Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member

"As the number of coronavirus cases in California rapidly escalates, Gov. Gavin Newsom is calling for all bars and restaurants in the state to close. Newsom is also asking all Californians age 65 and older and those with chronic conditions to isolate themselves at home.

"We are calling for the home isolation of all those 65 years or older and all those with chronic conditions," Newsom said.

He said all bars, wineries and brewpubs should be closed. Restaurants, he said, can remain open but to enforce social distancing, their permitted occupancy should be cut in half."

DisneyDebRob

Isher

I’ve read a few times on this thread that it’s possible to get reinfected with covid19. I can’t find anything to confirm that. Where are people finding that information?

ImperfectPixie

Today I saw a bunch of parents take their kids to a moon bounce birthday party.

I really feel like that kind of behavior is not helping things.

We need to do like Ireland who closed all pubs and parties:
That kind of behavior is ridiculous. I've been pleasantly surprised to see lots of memes about specifically avoiding kid play places in our town groups. They're full of "go against the flow" people, but that one bit made me feel a little better.

TeriofTerror

Illinois and Ohio just ordered all bars and restaurants to be closed for 2 weeks. S is about to get real, if it hasn’t already.
I missed where the Ohio shutdown was only for two weeks. Can you provide a link? My husband is a bartender, so this is a matter of some importance to me!

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Lot is not a country. Name them.

China, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan.

The US is at the bottom of the list of numbers of people tested. South Korea is testing 20,000+ people per day, while the US has tested approximately the same number of people in the last 2 months.

It's ridiculous how few people have been tested here. WHO offered test kits to the US in early February, but CDC wanted to make their own, then had multiple weeks of issues and delays to roll it out. Meanwhile, in countries like South Korea and Singapore they are taking aggressive measures by checking temperatures, providing masks, isolating the sick, etc.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think that's the big problem with testing. You either are going to infect all the patients and doctors at the testing location or get infected

VP and White House is having a press conference about testing as we speak. Expansion, prioritization, the program they are implementing. They mentioned not getting in the way of acute care by having it go through hospitals where others can be infected.

ImperfectPixie

"As the number of coronavirus cases in California rapidly escalates, Gov. Gavin Newsom is calling for all bars and restaurants in the state to close. Newsom is also asking all Californians age 65 and older and those with chronic conditions to isolate themselves at home.

"We are calling for the home isolation of all those 65 years or older and all those with chronic conditions," Newsom said.

He said all bars, wineries and brewpubs should be closed. Restaurants, he said, can remain open but to enforce social distancing, their permitted occupancy should be cut in half."
Boston just implemented 11pm close and 50% capacity for bars and restaurants.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think that's the big problem with testing. You either are going to infect all the patients and doctors at the testing location or get infected.

They have to do the mail in kits that Bill Gates is promoting.
The guy speaking right now is talking about moving all testing to remote locations outside of hospitals and doctors offices for for just that reason.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I think that's the big problem with testing. You either are going to infect all the patients and doctors at the testing location or get infected.

They have to do the mail in kits that Bill Gates is promoting.

They have been doing drive through testing in South Korea for weeks. Extremely efficient:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom