Could Rio possibly be the main E-Ticket attraction of the Brazil Pavilion?

flyerjab

Me? Yes. But so did Italy. And Germany. And Japan. And the UK.

Since Iger and Chapek are pro-IP in the parks nowadays, what IP, other than Rio, could work here? IF one had to choose. Not saying it needs to go that route.

Any space for another movie theater here?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So, what happened to the rumored extra several hundred million budgeted for Brazil that was assumed to be for an E-Ticket attraction?

Take a guess what happened to it...you have at least a 0.000006% chance of guessing right.😉

justintheharris

Using a Fox property in Epcot will bring complaints from many people here. However, it would also bring in profits from the Fox purchase. Disney needs to show the stockholders the value of Fox assets in all their Divisions and Rio can help. Disney needs to start making money on Fox right away.
Using any intellectual property anywhere will bring complaints from people here.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Jim kept saying attraction, though I don't recall if he specifically mentioned RIO or Caballeros or IP. Then the budget was inflated some 200 million as if by magic. Then nothing. No attraction at all. And what of that mystery company sponsor that was rumored? So many questions!

So, what happened to the rumored extra several hundred million budgeted for Brazil that was assumed to be for an E-Ticket attraction?

Was it an E? Or did I miss the sarcasm again?

nickys

Premium Member
Jim kept saying attraction, though I don't recall if he specifically mentioned RIO or Caballeros or IP. Then the budget was inflated some 200 million as if by magic. Then nothing. No attraction at all. And what of that mystery company sponsor that was rumored? So many questions!

Was it an E? Or did I miss the sarcasm again?

So where was Jim getting his info? Or could it he was just speculating?!

And where did this rumour of the extra millions come from? I remember seeing it being discussed, but I wasn’t following the thread religiously and have no idea who brought it up. Clearly it wasn’t Martin! Could it be it all from Jim’s podcast?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So where was Jim getting his info? Or could it he was just speculating?!

And where did this rumour of the extra millions come from? I remember seeing it being discussed, but I wasn’t following the thread religiously and have no idea who brought it up. Clearly it wasn’t Martin! Could it be it all from Jim’s podcast?

From here:

I can confirm it. 450 million dollar price tag with Brazil picking up 250 of that.

I also can confirm that CoCo will be entering Mexico. Looks to be a 75 million price tag on that.
Nope. The budget suggests an attraction, despite my understanding otherwise.

SirWillow

You still have to establish that there even will be a Brazil pavilion, which has been rumored for years but nothings been happening towards it and Brazil has stated several times that they have no interest in playing the role necessary to make it happen. So even the premise before the premise is weak.

Then a Fox property that wasn't even a big hit and with no lasting impact being put into a Disney park? Sorry, not happening.

Edit- BTW, I do actually hope that a Brazil pavilion is in the works, but I've seen nothing outside of a few forum "hints" that would indicate otherwise, and much outside evidence that it's not happening. It would be nice to be wrong, but call me skeptical until a number of other things that have to happen first take place- like Brazil's government getting stabilized, on board and their economy turning around.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
You still have to establish that there even will be a Brazil pavilion, which has been rumored for years but nothings been happening towards it and Brazil has stated several times that they have no interest in playing the role necessary to make it happen. So even the premise before the premise is weak.

Then a Fox property that wasn't even a big hit and with no lasting impact being put into a Disney park? Sorry, not happening.

Edit- BTW, I do actually hope that a Brazil pavilion is in the works, but I've seen nothing outside of a few forum "hints" that would indicate otherwise, and much outside evidence that it's not happening. It would be nice to be wrong, but call me skeptical until a number of other things that have to happen first take place- like Brazil's government getting stabilized, on board and their economy turning around.

The stage building by the backstage area next to the most likely location of the Brazil pavilion was closed. And I think there might even have been some clearance work there, not sure.

The Brazilian government are unlikely to be involved in funding, it would be large multi national companies involved. Of which there are several.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom