Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

beertiki

Here in the Keys, almost everyone is wearing a mask. Most are the buff/fishing shield/neck gaiter type. But, we have been wearing those on the boat for years.

Not sure how those from up north will do wearing one in the summer heat, but I can still breathe fine on a windless day in August with the beating down on you and reflecting up from the water.

What I would really like to see is, how Disney is going to handle rope drop and the mad rush to the popular rides. It has always been a mess with people bumping into you and trying to squeeze by. Hopefully this is also the end of people who think they can walk past others in the queue to catch up to someone else.

zengoth

Someone on another site recommended Jaanuu. Apparently they have a wicking material in one of the layers to make it more comfortable. They are a company that also makes scrubs.
This. Current events will allow folks to experiment with face coverings of many different types and construction. It’s not one and done. And these circumstances may be around for awhile. (Unfortunately you may not always be able to try before you buy, so don’t be buying the 60 pack size at first)

Animaniac93-98

My guess is that you will have to move off to the side or somewhere that has less crowd traffic to take the mask down/up to sip some water.

Or one of the outdoor seating areas (Casey's patio, Tomorrowland Terrace, Village Haus patio, Storybook Circus charge station etc).

With fewer guests in the park, there may be a spot to sit down for once.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Or one of the outdoor seating areas (Casey's patio, Tomorrowland Terrace, Village Haus patio, Storybook Circus charge station etc).

With fewer guests in the park, there may be a spot to sit down for once.
Good point. They may even just rope off some additional areas with 6 foot apart squares with chairs and/or tables to allow people to stop and take a break if they need it.

DisneyCane

Yellowstone is on my list of back up plans if WDW isn’t open in August. I haven’t been there since I was a kid. My kids have never been there.
If your kids have never been there, I'd recommend trying to go sometime even if WDW is open. If your family can handle some light hiking there are some amazing things to see (not to mention the animals).

Miss Bella

If your kids have never been there, I'd recommend trying to go sometime even if WDW is open. If your family can handle some light hiking there are some amazing things to see (not to mention the animals).
I can handle even difficult hiking. :) My teens might complain the whole time.
The problem is I need use my WDW by the end of the year. I have plans to go to Japan in March and then I moved this years European cruise to next year. I’m not sure I’ll have the time off or money for all this as it is.

I agree with you though Yellowstone is pretty amazing and I should find the time to go if not this year sometime in the next couple of years.

Im at the point where I just want a vacation in August and I really don’t care anymore where I go.

Miss Bella

Here in the Keys, almost everyone is wearing a mask. Most are the buff/fishing shield/neck gaiter type. But, we have been wearing those on the boat for years.

Not sure how those from up north will do wearing one in the summer heat, but I can still breathe fine on a windless day in August with the beating down on you and reflecting up from the water.

What I would really like to see is, how Disney is going to handle rope drop and the mad rush to the popular rides. It has always been a mess with people bumping into you and trying to squeeze by. Hopefully this is also the end of people who think they can walk past others in the queue to catch up to someone else.
Are these gator type masks cooler? I see them advertised for cycling and outdoor sports.

TrojanUSC

Why would all states have to be letting people travel? As I understand it, some people are allowed to travel now, and are visiting other states. There are flights happening every day, and many will choose to drive. So any DVC members who can get to WDW for their reservation can be used to try out procedures. Along with any locals who fit the criteria they set, for example AP holders, who are also able to get there. Then they start opening the resorts and letting resort guests in too.

There is no reason for Disney to wait until all DVC members are free to travel to Florida.

The biggest mistake people continue to make is looking just at what Florida allows them to do. This is much bigger than that.

The CDC is currently providing guidance that nobody should travel now unless it is essential. Opening a destination where the vast majority of people would need to travel to access, with that guidance in place, would be reckless. Remember that they closed essentially once the CDC guidance about gatherings came out, not when Florida told them to.

HongKongFooy

do you (general you) feel lucky?
they can be arrested, fined, etc. I have read about this happening in Hawaii, but haven't read/heard anything about it happening in FL - but that doesn't mean it hasn't.

As I asked before, do you (general you) feel lucky?

tenor (1).gif

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Any chance they'll keep Planet Hollywood Observatory closed indefinitely? Just curious. I mean if somebody's got to go under - that gets my vote. STK a very close second. Well, actually, STK may be first.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Any chance they'll keep Planet Hollywood Observatory closed indefinitely? Just curious. I mean if somebody's got to go under - that gets my vote. STK a very close second. Well, actually, STK may be first.
Isn‘t Planet Hollywood one of the first to open on Wed?

Tavernacle12

World of Disney store and a couple other Disney owned outlets in Disney Springs to open on May 27 too now. Good news.

WoD seems so big that unless they’re doing curbside only somehow, it neither seems safe to let people in the touch everything or monetarily smart to have the requisite number of staff to deal with it. Smaller shops I understand, since it’d be easier to keep track of everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom