Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I mean they have to prop up revenue somehow. People have long been leaving both of those states. Its only increased with rona. Its sad to see how NYC is right now but its not a mystery as to why.

NYC's population has been growing.

disneygeek90

Orange County schools have their own covid dashboard, and it's not great.
OC.PNG

Last edited:

Kevin_W

No trial for me. I lined up my Moderna booster last Sat. For a day after the shot was headaches , arm ache and a little fatigue.After the second Moderna shot, was tough with flu like symptoms , fever , aches in bed for a whole day. I like the fact that the only way I got get my CDC card filled out by the pharmacist for the booster shot and handed back to me was I had to sit for 15 min observation monitored by an egg timer.

Do you know if the dosage was the same as the 2nd shot? I had read that Pfizer was doing the same dosage, but that Moderna was planning on 1/2 the 2nd shot dosage.

Lilofan

Do you know if the dosage was the same as the 2nd shot? I had read that Pfizer was doing the same dosage, but that Moderna was planning on 1/2 the 2nd shot dosage.
Yes the pharmacist told me when I asked, the third shot booster for Moderna is the same dosage as the second.

Kevin_W

Yes the pharmacist told me when I asked, the third shot booster for Moderna is the same dosage as the second.

Thanks. I was hoping for a lower dose (the article I read that talked about a 1/2 dose specifically said it still provoked a good immune response with less side effects). The day after the 2nd dose was not particularly fun for anyone in my family; if boosters end up being needed I'd prefer not to repeat that.

lazyboy97o

Here in NJ, you can get away with paying a server $3.13 per hour because of the possibility of making it up (or more!) in tips.
Gee, why would they have a problem filling that position? General public, attitudes, exposure risk, no tip? Hmmm...
Employers are only allowed to pay the lower wage if the difference between the lower wage and minimum wage is made up in tips. It is illegal for someone to only get the $3.13 and no tips.

correcaminos

For any of you (I think @helenabear is one) who is part of the 3rd dose trial, how were the side effects of the 3rd dose compared to the 2nd? My mom (who would be booster eligible at the beginning of October) is worried because she had a pretty bad reaction to Pfizer dose #2 (severe chills and rapid heart rate).
Yes, I am part of the trial. So had dose 3 a month or so ago. First shot for me took about 4 hours for arm pain to set in. That was pretty much all I had. 2nd dose took less than an hour and that's all I had was arm pain. I felt a hint warm but didn't register a temp more than a degree above usual. I do get warm with anxiety - less than a degree rise - so I cannot say what it was. 3rd dose was like the 1st in terms of how long it took to set in. I had read very little and I think I posted a link that I found after but 88% say that 3rd shot is same or less as 2nd shot. Some immune compromised are seeing more. I need to check with my sibling who is but they didn't remark that it was bad for them to anyone so I am guessing not. I do have a friend who said 3rd was worse than 2nd but 2nd wasn't bad anyway.

drizgirl

Thanks. I was hoping for a lower dose (the article I read that talked about a 1/2 dose specifically said it still provoked a good immune response with less side effects). The day after the 2nd dose was not particularly fun for anyone in my family; if boosters end up being needed I'd prefer not to repeat that.
Same. And it's why I'm waiting for the official go ahead to get my booster.

correcaminos

That's something they are doing in a trial like Pfizer is doing different variant boosters. Not meant to be what people are getting now as that is not out of trial yet.

I got the second shot (Pfizer study here). Of course, I don't know for sure if I got the real thing or the placebo, but I'd be shocked if it was the placebo, given that my reaction (sore arm, chills, tired feeling, bit of a headache) was identical to when I received the second dose (and was gone within 48
When were you called back for one? I remember getting called before you did which is weird as I am pretty sure you were dosed long before me on the first trial.

Granted I don't know either, but to be honest, given arm pain there is no way that it was placebo. The trial I am with said "we know you'll figure it out" and didn't even make it a big deal knowing we would. Apparently, the trial gets that we will figure it out though we all follow protocols. Sorry yours was as bad as the 2nd. Mine was a bit closer to my 1st as in I had a few hours before I couldn't reach for stuff in the kitchen without pain ;)

mmascari

The current 3rd dose is more of a redo for people than a general booster. It makes sense to be the same dose, since it's redoing one that didn't get a proper reaction.

By the time we get to October, the recommendation for a general third shot after 8 months could be different. Might be the same too. We'll find out when we get there.

LaughingGravy

Well, I have been pulling back a bit… Looks like there’s still room for 1/8th improvement. ;)
What gets me is I don't send the relatives anything...I just get mysterious links to things on known questionable networks asking me to ponder or (gasp!) Comment with my thoughts. I ignore them most if the time based on the obvious baiting subject in the link, but wow.
They never seem to send me anything Disney Park related, though they know I'm a huge fan, lol.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
That's something they are doing in a trial like Pfizer is doing different variant boosters. Not meant to be what people are getting now as that is not out of trial yet.

When were you called back for one? I remember getting called before you did which is weird as I am pretty sure you were dosed long before me on the first trial.

Granted I don't know either, but to be honest, given arm pain there is no way that it was placebo. The trial I am with said "we know you'll figure it out" and didn't even make it a big deal knowing we would. Apparently, the trial gets that we will figure it out though we all follow protocols. Sorry yours was as bad as the 2nd. Mine was a bit closer to my 1st as in I had a few hours before I couldn't reach for stuff in the kitchen without pain ;)
I received the third shot on August 5, so I'm almost three weeks into it. And yeah...after receiving the real shot once before, it's not hard to figure out if you got the real thing or the placebo, unless my mind just convinced myself I was having these side effects when I wasn't!

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
What gets me is I don't send the relatives anything...I just get mysterious links to things on known questionable networks asking me to ponder or (gasp!) Comment with my thoughts. I ignore them most if the time based on the obvious baiting subject in the link, but wow.
They never seem to send me anything Disney Park related, though they know I'm a huge fan, lol.
Oh yes, the links. It’s a nice way of quickly referencing the nutrition labels for the poison they’re drinking.

LaughingGravy

Employers are only allowed to pay the lower wage if the difference between the lower wage and minimum wage is made up in tips. It is illegal for someone to only get the $3.13 and no tips.
Yes, but especially in these times, one has to majorly work their tail off to make above min wage and then how much more over, with all the extra baggage?

correcaminos

I received the third shot on August 5, so I'm almost three weeks into it. And yeah...after receiving the real shot once before, it's not hard to figure out if you got the real thing or the placebo, unless my mind just convinced myself I was having these side effects when I wasn't!
Cool! I'm over a month now but from what I'm reading it really does boost up and fast. I remember the first trial nitpicking symptoms to death. The arm pain was one I could never explain away. It woke me at night. I wouldn't feel it until something hit it or a certain movement. That's much harder to explain away than muscle aches, tiredness etc. I was amused how relaxed this one felt compared to the first trial. That and all the pretty flow charts and stuff to follow. Even reading the trial info, it sounded much less stuffy. Plus getting a digital readout before hand was so much nicer than wasting my time in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom