Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patcheslee

It's not a good idea to let a COVID positive person work, but I am not sure there is any actual law against it.
If this is the same delivery person that comes into my job, he would have been required to undergo screening questions including if they had tested positive for covid in the last 14days. If he lied to gain entry it could cost that company business.

Animaniac93-98

California Grill in WDW payed something like $4/hr when open ( off hours was $15/hr). Servers are assumed to be getting tips. Servers I talked to said they dreaded Canadian customers because many assumed that tipping was not really needed, just like in Canada.

Did you mean UK?

In Canada tipping is expected. Severs make less than minimum wage, though not as significantly compared to many parts of the USA.

mf1972

“ God is separating the sheep’s from the goats”.
🤦🤦🤦
A friend just sent me this.. he saw it on YouTube. This is what we are up against people. How do we tell them it’s ok? Ugh

i’ll admit being at a loss of words after watching that, but i’m at the point where nothing surprises me anymore. i’ve also just read Gov Abbott of Texas signed an executive order today banning vaccine mandates regardless of FDA approved status.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
i’ve also just read Gov Abbott of Texas signed an executive order today banning vaccine mandates regardless of FDA approved status.
Mandates by any government entity to be a bit more specific. And it’s a restatement of a previous order.

without getting too political he also added an agenda item to the legislature to determine whether mandates should or should not occur. And the scope, etc.

He said, “Vaccine requirements and exemptions have historically been determined by the legislature, and their involvement is particularly important to avoid a patchwork of vaccine mandates across Texas,”

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Mandates by any government entity to be a bit more specific. And it’s a restatement of a previous order.

without getting too political he also added an agenda item to the legislature to determine whether mandates should or should not occur. And the scope, etc.

He said, “Vaccine requirements and exemptions have historically been determined by the legislature, and their involvement is particularly important to avoid a patchwork of vaccine mandates across Texas,”
Sounds like he wants to pass the buck/focus

mikejs78

Premium Member

These governors think they are propping up the economy and fighting for individual rights, yet by their actions they are prolonging the pandemic and preventing the economy from recovering. Just look at the recent extremely low crowds at WDW.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Sounds like he wants to pass the buck/focus
These governors think they are propping up the economy and fighting for individual rights, yet by their actions they are prolonging the pandemic and preventing the economy from recovering. Just look at the recent extremely low crowds at WDW.
If you say so. Again. Don’t want to get too political. Just wanted to share additional context.

Virtual Toad

From the CDC re: COVID positive cases and employees:

(edited to add the CDC guidance on what to do if you test positive is pretty clear, but again no laws I could find against going to work):

• Stay home. Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and can recover at home without medical care. Do not leave your home, except to get medical care. Do not visit public areas.
Another CDC document addresses workplace spread:
  • Potentially exposed employees who have symptoms of COVID-19 should self-isolate and follow CDC recommended steps.
  • Potentially exposed employees who do not have symptoms should remain at home or in a comparable setting and practice social distancing for 14 days.
The document does go on to say “critical infrastructure” employees may be able to continue to go to work if they are symptom free and take precautions. No uniform legal standards that I could find and I’m sure many in our economy might feel they had no choice but to come to work, even if positive, if there was no paid time off. Another facet of the pandemic where the virus has a chance to spread absent a targeted policy response.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom