cost of adding an adult to room reservation

EvilQueen-T

anyone have a ballpark of how much extra they charge for adding an adult to an existing room reservation? we're going for one night this sunday (memorial day weekend) and of course even though i gave everyone a deadline to decide to go or not eons ago one straggler jumps in today and says they think they want to go. we have a villa at saratoga springs so that's not an issue but was wondering how much they usually charge to add another adult?

DisneyJoe

If they are the 3rd adult in the room, there is an extra adult charge of $10/night at the value resorts, $15/night at the moderates, and $25/night at the deluxe resorts.

DVC villas may have slightly different rules, depending on the size of the villa, but the fee would be $25/night if there was one.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
thanks, good to know. i want an idea of what to tell them so some of the people who have decided to go all of a sudden don't just "add it to the room" aka my credit card bill. i'm a planner and am being driven crazy by the last minute "ooohhh i changed my mind and now i'm going" members of our family at this point. i wasn't sure how it would affect our resort reservation but know it's likely to mess up our adrs on a very busy weekend when i really don't want to wing it (sigh).

Upvote 0

Rob562

The DVC resorts actually have no additional-adult fees. You can have from 1 adult up to the maximum occupancy of the room, and it's the same price.

So if the reservation is for Room Only, there's no problem adding them. They could even be done when you go to check in. If it were a Package, that would make things a bitmore complicated.

But if the person will need to use Magical Express, you'll want to add them NOW, even if they're not 100% sure. There's a minimum time to book DME, and they're not allowed to add someone there at the desk at the airport.

ADRs are another story entirely. An extra adult MIGHT be able to be accommodated on existing reservations (especially if there was an odd number to begin with...most tables seat even numbers of people) but they should be prepared to make their own dining arrangements.

-Rob

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
cool thanks. and no dme, we drive in. i figure our adr's may be messed up and of course it's the one person who i pushed the hardest to get an answer from about going in the first place who said no no no who is now at the last minute making life complicated (sigh)...family.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom