Cosmic Ray Lament

zurgandfriend

Original Poster
For years the chicken and ribs combo at Cosmic Rays was my DW’s guilty pleasure, she always said it was a quick and good meal without all the hoop-la of a sit-down restaurant. Every trip to WDW required a dinner there. The combo has, of course, gone the way of all flesh.

Last evening as my DW and I discussed our upcoming trip she lamented upon the demise of her favorite meal and asked was there anything similar. I told her Whispering Canyon with chicken, ribs corn, etc. was the closest thing I could think of. She said it too much of a production to go to the Wilderness Lodge, we are staying on Crescent Lake, and too big of a meal. When I said, “well how about the Biergarten?” she threw the remote at me.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

WDWmazprty

Yeah, Cosmic Rays is a favorite of mines too....last time I was there it was fine, but its been a couple years. I'll still go and eat there but probably get a burger, which i know isn't horrible.

However, if its chicken and ribs you're wanting, try Trails End. The buffet is spectacular there, at least we think so. All you can eat and great tasting.

Club Cooloholic

If y’all are gonna’ be spendin’ some time in AK, Flame Tree Barbecue (QS/CS) used to be really good, especially the ribs.
Haven’t been there since 2013, though.
I didn't get the combo but the full ribs platter at Flame Tree was massive when I had it in June. Also has some of the best outdoor seating areas in any one of the parks, you can look out on the lake or a beautiful water garden pool. Surprisingly never a huge crowd for seats either.

Rob562

For years the chicken and ribs combo at Cosmic Rays was my DW’s guilty pleasure, she always said it was a quick and good meal without all the hoop-la of a sit-down restaurant. Every trip to WDW required a dinner there. The combo has, of course, gone the way of all flesh.

Last evening as my DW and I discussed our upcoming trip she lamented upon the demise of her favorite meal and asked was there anything similar. I told her Whispering Canyon with chicken, ribs corn, etc. was the closest thing I could think of. She said it too much of a production to go to the Wilderness Lodge, we are staying on Crescent Lake, and too big of a meal. When I said, “well how about the Biergarten?” she threw the remote at me.

Three Broomsticks or Thunder Falls Terrace at Universal. 😉

-Rob

nickys

Premium Member

Duck. Or use a cushion.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
My vote for the currently open venues would be Flame Tree which has both and both are good (January and April we ate there), but the new American Smokehouse to open soon will definitely get a visit from us this fall.

NiarrNDisney

Here's a couple options from only CS restaurants in parks or around Crescent Lake that she may like:

Columbia Harbour House (MK) - Trio Platter or either the Chicken w/ Fish or Fried Shrimp & Fish Platters
Flametree Barbecue (DAK) - Rib, Chicken and Pulled Pork Sampler Platter
Picabu (Dolphin) - Half Rotisserie Chicken with 2 sides and Breadsticks
Polite Pig (DS-TC) - Butcher Board for 2 ( $39 which is about $20 per person and in the World $20 is about what you will pay at a CS in the parks)
Tangierine Cafe (Epcot) - Chicken and Lamb Shawarma Platter

donaldtoo

I didn't get the combo but the full ribs platter at Flame Tree was massive when I had it in June. Also has some of the best outdoor seating areas in any one of the parks, you can look out on the lake or a beautiful water garden pool. Surprisingly never a huge crowd for seats either.

Sorry for the massively late response...!!!!! :hilarious:
But, yes, the seating there was never an issue for us (very light), and it is a very pleasant atmosphere...maybe many folks don’t realize it goes that deep back towards the water...?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom