Could June 21st be the opening of Galaxy Edge? - OC Register

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/01/...-disneyland-will-open-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

>>Theme Park Insider editor and Southern California News Group theme park columnist Robert Niles pegged June 21-23 as a top candidate for the Galaxy’s Edge grand opening event at the Anaheim park with soft opening previews likely on the weekends leading up to those dates.

Niles found that changes in Disneyland annual passholder blockout dates from 2018 to 2019 provided the key clues.

In 2018, Deluxe passholders were blocked out on Saturdays in June and SoCal passholders were blocked on Fridays and Saturdays for most of the month.

In 2019, Deluxe annual passholders will be blocked out on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays starting June 9 and every day from June 21 to Aug. 18. SoCal passholders will be blocked out the entire month of June in 2019.

That’s a significant increase in annual passholder blockout dates for 2019 compared to 2018, suggesting the park wants to start reducing weekend crowds in mid-June and weekday crowds in late June, according to Niles.

The situation is very different across the promenade: Deluxe annual passholders won’t find any block out dates at Disney California Adventure between May 27 and Aug. 30.<<

Phroobar

Looking at that, logic says June 21 is the date. Congrats to whoever had June 21 in the office pool. ;)
giphy.gif

@TROR owes me a dollar!;)

TP2000

No!!! It's not official yet, and I have two churros riding on June 8th. :mad:

And you are all assuming that TDA execs use "logic". If TDA used logic for stuff, they never would have approved Pixar Pier, MaxPass, lavish E Tickets that get less than 2,000 riders per hour, or placed a computer room with expensive equipment that controls World of Color at the bottom of a lagoon accessible only by scuba divers.

Over and over and over again, for decades, TDA execs prove they don't use logic to make their business decisions on running a theme park.

We have to wait until it's officially announced by Disney to see who wins the bet. That's only logical.

Phroobar

And you are all assuming that TDA execs use "logic". If TDA used logic for stuff, they never would have approved Pixar Pier, MaxPass, lavish E Tickets that get less than 2,000 riders per hour, or placed a computer room with expensive equipment that controls World of Color at the bottom of a lagoon accessible only by scuba divers.

Over and over and over again, for decades, TDA execs prove they don't use logic to make their business decisions on running a theme park.

We have to wait until it's officially announced by Disney to see who wins the bet. That's only logical.

giphy.gif

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Please note that I placed the Question Mark in the title for a reason.

But for those looking to plan a trip, gives you some idea of where things are..... But as always, Disney has "Things subject to change" clause for a reason....

TP2000

Quoting my own post here because while watching the hummingbirds in the side yard this creeping dread just came over me, and so I ran to the Google and discovered what I'd feared was true... the 2019 Disneyland Grad Nite Calendar! :eek:

2019 Disneyland Resort Grad Nite Dates:
  • May 10, 11, 17, 18, 21, 22, 28, 29, and 31
  • June 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, and 14
So..... um.... ? Yeah, there's no way in heck they'll try and open Star Wars Land on a Grad Nite day.

Suddenly it's looking like this calendar is more likely, just off the top of my head;
Cast Previews - June 16th to 19th
Prep Day - June 20th
Media & Neckbeard Blogger Gravy Train Weekend - June 21st to 23rd
Megadollar Upcharge Previews - June 24th to 26th
Prep Day - June 27th
B List Celebrity Party - Friday, June 28th
Grand Opening Day - Saturday, June 29th

I'll still wait until Disney says something official, but let me know who I'm supposed to send those two churros to. :(

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Quoting my own post here because while watching the hummingbirds in the side yard this creeping dread just came over me, and so I ran to the Google and discovered what I'd feared was true... the 2019 Disneyland Grad Nite Calendar! :eek:

2019 Disneyland Resort Grad Nite Dates:
  • May 10, 11, 17, 18, 21, 22, 28, 29, and 31
  • June 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, and 14
So..... um.... ? Yeah, there's no way in heck they'll try and open Star Wars Land on a Grad Nite day.

Suddenly it's looking like this calendar is more likely, just off the top of my head;
Cast Previews - June 16th to 19th
Prep Day - June 20th
Media & Neckbeard Blogger Gravy Train Weekend - June 21st to 23rd
Megadollar Upcharge Previews - June 24th to 26th
Prep Day - June 27th
B List Celebrity Party - Friday, June 28th
Grand Opening Day - Saturday, June 29th

I'll still wait until Disney says something official, but let me know who I'm supposed to send those two churros to. :(

Nice catch on the Grand Nite dates. But hasn't Grand Nite now been relegated to DCA only? So wouldn't that be a perfect time to have CM previews and any Media Days?

Anyways I'm thinking more like this if the Grand Nite calendar is to have an effect:

Cast Previews - June 16th to 18th
Prep Day - June 19th
Media Day/Celebrity Party - June 20th
Early Preview (Upcharge? or maybe AP lottery) - June 21st
Grand Opening - June 22nd

TP2000

Nice catch on the Grand Nite dates. But hasn't Grand Nite now been relegated to DCA only? So wouldn't that be a perfect time to have CM previews and any Media Days?

Anyways I'm thinking more like this if the Grand Nite calendar is to have an effect:

Cast Previews - June 16th to 18th
Prep Day - June 19th
Media Day/Celebrity Party - June 20th
Early Preview (Upcharge? or maybe AP lottery) - June 21st
Grand Opening - June 22nd

They let the kids go to Disneyland all day before the party begins at DCA. I've been unfortunate enough to try to exit Disneyland at the same time hordes of chanting Grad Nite "guests" charge through the turnstiles and make an assault on Main Street USA. They are loud, boisterous and rowdy, but TDA doesn't seem to care because they make a lot of money off Grad Nites.

But then, that gets me back to my original thought that TDA execs often use little to no logic when making their business decisions. So it could be entirely possible that TDA would plan to open Star Wars Land on the same day as a Grad Nite. What could go wrong with that?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom