Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneygeek90

Just got back from a quick three-night getaway and I have to say I desperately hope that Disney isn't planning on leaving the plexiglass dividers in the switchback queues up permanently. They look absolutely horrible. Bad show, and they're so inconsistent with them that I wonder what the point is.
I don’t think they’re permanent but with case numbers how they are I don’t think they’re necessarily in a rush to remove. If cases were still how they were in June it may be a different story. Personally, I don’t mind them and I’m just happy they’ve been removed from ride vehicles.

CaptainAmerica

I don’t think they’re permanent but with case numbers how they are I don’t think they’re necessarily in a rush to remove. If cases were still how they were in June it may be a different story. Personally, I don’t mind them and I’m just happy they’ve been removed from ride vehicles.
Except they don't help, even in theory. It's theater. The worst offender is Living With the Land, which is extraordinarily claustrophobic and the threaded bolts they have holding the shields to the railing are sharp-bordering-on-dangerous.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree on all points. They aren’t going anywhere any time soon. I also didn’t mind them and it actually eliminated the issue of kids climbing and sitting on the rails in the lines.

CaptainAmerica

I agree on all points. They aren’t going anywhere any time soon. I also didn’t mind them and it actually eliminated the issue of kids climbing and sitting on the rails in the lines.
When was the last time you were in the parks? They're completely falling apart. They're no longer vertical, they're warped and bent and scratched and scraped and beat to hell, and they're held together with industrial-grade hardware that doesn't belong anywhere near guests on stage.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
When was the last time you were in the parks? They're completely falling apart. They're no longer vertical, they're warped and bent and scratched and scraped and beat to hell, and they're held together with industrial-grade hardware that doesn't belong anywhere near guests on stage.
I got back August 29. They didn’t bother me much at all. Of course the lines were almost non-existent the whole time we were there so we didn’t wait long in any queues. I didn’t see any that were falling apart.

lazyboy97o

Sure you can. It’s available at most major pharmacy chains for free.
This is a great example of how liars can so easily pivot from one lie to another. The new lie is some variation on the vaccine that is currently available is not the approved Comirnaty, either because doses manufactured before approval don’t count, lack of branding on vials you never see means it doesn’t count, or even that they are two completely separate things with Comirnaty not even yet in existence.

DisneyDebRob

This is a great example of how liars can so easily pivot from one lie to another. The new lie is some variation on the vaccine that is currently available is not the approved Comirnaty, either because doses manufactured before approval don’t count, lack of branding on vials you never see means it doesn’t count, or even that they are two completely separate things with Comirnaty not even yet in existence.
It’s a poster with a total of 3 posts..one anti-vax post.. one telling someone it’s great that they are staying home and canceling their Disney trip because they don’t feel safe and one saying it’s emergency approved and they will pass. Here we go again. Wonder who this one is.

TrainsOfDisney

Just a heads up I heard there were meetings going on about making Masks indoor optional again by next week. Just in time for the 50th. It could be loose scuttle and hopes.
As I’ve traveled again I believe we as a country have to decide if masks help or not. Period. There is way too much division over this nation wide imho.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I didn’t even know this was a thing now. What exactly did the FDA approve if not the Pfizer vaccine that was under EUA. Are people that dumb or just playing games? God help this country.

celluloid

As I’ve traveled again I believe we as a country have to decide if masks help or not. Period. There is way too much division over this nation wide imho.

I don't even think it is a debate as far as the company's choice. I think it is just once they feel the vaccinated within their company are within their best efforts as it will hit the required time for all CMs to be done. Their hope would be if the data shows good news again of course. Again, could just be scuttle. But they want the balance too and are hoping they can.

lazyboy97o

It’s a poster with a total of 3 posts..one anti-vax post.. one telling someone it’s great that they are staying home and canceling their Disney trip because they don’t feel safe and one saying it’s emergency approved and they will pass. Here we go again. Wonder who this one is.
And it’s one of these weird banked sock puppets too. The account is over a decade old. I just really want to know who sat down and created all of these accounts across weird platforms like Disney message boards and held onto them for years for the purpose of one day posting bunk.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
As I was emphasizing amid the booster hype train...

The Biden administration will only offer Covid-19 booster shots once federal health regulators offer their support, the White House chief of staff said on Sunday, reiterating a pledge from administration officials.​
“I want to be absolutely clear,” Ron Klain, the chief of staff, said on CNN’s “State of the Union” news program. “No one’s going to get boosters until the F.D.A. says they’re approved, until the C.D.C. advisory committee makes a recommendation.”
The pledge followed a report on Friday by The New York Times that top federal health officials had told the White House to scale back the planned booster campaign, arguing that regulators needed more time to collect and review all the necessary data.​
In August, the Biden administration announced a plan to start offering boosters the week of Sept. 20 to adults who had received their second shot of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine at least eight months earlier. In making the announcement, the administration said the plan was contingent on clearance from the Food and Drug Administration and recommendations from a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advisory committee.​
Some health experts have argued that before starting a booster program, the administration should push first to reach more unvaccinated Americans who have been stricken hardest by the highly contagious Delta variant in both hospitalizations and deaths.​
Regulators are just beginning to review critical data that will help them determine how to proceed on the issue of boosters. Pfizer finished its booster application to the F.D.A. less than two weeks ago, and Moderna said on Friday that it had just completed its own.​
Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on the CBS news program “Face the Nation” on Sunday that it was possible that only the Pfizer-BioNTech booster would be approved by Sept. 20. But he said that any delay in clearing the Moderna booster would be only a few weeks at most.​
The F.D.A. has already authorized a third dose of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for people who are immuno-compromised.​
I'm scared about this Winter now....

BrianLo

And it’s one of these weird banked sock puppets too. The account is over a decade old. I just really want to know who sat down and created all of these accounts across weird platforms like Disney message boards and held onto them for years for the purpose of one day posting bunk.

THAT's the thing that confuses me too. These accounts are quite old, before a time when people would even have keychain or something retaining their accounts for them. I realize this is kind of a legacy website and someone might have AN older alter ego... but these are unused. Usually if someone is banned they pop up with a new account, not an old one.

I'm super impressed, but at the same time wonder if this is all the same person. I doubt multiple people would be insane enough to do this. Which means we clearly all know one of their more mainly utilized accounts. They are also a legacy account holder AND still must be active.

I smell another medium article. 😄

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The pain relief from chiropractic manipulation generally doesn't last, if it gives the patient at least some temporary relief and keeps them off opiates, that's a good thing in my book.
Any placebo will have people reporting a 20% decrease in perceived pain.

The fascinating thing is that you don't need the placebo to be fancy and convincing like a supposed degree in chiropracty that mimics a real scientific medical degree with all the trappings of a doctors office and bodily manipulation that outperforms a snake oils salesman's pitch or a shamanistic fire dance.

The placebo effect works even when the recipient knows it's a placebo.

Just get a relaxing message advertising it reduces pain. Which it does. Since placebos reduce pain.

You get a pleasant message out of it, too.

Kevin_W

On the themepark front, we went to Cedar Point this weekend to enjoy the lovely weather. We went last summer as well and it was interesting to see how things have changed in a year. Last summer: temperature checks to get in the park, spacing lines in queues, lower capacity, mandatory masks. This year: no indoor shows but everything else as normal.

I would say ~1% of people were wearing masks. Given that our state has 59% of adults fully vaccinated, that's likely a whole bunch of unvaccinated people standing next to each other in line for an hour at a time. Let's hope they were all healthy.

correcaminos

I didn’t even know this was a thing now. What exactly did the FDA approve if not the Pfizer vaccine that was under EUA. Are people that dumb or just playing games? God help this country.
yep, someone tried to tell me that it's still all experimental and what we are getting is not what is approved or even tested. So they are testing it on people currently. Or something weird like that.

Lilofan

I'm scared about this Winter now....
We are lining up our flu shots appts in mid October to prep for winter / early spring. Some things we do also on a regular basis is check/ replace air filters in our home and cabin air filter in our cars. Breathing in with a dirty air filter can get you sick and makes the unit with the filter even work harder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom