Could Rio possibly be the main E-Ticket attraction of the Brazil Pavilion?

seascape

Well, Disney has Fox’s IPs now, and Rio seems to be good IP to use at the parks.

Go ahead and start a conversation down below!
Using a Fox property in Epcot will bring complaints from many people here. However, it would also bring in profits from the Fox purchase. Disney needs to show the stockholders the value of Fox assets in all their Divisions and Rio can help. Disney needs to start making money on Fox right away.

Sir_Cliff

Would seem odd for Disney to start pushing the mildly successful (and, apparently, dead) Rio franchise when they've judged the more commercially successful and critically well-received Coco not worthy of an attraction.

I'd be surprised to see m/any of the Blue Sky films incorporated into the parks as if they were Disney films. More likely Disney will see them as content for their streaming platforms, cable channels, and perhaps blue-rays and DVDs. They are overflowing with more commercially viable properties that they largely ignore when it comes to the theme parks and merchandising as it is.

Cmdr_Crimson

AWKWARD...
D7FM.gif

wdwfan4ver

Using a Fox property in Epcot will bring complaints from many people here. However, it would also bring in profits from the Fox purchase. Disney needs to show the stockholders the value of Fox assets in all their Divisions and Rio can help. Disney needs to start making money on Fox right away.
If there is anything Disney would be using Fox stuff for theme parks right away, Marvel would make the most sense. I know WDW can't have the Marvel IPS Fox had, but X-Men is something Disney can do Meet and Greets, for all Disney theme parks outside of Florida. I know X-Men and Fantastic Four needs to be rebooted.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I thought I read somewhere that the Fox film assets were more for streaming platform robustness, aka. don't expect to see much, if any, of the Fox movie IP inside a Disney theme park anytime soon.

Count me in the crowd who don't like "rumor" threads where someone just throws something out there and calls it "a rumor". :mad: And since someone with much knowledge has said, "There's currently no attraction for Brazil", this thread should go the way of the dodo.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
If there is anything Disney would be using Fox stuff for theme parks right away, Marvel would make the most sense. I know WDW can't have the Marvel IPS Fox had, but X-Men is something Disney can do Meet and Greets, for all Disney theme parks outside of Florida. I know X-Men and Fantastic Four needs to be rebooted.
None of those things have anything to do with Fox. Fox never had the THEME PARK rights to the X-Men. They had the movie rights. The Fox acquisition has absolutely zero to do with theme park Marvel rights in any way whatsoever.

Cmdr_Crimson

I thought I read somewhere that the Fox film assets were more for streaming platform robustness, aka. don't expect to see much, if any, of the Fox movie IP inside a Disney theme park anytime soon.

Count me in the crowd who don't like "rumor" threads where someone just throws something out there and calls it "a rumor". :mad: And since someone with much knowledge has said, "There's currently no attraction for Brazil", this thread should go the way of the dodo.

It's exactly like thinking that Disney would count Anastasia to be a part of the Disney Princesses Line...It's not gonna happen..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, Disney has Fox’s IPs now, and Rio seems to be good IP to use at the parks.

Go ahead and start a conversation down below!

Here's Rio franchise compared to Disney Animation since 2011 (when Rio 1 came out)...

Disney Animation in this time period scored much higher with audience and critics.

However, in the end, the Rio's made a larger profit in the theatrical window because they were made with a much lower budget.

However, Disney has been known to use IP in the parks that has the same mediocre scores as the Rio's, namely, TRON, e.g.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom