Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Downward trends are all well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that enough people still aren't vaccinated.

Which means there will continue to be opportunity for new variants to take hold and new waves of COVID to occur.
I don’t disagree with this, but when we see hospitals nearing capacity in some places a downward trend is a very welcome sign for sure. I’m not saying covid is over, just that FL has hopefully peaked and things may begin to improve some for the hospitals and their staff.

Touchdown

For the National picture I agree 100%. For FL their 7 day average started trending down a week before the holiday weekend so I would hope that actually continues down, the holiday weekend may have exaggerated the fall. Nationally we didn’t see that downturn until recently which could be wiped out in the next few days.
The key is going to be comparing this weeks Tues-Fri numbers with last week. If they continue to downtrend then great, probably real. If not, it’s fake.

Also, got to remember that we may be in for a post holiday gathering spike in 2 weeks as well.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
US cases, one week trend...
1631048353724.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The key is going to be comparing this weeks Tues-Fri numbers with last week. If they continue to downtrend then great, probably real. If not, it’s fake.

Also, got to remember that we may be in for a post holiday gathering spike in 2 weeks as well.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a bump reported tomorrow and/or the next day to make up for the lack of testing over the holiday weekend and potentially lack of reporting. That’s why I look at the 7 day averages.

Ayla

College football also kicked off this last weekend and college students are all back to school.

LaughingGravy

I just had a cussion with a friend who is not vaccinated. Her feeling is that her and husband had Covid so why should I (her) get vaccinated. She feels she should be tested for anti bodies and if showing good then there is no need for shot. I just listen. Her husband is paying $200 a month for not getting vaccinated.
I know someone who had the same thought...at least for a little while.
$2400 buys a lot of ...lots of things.
"Hon...why is the deposit so much less?"

There seem to be a lot of feelings and beliefs that don't necessarily jibe with reality and practicality regarding Covid.

I would love to see a renovation of the CoP where they talk about that Jonas Salk and Albert Sabin and how we're now using old Uncle Orville's iron lung as a robot costume for Halloween this year in Act 3.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

I know someone who had the same thought...at least for a little while.
$2400 buys a lot of ...lots of things.
"Hon...why is the deposit so much less?"

There seem to be a lot of feelings and beliefs that don't necessarily jibe with reality and practicality regarding Covid.

I would love to see a renovation of the CoP where they talk about that Jonas Salk and Albert Sabin and how we're now using old Uncle Orville's iron lung as a robot costume for Halloween this year in Act 3.
Sounds like a job for SSE

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I almost wish they wouldn't use the orange shading to indicate where they are, as it only shows 1 dose. Obviously many could be J&J, 1 and done, jabs, but it would be more telling to show fully vaccinated status vs 1 dose.
Fully vaccinated is what matters for protection (especially vs delta) but at least one dose gives you a good idea on vaccine hesitancy and who still needs to go. The US just hit 75% of adults with at least 1 dose meaning we are down to 25% of adults who are in the vaccine hesitant camp (some hesitant for legit medical reasons). We still need all the people with 1 dose of Pfizer or Moderna to finish their series for full protection.

Reactions: ABQ

ABQ

Fully vaccinated is what matters for protection (especially vs delta) but at least one dose gives you a good idea on vaccine hesitancy and who still needs to go. The US just hit 75% of adults with at least 1 dose meaning we are down to 25% of adults who are in the vaccine hesitant camp (some hesitant for legit medical reasons). We still need all the people with 1 dose of Pfizer or Moderna to finish their series for full protection.
I agree, but it's misleading due to the unknown piece of the equation that leads to the image. How many first doses are J&J first and final doses and how many are Pfizer or Moderna? Can't really use it to figure out hesitancy unless they carve out how many were first doses of two which are well passed their second shot window.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
While numbers look somewhat encouraging over the past few days, this is never a great sign.

Is COVID-19 pandemic WILL be longer for many many years to come?

I guess federal transportation will keep mask mandate for many years for this.......

As we will NEVER get back to normal as the millions of people will die as the world will ending very soon....

Mask mandate along with social distancing will be longer FOREVER....

No one will stop the pandemic for good. @GoofGoof

This COVID-19 problems will be forever for years to come.

As this is going to be pain our butts for rest for our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom