Could somebody please help?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It takes around 3 to 5 years for a major eride to be designed and built.

There will not be an Eride opening in MK this year - thats for sure! :)

Al

Original Poster
No- i meant start to be built.

I wish disney would just get a move on with things!

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Alberrisford
No- i meant start to be built.

I wish disney would just get a move on with things!

No offense, but I believe people like you are ruining the image that is Disney. WDW is not about thrill rides (e-rides) and how high, fast or nauseating a ride is. WDW is about the entire experience and about having fun with your family. If you want thrill rides, then you should go to Universal or Six Flags.

In regards the e-ride design/construction... a lot goes into it. Universal or Six Flags can just put up a roller coaster or water ride with absolutely no theming and have its "guts" hanging out. Disney can't do that... it would tarnish their image. Disney has to create a story for each ride, have excessive theming, and in no way can they expose the "guts" of the rides. About the only way you will see the track of a roller coaster is by being in the front seat.

As far as I'm concerned, Disney does not have a deficit of E-Rides and I would not expect one for another year or two.

MCMike37

Totally agree with the above sentiments. I am happy Disney is not throwing up Erides left and right. The emphasis is on the atmosphere of the ride more then the ride itself. Disney's best rides are not the thrill rides, but their story rides (Great Movie, Jungle Cruise, Pirates) and shows (American Adventure, Carousel of Progress, Alien Encounter)

I have never really gone looking for thrill rides (Don;t get me wrong, I can;t tell you the countless times me and my brother having rode the same ride over and over again at park closing, like our record 13 times in a row through Big Thunder in like a little over an hour. By the way, the best way to ride that ride? At night, in the very last car, looking backwards, very cool feeling:D:D)

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by MCMike37
By the way, the best way to ride that ride? At night, in the very last car, looking backwards, very cool feeling:D:D)

Haven't tried the looking backwards part.... But I agree with the last car. You should try to get the last car on ANY roller coaster. You see what happens is in the front, the train is already starting to go down while the rest of it is coming up the hill. In the last car, you get to experience the entire drop, and sometimes the weight of the front pulls you up the last part of the lift hill and you get an extra boost!!

bonbon

And when you're looking backwards from the last car of BTM, look through the chains taking you up the first hill. There is a little room down there with a bench or two and lockers for the CMs. :)

Al

Original Poster
SORRY!

You know what ,

I totally agree WDW-Imagineer!!!! I agree with what you say, it was silly of me to make such a statement, i suppose i was partially referring to mission:space.

Thank you also for making my realise what a silly statement i had made!!

I hate gut wrenching rides, and hope disney doesnt build many of them. I much prefer rides where there are things to look at and take in, like Pirates Of The Caribbean. Also, theming is a great thing, I mean, its silly just to build a coaster with no story. Lets take Splash Mountain for example, I wouldnt call it a thrill ride, i mean its just like a log flume - but, it has a story, music, interesting things to see, and it tends to give a meaning to the ride. Just imagine Splash Mountain without the theming, it would no way be an e-ride, the things which make e-rides are not just the thrills.

I am really sorry if i upset anyone, i am quite new here and am just getting settled!

Ps. Are the facts true, when they renamed Countdown To Extinction , to Dinosaur, did they take the jerky ness out?

DisneyFreak

Re: SORRY!

You know what ,

I am really sorry if i upset anyone, i am quite new here and am just getting settled!

Ps. Are the facts true, when they renamed Countdown To Extinction , to Dinosaur, did they take the jerky ness out?

I don't think you upset anyone alber. No harm, no foul.

BTW, when they renamed CtE to Dinosaur they did take the jerkyness out. Plus they made the ride smoother. ;)

bonbon

Are you sure they changed it? I can't exactly remember back to CTX but I think it still feels the same. I dunno maybe I have bad memory.

DisneyFreak

I know someone had been talking about this on a previous post. I've only been on the ride twice (once as CtE and once as Dino) but I know the ride was a little smoother the second time. I think they also either added a couple dino's or subtracted a couple. I can't remember which.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by DisneyFreak
I know someone had been talking about this on a previous post. I've only been on the ride twice (once as CtE and once as Dino) but I know the ride was a little smoother the second time. I think they also either added a couple dino's or subtracted a couple. I can't remember which.

I know they changed the height requirement. The first time we went, my son was too short; the second time,a few months later, he was well over the limit. And no, he didn't have a major growth spurt. ;)

Rooster

You know what ,

I totally agree WDW-Imagineer!!!! I agree with what you say, it was silly of me to make such a statement, i suppose i was partially referring to mission:space.

No Need to apologize. Say what you feel. I'm new too and sometimes the more "seasoned" members can be a bit critical but alot of what is on here is just opinions. Have fun with it.:cool:

markymark

You know what ,

Hey! as an Englishman it is your right to say as much silly stuff as possible!! Any way, it wasn't so don't worry!

Don't be sorry about upsetting anyone either, we are all here for 1 reason, WDW and all things Disney, we may m#not all agree with everything, but who does in any area of life.

Personally I didn't feel any difference in the Dinosaur ride when it changed over from CTX, which, incidentally I wish it was still called!!

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: Re: SORRY!

Originally posted by Rooster

No Need to apologize. Say what you feel. I'm new too and sometimes the more "seasoned" members can be a bit critical but alot of what is on here is just opinions. Have fun with it.:cool:

Seasoned! Seasoned! I'll have you know I'm aged to perfection!!;)

JAY-ROD

Re: Re: SORRY!

Originally posted by Rooster

were well seasoned around here! Arent we guys? :)

Tramp

You know what ,

Dear AL.....

There's no need to apologize here...your opinion has been expressed by MANY members and it should NEVER be suppressed.

I don't ever want WDW to turn into a "Six Flags" either. Contrary to popular opinion, I can see Disney moving more toward the coaster type rides built around a theme...much like the current 'mountain' rides. Think about it...which rides are the most popular at WDW.....Disney sees it too.

MrPromey

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

The ride did become a little smoother. They still bump you around a lot but most of the movements are a little more flowing in nature so you don't get as shaken… As for the Dino's it's hard to say. When you go on it from one time to the next they may be working on one and have it out. That's been my experience on several occasions... Steve, actually was the one that explained to me what was going on with that :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom