Could Fox sci-fi enrich Tomorrowland?

britain

Original Poster
How could any Fox property be used effectively for a Tomorrowland revision?

Looking at this list here, so much of the IPs are violent/dystopian. I don't think a second (third? tenth?) attempt at Alien Encounter would work at Disneyland.

Obviously Avatar. Maybe The Martian, which was good, but hardly a franchise IP (maybe get Matt Dameon to refresh Mission Space at EPCOT).

I don't want to see Apes / Predator / Terminator make any appearance at Tomorrowland. Thoughts?

Phroobar

The subs could be rethemed to Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Fantastic Voyage could be a great replacement for Star Tours. (body wars done right). The Fly could be something kind of fun and scary but it would have to be different from Alien Encounter. Minority Report could be interesting. They could use the dinosaurs for The Lost World. Universal might have a problem with that one though.

britain

Original Poster
The subs could be rethemed to Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Fantastic Voyage could be a great replacement for Star Tours. (body wars done right). The Fly could be something kind of fun and scary but it would have to be different from Alien Encounter. Minority Report could be interesting. They could use the dinosaurs for The Lost World. Universal might have a problem with that one though.

Wasn't James Cameron working on a Fantastic Voyage remake too? He might not get to it for a few decades, of course.

CaptainAmerica

tenor.gif

Rich T

No. No Fox IPs in Tomorrowland. Just come up with a few original, fun rides and give them a clean, bright optimistic theme about space exploration, world peace, and transportation. Design them to be easily tweaked to stay updated. Feature great live music. That's all it needs to supplement Space Mountain and be a warm, welcoming place to hang out.

Tomorrowland should make people think and dream, not simply rehash movies.

Last edited:

eddie104

No. No Fox IPs in Tomorrowland. Just come up with a few original, fun rides and give them a clean, bright optimistic theme about space exploration, world peace, and transportation. Feature great live music. Design them to be easily tweaked to stay updated. That's all it needs to supplement Space Mountain and be a warm, welcoming place to hang out.

Tomorrowland should make people think and dream, not simply rehash movies.
You know very well that is not what your going to get under Chapek. ;)

Ismael Flores

i would really like to see a rebirth of ExtraTERRORestrial Alien encounter. If its too much for Tomorrolwnad than add it to DCA in the hollywood backlot area. They can even re-theme it to something Marvel. How about themeing it to a Flerken, we know we all would like to meet goose.

I actually enjoyed that attraction and was upset that TDO decided to get rid of it and put Stitch

TwilightZone

Ok on a less jokey note, there are some things I could see working, but I'm not too sure we will ever get a ride out of
  1. Titan AE
  2. X men
  3. Digimon
  4. Robots
  5. Fantastic four
  6. X files
  7. Alita Battle Angel
Just to name a few.

CaptainAmerica

Ok on a less jokey note, there are some things I could see working, but I'm not too sure we will ever get a ride out of
  1. Titan AE
  2. X men
  3. Digimon
  4. Robots
  5. Fantastic four
  6. X files
Just to name a few.
X-Men and Fantastic Four have literally nothing to do with this. None whatsoever. The theme park rights for those came over with the Marvel acquisition.

TwilightZone

X-Men and Fantastic Four have literally nothing to do with this. None whatsoever. The theme park rights for those came over with the Marvel acquisition.
Yes, but this is the Disneyland forum isn't it? Therefore, disney is still free to use those properties over here if they want to. As long as they don't use the word Marvel.

CaptainAmerica

Yes, but this is the Disneyland forum isn't it? Therefore, disney is still free to use those properties over here if they want to. As long as they don't use the word Marvel.
My point is that it has nothing to do with Fox. Fox held the film rights to those characters, not the theme park rights. The topic of the thread is IP coming over from Fox. That IP isn't part of the Fox deal (for parks purposes).

eddie104

Aren't you in another thread right now actively campaigning for Fox IP in the Disney Parks?
Huh ??? I don’t where your getting that I was “campaigning” for Fox IP in the parks. All I was trying to say was people were being dismissive for no other reason but their personal bias or dislike of other studios content.

Rich T

Wait... doesn't Fox own the movie "Robots"? I still don't want Fox in Tomorrowland (Unless it's Fox McCloud--But Universal already has Nintendo locked in). And I ESPECIALLY don't want any Futurama in my Disneyland! :D

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom