Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

I am, but then again I can work from anywhere there's at least a 5MB/sec internet connection. I have to work so that folks can talk and surf.

I’m at my office. We were in meetings from 7am-9am with more to come I’m sure.
Everything just keeps changing, as soon as we think we figured something out, then it hits the fan again.
I think we’re all waiting to see what new announcements come today.

Kiddo’s school was supposed to attend today, then on Saturday we received an email saying they won’t be back... Parents and students have staggered times to meet with teachers today and receive packets and instructions for the next few weeks. The kids will skype every day with the teachers.
I’m more nervous for this school meeting than I am about work right now.. I just don’t see how this all is going to play out.
I put an advert out (with schoolmates and friends) to hire a babysitter/tutor for the daytime..: Hopefully someone responds, and doesn’t charge an arm & a leg.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was wondering about situations like this. If you’re not laid off, but told not to come to work, then is it even possible to get unemployment... or would you have to technically leave your job to get it?
The latter could seriously mess up people’s benefit packages.

During the last financial crisis the company I worked for had people take mandatory week long non-paid furloughs. We were able to collect unemployment for those weeks.

lazyboy97o

You do realize that even if you are stricken with this the vast majority of people experience mild to moderate symptoms. Many people may have already been infected and not even realize they had this.
The description of mild to moderate symptoms is somewhat misleading. It does not mean that approximately 80% have the sniffles for a few days and never realize they are sick. It is a wide range of severity where hospitalization is not required but still includes a lot of people getting very sick, including pneumonia.

Giss Neric

How many people here are working from home, or not working at all today?
Work from home. I'm in a line of work where we need to work constantly or else there would be backlog of work that would stack up if we don't accomplish it. Good thing all you need is fast internet and a laptop.

Isher

1. Did you click on the article? They are digging in a cemetery.

2. I don't mean to digress, but how did anyone take Covington out of context?

1. Which article? They are digging in a cemetery?! Who would do such a thing?! (sorry couldn’t help myself 😋)

2. Forget I asked anything.

Giss Neric

Always remember folks...

ETMn83DXQAIUZtU.jpeg

Chef Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom