Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm rather confused. It sounded like you had issues with the FL schools and what happened with their own mandates. Do you agree being removed of funding is not great just for that?

Also schools can indeed make mandates here that will matter. Kids cannot vaccinate and while some are not concerned others are. The masks help keep their kids in school more too.

I'm not talking any other mandates other than what happened there. It wasn't the mandate that sucked, it was what happened because of it.
I have stated previously that I would like to see an opt out policy. But again. I really don’t care about these policies because they don’t get us where we need to be. Too much energy, and political energy, wasted on them.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
So mandate kids who do not have a vaccine to vaccinate? I'm honestly lost with your line of thinking right tnow.
If you want to talk about masks, I have said before that if school districts want to have masks, they should allow students who don’t want to wear one to opt out. I think this policy exists in some schools.

correcaminos

Because it’s wasting time on nonsense that won’t rid us rid of the virus. It’s incredibly frustrating.
Yeah still spinning here - giving money back to schools that was taken has nothing to do with "wasting time" Kids cannot be vaccinated so sorry to say mandates are about all we have until they can. But even if you don't agree - and I think you really don't think kids are a worry - this still had zero to do with funding stripped. So hence the spin.

If you want to talk about masks, I have said before that if school districts want to have masks, they should allow students who don’t want to wear one to opt out. I think this policy exists in some schools.
yeah I'm out too. Have a good night.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Kids cannot be vaccinated so sorry to say mandates are about all we have until they can.
Kids under 12 wouldn’t have to be vaccinated if everyone else was required to get one. And vaccinating these kids (the ones that have parents that allow them to do so) eventually won’t matter if not enough adults get it.

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

I clipped this from a Google search:

In 1970, the U.S. Post Office Department became the U.S. Postal Service, a government owned corporation. Postal employees, who were Federal employees up to that point became employees of the USPS. They were no longer Federal employees, though they are often treated as such, and since the USPS is still controlled by the Federal government, the Congress still controls much of what they do, such as their pay—to some extent negotiated by employee unions. So they often are seen as Federal employees, but in fact, they are not. They are certainly held to Federal law regulating the USPS, but not in the same way as, say, a Treasury or DHS employee.
You didn’t have to clip it, just ask me.😃

Nubs70

I wonder, for how many private businesses, is weekly testing even feasible and/or practical. And who covers that cost (do the feds)? I imagine the argument from some businesses will be there is only one choice available.

Payment for Personal Protective Equipment​

Many Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards require employers to provide personal protective equipment, when it is necessary to protect employees from job-related injuries, illnesses, and fatalities. With few exceptions, OSHA requires employers to pay for personal protective equipment when it is used to comply with OSHA standards. These typically include: hard hats, gloves, goggles, safety shoes, safety glasses, welding helmets and goggles, face shields, chemical protective equipment and fall protection equipment

ArmoredRodent

Has anyone in the last year and a half started with their first post on this topic and became subsequently a legitimate community member elsewhere? I doubt it.
Well, assuming I understand what you're asking, like The Mrs. I don't qualify on that metric. I joined this Board in April (though I've been posting on other boards since rec.arts.disney.parks), and I'd like to think that I'm "legitimate ... elsewhere" because I've added a little something now and then. My first post recently was on availability of hotel rooms. My first post on this thread was #81,220, and I've been active on specific constitutional law and judicial branch topics.

I don't post a lot on other threads either. Here's one post I put on TonyStark's recent trip report (Hurry back #167):

Did you notice the Disney Princess cloud to the left in the pic of the castle? Very appropriate next to the castle.
1630884909598.png

But I too was a bit suspicious about a person who joined today and already had 13 messages. As was mentioned, most new posters are tentative and not combative. Few would say: "I wouldn't want to meet you." Those who do are unlikely to add to a conversation like this one with a big emphasis on data and updates. Benefit of the doubt, yes, but eyes open as well. Still, I've posted in this thread (#85,362) that there's value in hearing the other side, especially, like me, you have to answer those concerns at some point IRL.

Last edited:

MrHappy

I’m a human, yet after 20yrs this is my first fb post:

My 75 year old vaccinated with diabetes mother was cruising along and miraculously navigating through these COVID times. Until. She wasn’t.

She went to a family party with unvaccinated people (I call them people just to be polite). Their breath contained an incredible amount of coronavirus, their tainted breath was unexpectedly and unknowingly inhaled by my mother, despite her taking minimal precautions - relying on family. Big mistake.

Sadly, my mom was only there because of her love to see the heavenly glow of a newborn baby. Turns out, she feels like she’s in hell now.

1 day later her legs felt like jelly, she crumbled and cracked to the floor, a day later she had a temp of 103. And a day after that, diagnosed with COVID.

She is tough, and strong and ready for battle. Another unfortunate piece of irony, she was just weeks away from her COVID booster.

If you’re reading this. You SHOULD know what you did. And I’m not happy. I’m not happy with those who do not get vaccinated. Especially unhappy with those in their lives who choose to be around others that are at risk. Even more unhappy with their enablers. Parents. The uneducated who declined the vaccine.

My mom will battle. My Dad, the perfect companion with the biggest heart, will be there with her, and probably be next with symptoms in the next few days.

They will battle this thing together 
and with me.

I encourage those who are hesitant or afraid of the COVID vaccine to call me. Everyday. I don’t do social. So call me. You know who you are. I’m looking forward to educating you. Until then, keep your away from my parents.

The Mrs

My 75 year old vaccinated with diabetes mother was cruising along and miraculously navigating through these COVID times. Until. She wasn’t.

She went to a family party with unvaccinated people (I call them people just to be polite). Their breath contained an incredible amount of coronavirus, their tainted breath was unexpectedly and unknowingly inhaled by my mother, despite her taking minimal precautions - relying on family. Big mistake.

Sadly, my mom was only there because of her love to see the heavenly glow of a newborn baby. Turns out, she feels like she’s in hell now.

1 day later her legs felt like jelly, she crumbled and cracked to the floor, a day later she had a temp of 103. And a day after that, diagnosed with COVID.

She is tough, and strong and ready for battle. Another unfortunate piece of irony, she was just weeks away from her COVID booster.

If you’re reading this. You SHOULD know what you did. And I’m not happy. I’m not happy with those who do not get vaccinated. Especially unhappy with those in their lives who choose to be around others that are at risk. Even more unhappy with their enablers. Parents. The uneducated who declined the vaccine.

My mom will battle. My Dad, the perfect companion with the biggest heart, will be there with her, and probably be next with symptoms in the next few days.

and with me.

I encourage those who are hesitant or afraid of the COVID vaccine to call me. Everyday. I don’t do social. So call me. You know who you are. I’m looking forward to educating you. Until then, keep your *** away from my parents.
@MrHappy , my sincerest well wishes to your mother, as well as your father, yourself, and the dear newborn. I'm so sorry this happened and I'm glad that your mother is strong.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes. I was so glad she talked with me today because we both are in the same boat. My Dr has told me I am not to get the vaccine because of a reaction from another injection that put me in the hospital.
1. Is your doctor a medical doctor board certified?

2. It's pretty hard to find "another injection" which has the same ingredients as the current vaccine. Which makes this claim awfully suspicious, or, it casts doubt on the competency of that doctor. Get a second opinion.

3. No one since the trials over a year ago has died from a "reaction" (i.e., an allergic reaction to the ingredients in the vaccine). That is why they make you wait 15 minutes to observe you after you get the shot. If you start to have an allergic reaction, they are there with epinephrine (an 'epi pen') to stop the reaction. The very few instances in which that has happened turned out OK.

4. If you're really worried about a reaction, you can get the shot in a hospital so that you can get immediate urgent care.

5. The reaction is nothing compared to being hospitalized or dying from COVID. Where's the fear from a deadly virus? Why isn't that more fearful then a vaccine that no one's dying from?

With regard to your friend who has a specific fear of a temporarily inflamed heart: As mention above, COVID causes inflamed hearts, to. Even permanently damages hearts. Even stops hearts.

Also, the temporarily inflamed heart is usually found in young men. Is your friend a young man?

Tony the Tigger

and with me.

I encourage those who are hesitant or afraid of the COVID vaccine to call me. Everyday. I don’t do social. So call me. You know who you are. I’m looking forward to educating you. Until then, keep your *** away from my parents.

I hope your mom (and if applicable, your dad) recover quickly.

I’d be upset with the family as well. They were careless.

hopemax

Well, assuming I understand what you're asking, like The Mrs. I don't qualify on that metric. I joined this Board in April (though I've been posting on other boards since rec.arts.disney.parks),
Wait! Do I know of you? rec.arts.disney.parks was my first internet home back in 1996-2000ish. Used to do mIRC chat with all the RADP old timers as well. Ugh, I'm old.

And thank you for your legal perspective. It amazes me sometimes, the knowledge that can be gained from places like WDW Magic when you don't expect it.

Wendy Pleakley

My friend is truly afraid and I was told not to get it. I was glad that she finally felt comfortable to talk about it.

If you truly cannot get the vaccine (but seriously get a second opinion if you haven't), and your friend is merely fearful, you're in a position to influence her.

Her lack of vaccination contributes to you not being safe and might even mean you can't see her until things change.

You may be in a position where you can influence her in a supportive way.

Figgy1

Premium Member

and with me.

Prayers for a speedy recovery

Incomudro

Fair enough. My problem isn’t with the vaccine. It’s with the mandate.

If someone told me- “Here, take two shots and protect yourself”. Okay. Seems reasonable

But if somebody is telling me “Hey, take a few shots - cause I’m going to force you to”. My first response. Ok. Well, my second response would be “Okay, how many?” To which the reply right now is - “not sure”.
A sizable portion of the people who are not vaccinated have not done so because they do not trust the government, and do not want to put something into their bodies that a government they do not trust tells them to.
They view such government actions as authoritarian.
The government responds by enacting authoritarian measures.
This is not the way to win converts.

Incomudro

and with me.

A person in her physical condition goes to such a party, and now you blame the other people at the party?
Sorry.
Someone in that physical condition, during these times - should not have attended such a party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom