Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanbreeze77

Again I say...where are the preventative measures!?! Okay masks are a good thing, but if these are truly the worst numbers since the start, maybe we need to scale back again... And again, I agree, vaccinated people shouldnt have to suffer because of unvaxxed people, but my god, people are dying.

zapple

Here is a short documentary called “One woman’s mission to get vaccines to her rural Alabama town”. It should shed some light on the difficulties of getting shots to poor, rural communities and explain why some areas still have low vaccination rates. I have so much respect for this lady.

Kevin_W

Okay masks are a good thing, but if these are truly the worst numbers since the start, maybe we need to scale back again... And again, I agree, vaccinated people shouldnt have to suffer because of unvaxxed people, but my god, people are dying.

Some slight good news in my state is that at least deaths have not followed the trend of cases/hospitalizations. Through all the (5?) waves, hospitalizations have tracked cases pretty closely. But for the last 2 waves, deaths have fallen way off. I would guess that has to do with vaccinations.

1629917598647.png

Attachments

• 1629917550837.png
    1629917550837.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 39

matt9112

I’m confused. What do you mean by “had”? As soon as I can find an affordable apartment, I’ll let you know.

I mean had been growing than there was massive flight from the city. The draw of an urban environment is the massive selection of stores and restaurants and the like. When those l closed in droves there was alot less of a reason to stay. Funny thing is rent hasn't changed. Lol landlords still want all that money for spaces on empty blocks.

correcaminos

I agree, but I also think the employment pool will be more saturated once unemployment does runout, and that includes a large chunk of people who are vaxxed, and willing to abide by the mandates.
Again, in many states it *has* run out - at least the extra I assume you are speaking of. For us it's been a couple months or so at least. People still are not running back.

Heppenheimer

Some slight good news in my state is that at least deaths have not followed the trend of cases/hospitalizations. Through all the (5?) waves, hospitalizations have tracked cases pretty closely. But for the last 2 waves, deaths have fallen way off. I would guess that has to do with vaccinations.

View attachment 582253
If the age of those being hospitalized skews younger, deaths shouldn't be as high as in previous waves. That's at least one small silver lining in this current mess.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Florida reported 26,203 more COVID-19 cases to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Wednesday, according to Herald calculations of CDC data.

The state also reported nine new deaths the day before. In all, Florida has recorded at least 3,130,144 confirmed COVID cases statewide and 42,731 deaths.

There were 17,164 people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida on Wednesday, according to data reported to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services from 233 Florida hospitals. That is 76 more patients than Tuesday’s COVID patient population.

COVID-19 patients also accounted for 30.85% of all hospital patients.

Of the hospitalized in Florida, 3,634 people were in intensive care unit beds, an increase of 77. That represents 53.91% of the state’s ICU hospital beds from 233 hospitals reporting data."

Polkadotdress

Honestly, we've known about the impact of delta long enough for schools to have developed an online program. It took 2 weeks for the original shut down to develop one, we had 1.5 months before school started this summer. I am bothered when I read some articles saying schools are scrambling to get online programs going again.
Here in FL, virtual was not an option, per the Governor. It is only “full speed ahead”, since, you know, the pandemic is over and this is merely a “seasonal wave”.

That being the case, when our K-8 closed yesterday, there was a huge scramble to transfer everything online. Many students won’t even have access to “class” since they don’t have a computer.

oceanbreeze77

Here in FL, virtual was not an option, per the Governor. It is only “full speed ahead”, since, you know, the pandemic is over and this is merely a “seasonal wave”.

That being the case, when our K-8 closed yesterday, there was a huge scramble to transfer everything online. Many students won’t even have access to “class” since they don’t have a computer.
I'm glad to see school districts starting to take charge of their area of expertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom