan's Flight but where the ride cars swing back and forth with the action while riding along the track all in an indoor dark ride.
Rode that on Saturday. It was fun. It is suppose to go 75 mph and gives a great view of the park. It was a good use of the old haunted monorail station area. It's amazing it only took them a month to build. (six months of site prep too). It looks even better at night. The games area has been refreshed and I didn't notice but I believe the bumper cars next door have been updated with some disco lasers.

Ismael Flores

Rode that on Saturday. It was fun. It is suppose to go 75 mph and gives a great view of the park. It was a good use of the old haunted monorail station area. It's amazing it only took them a month to build. (six months of site prep too). It looks even better at night. The games area has been refreshed and I didn't notice but I believe the bumper cars next door have been updated with some disco lasers.

saw a video of it on youtube and it looks like a fun ride.

I still don't understand why Six flags hasn't learned how to at least add some kind of theming or aesthetics to their new additions. The video i saw shows a very open switchback queue right next to the ride and a background that was bare and dry. They really don't seem to think much about landscaping.

Phroobar

saw a video of it on youtube and it looks like a fun ride.

I still don't understand why Six flags hasn't learned how to at least add some kind of theming or aesthetics to their new additions. The video i saw shows a very open switchback queue right next to the ride and a background that was bare and dry. They really don't seem to think much about landscaping.
Their landscaping is a little bare. They seem to sit around on the foundation work for months. Then a month till opening they build the ride. Landscaping usually done later in the year since it's so hot in the summer. They did do a nice job on the front of Justice League but still the few planters and concrete is very hot and unfriendly. The courtyard needs more trees. I also wish they would add more random water fountains instead of making us stand in line to refill our soda bottles at a few locations. That is something Knotts does a lot better.

SSG

Off topic, but let's settle the debate on where Radiator Springs is located. There shouldn't be an argument about this because Radiator Springs is located in Arizona. My evidence: in Cars, at least 3 or 4 times, a character mentions that Lightning needs to get to California for the big race. This happened while McQueen was in RS. You wouldn't say 'get to California' if you're already in California. Granted, that doesn't place RS in Arizona, but if you go into Radiator Springs Curios in Cars Land, take a look at the mural above the cash register. it's a map of Route 66, which shows assorted roadside attractions and it clearly shows RS is in Arizona. If the Imagineers went to the trouble of drawing a map showing RS is in Arizona, that should settle it......at least until any future ret-con.
Just wanted to re-visit this topic with photographic evidence. The mural in Radiator Springs Curios places the town of Radiator Springs on Route 66 between Kingman, AZ. and Flagstaff.

RS 66.jpg

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

Just wanted to re-visit this topic with photographic evidence. The mural in Radiator Springs Curios places the town of Radiator Springs on Route 66 between Kingman, AZ. and Flagstaff.

View attachment 303626

That is why i always think of the entrance to carsland as sort of a border between california and Arizona. You could still the mountain range from the California border but once you cross the border line then you are in Arizona

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom