Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
From the Gastroenterology study
"
Digestive symptoms of COVID-19

Two laboratories from China recently reported that they “successfully” isolated live 2019-nCoV from patients’ stool, according to Gu and colleagues.

Before respiratory symptoms, many patients with COVID-19 had diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal discomfort, according to Gu and colleagues.

“Surprisingly, recent single-cell RNA sequencing data from two independent cohorts revealed a significant enrichment of ACE2 expression in cholangiocytes (59.7% of cells) instead of hepatocytes (2.6% of cells) suggesting that 2019-nCoV might lead to direct damage of intrahepatic bile ducts,” the researchers wrote. “Altogether, many efforts should be made to be alert on the initial digestive symptoms of COVID-19 for early detection, early diagnosis, early isolation and early intervention.”

The more you know......
Someone should alert the CDC and every medical center since nobody is listing that as a symptom.

JoeCamel

Someone should alert the CDC and every medical center since nobody is listing that as a symptom.

A lot they don't know or are not telling. Looks like you can still be a carrier after you recover

Here is one take on that indication

"Genomic material comes from virus, of course, but it does not indicate that infectious virus is present," Perlman said, adding that a positive test means that virus or was present a day or two before. "Certainly [RT-PCR] is useful diagnostically; it is less useful for telling us whether someone is contagious." He was not involved in the study.

Piebald

I haven’t read all 60 pages so maybe this was covered already, but did Disney tell CMs what the plan is for people who need to be quarantined? Do they have to take 14 days off without pay or are they making an exception for this? I assume a lot of CMs can’t work from home unless they have an administrative type job. The company I work for has already decided to allow workers who are infected to stay home from work without using PTO days. They are encouraging people to work from home if possible but it’s different for retail, hospitality and food service workers. Tough situation.
Not a CM but am local and have not heard anything. I was told OUC (Orlando utilities) was told to work from home, and my company implemented a self quarantine and we also have the possibility of all working from home.

Lirael

Now thinking about it, I'm assuming even if attendance dips now, Disney will likely not release any discounts anytime soon since it might not want to look like it's encouraging crowds.

Hopefully I'm wrong

DisneyCane

the news just gets worse...

That isn't "news," that is regurgitating already known information and combining it with the leak of a "guess" someone made a few weeks ago with less data available. Then they spin it to sound as bad as possible by contrasting it with President Trump's statement that the risk right now is low. That's how you spin something to make it look like the government is hiding something.

Even calling it a leak is spin as if it was some secret meeting in a CDC bunker somewhere.

davis_unoxx

Now thinking about it, I'm assuming even if attendance dips now, Disney will likely not release any discounts anytime soon since it might not want to look like it's encouraging crowds.

Hopefully I'm wrong
I bet they’ll release discounts... they like to
Keep their rooms full

mf1972

meanwhile in galaxy’s edge....
39125B09-41FD-479A-BBDA-AF99C41EB854.jpeg

MrHappy

@lentesta
Curious, I got an alert about crowd levels soaring up to the 9s and 10s next week. Up from 8s and 9s generally. What would attribute this jump to? I would imagine the virus scare would result in diminished crowds. I'm planning on going next week, so this insight would be helpful.

Chef Mickey

the news just gets worse...

That’s not news. It’s more like one kind of paranoid doctor who wants to make a name for himself with a crazy prediction.

He’s predicting 1/3 of all Americans will be infected despite there currently being around 300 cases. That’s quite the jump and a complete speculative guess.

This is one of the problems with social media today. Some nut throws something out there and it’s immediately spread around like it’s fact or likely to happen. This is neither of those and really isn’t based on any kind of fact or reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom