Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

You don’t think kids should play with their neighbor even outside?
Outside is fine as long as social distancing is practiced. I would avoid playgrounds (and honestly anywhere there's lots of people) though, as we don't know exactly how long the virus survives on surfaces (I've not seen an official length, but I've seen everything from 36 hours to 9 days "quoted" with no link). Hiking, nature walks (as long as groups are spread far apart), fishing (again, stay away from other people), etc. should be fine.

Neighbor I would consider okay, too, provided that both are keeping their circles of regular contacts very, VERY small. For example, my husband is not working, I'm a SAHM, and our kids are out of school. We're not having play dates, we're not visiting family. We're only going out if there's something we need to get. I would consider us very safe.

Funny...our boys' autism has been very socially isolating for us as many parents treat it as if it's contagious, so we're pretty isolated anyway...this is the first time I've ever been thankful for that, and I never in a million years EVER thought I would be.

Virtual Toad

This is too extreme imo. I want to make a poll somewhere.. I really am curious of how many people are doing one or the other. Total isolation- or allowing neighbor play outside.
Respectfully disagree. This isn't about whether school kids will feel isolated or fall behind in club sports. This is about controlling a pandemic. The sooner we all gain the proper perspective on this, the sooner we will be able to rebuild. People taking it too casually will only extend the closures and economic chaos and the infection rate and death toll will be exponentially worse.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Respectfully disagree. This isn't about whether school kids will feel isolated or fall behind in club sports. This is about controlling a pandemic. The sooner we all gain the proper perspective on this, the sooner we will be able to rebuild. People taking it too casually will only extend the closures and economic chaos and the infection rate and death toll will be exponentially worse.
Yep. Isolate now, thru mid-April, or isolate thru August. Your choice.

21stamps

Why don't you. You were asked not to clog these threads with blather about childcare. I have seen your incessant postings about drivel on so many threads I wore out a mouse clicking through. Last time you declined, try it now.
Buh-Bye

That’s not about childcare. 😂. The poll was already created 15 minutes ago though.

This country has never faced what we’re facing right now... I appreciate all different perspectives on all the different effects we are facing as a nation. From disney, to how people are handling this unimaginable school closure scenario, to the different business closures in different states, and the effect on our economy.

ImperfectPixie

That’s not about childcare. 😂. The poll was already created 15 minutes ago though.

This country has never faced what we’re facing right now... I appreciate all different perspectives on all the different effects we are facing as a nation. From disney, to how people are handling this unimaginable school closure scenario, to the different closures in different states, and the effect on our economy.
I'm terrified about our financial future...I'm doing everything I can to be hopeful and not let it put me in a tail-spin.

Virtual Toad

Honestly, I would say that it depends on where people live. In rural or outer-suburban areas, maybe okay. In the city? No freaking way.
We live in Clearwater (yes, where spring breakers have flooded the beaches). For the record, our city management has been way too slow to crack down on things and not just on the beaches. And even though we live miles from the beach, our "neighborhood" grocery store is the first/last stop for tourists heading to and from the beach, all day, every day. The situation is even more crowded with the theme parks closed. So with our existing extreme population density (not counting the tourists), scores of senior citizen residents, and hordes of out-of-state tourists *still* flocking to our beaches and descending in large numbers on our supermarkets, maybe we are a little bit more freaked out than others.

21stamps

I'm terrified about our financial future...I'm doing everything I can to be hopeful and not let it put me in a tail-spin.

I just keep telling myself that it’s going to blow over quickly. Then I watch the latest update and realize that it’s probably impossible to go over quickly. I’m still holding out hope though... until I hear an official announcement.
I’ve been thru a lot, but this entire situation has thrown a curve ball like I never thought I would see. I keep thinking we’re going to wake up,.. like it must be a dream.

ImperfectPixie

I just keep telling myself that it’s going to blow over quickly. Then I watch the latest update and realize that it’s probably impossible to go over quickly. I’m still holding out hope though... until I hear an official announcement.
I’ve been thru a lot, but this entire situation has thrown a curve ball like I never thought I would see. I keep thinking we’re going to wake up,.. like it must be a dream.
My dreams have definitely turned towards the apocalyptic. My brain has never been kind to me while I'm asleep.

DCBaker

Premium Member
So, is Aulani the only DVC property left open? I wonder how long that will last?

From their website -

"CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) TRAVEL ALERT
Aulani Resort is open. We are carefully monitoring the situation related to novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) and are in regular contact with health agencies for information and guidance. We continue to implement preventive measures in line with their recommendations and the input of our company’s medical teams."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom