Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

Not everyone is a victim. At some point, people must be held accountable for the information they believe and the decisions they make.
The misinformation being broadcast over the airwaves or TV, they all must be held accountable, no matter what the news source it is. Information that is not factual and pushed by certain people, again, whatever channel you are watching, needs to be stopped. Doesn’t help any situation from vaccines to Afghanistan to whatever. Facts are facts.

kong1802

I would consider them victims of malignantly wilful disinformation:

They wont listen to the world’s leading virologist (you know, the study of viruses) but will listen to an “evolutionary biologist” with no credentials or a tv entertainment show.

Boggles the mind.

Chi84

Premium Member
If you are indoctrinated into a particular worldview, it becomes nearly impossible to consider, much less believe, another perspective. I blame the propagandists more than I do their victims.
It’s definitely a matter of degree, and I also hold the propagandists more culpable, but we need to start holding individuals responsible also. This culture of always being the victim and blaming someone else is harming us.

LittleBuford

It’s definitely a matter of degree, and I also hold the propagandists more culpable, but we need to start holding individuals responsible also. This culture of always being the victim and blaming someone else is harming us.
I think it’s more harmful to hold that tens of millions of Americans are wilfully ignorant and uncaring. That’s a level of misanthropy that would make me give up on humanity as a whole, and that leads to the awful “Well, let them all die, then” comments we’ve seen numerous times in this thread.

Chi84

Premium Member
I think it’s more harmful to hold that tens of millions of Americans are wilfully ignorant and uncaring. That’s a level of misanthropy that would make me give up on humanity as a whole, and that leads to the awful “Well, let them all die, then” comments we’ve seen numerous times in this thread.
All I’m saying is that people need to be held responsible for verifying the information they get from the media. It shouldn’t be enough for them to say they “heard something,” and then to act accordingly in ways contrary to all reasonable sources. This doesn’t in any way mean the same thing as saying they should all be allowed to die. Talk about being overly-dramatic.

LittleBuford

All I’m saying is that people need to be held responsible for verifying the information they get from the media. It shouldn’t be enough for them to say they “heard something,” and then to act accordingly in ways contrary to all reasonable sources.
Their worldview teaches them that all sources that you and I would consider reasonable are lying to them. That the vast majority of outlets are saying something different from the one(s) they follow merely reinforces their beliefs.

This doesn’t in any way mean the same thing as saying they should all be allowed to die. Talk about being overly-dramatic.
I wasn’t being dramatic. I was referring to a line of thinking that has been demonstrated multiple times in this thread. You yourself have seen the posts I’m referring to; I am not inventing them for dramatic effect.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
All I’m saying is that people need to be held responsible for verifying the information they get from the media. It shouldn’t be enough for them to say they “heard something,” and then to act accordingly in ways contrary to all reasonable sources. This doesn’t in any way mean the same thing as saying they should all be allowed to die. Talk about being overly-dramatic.
Yep. I hear a lot of things. Doesn’t mean I believe everything. I have watched tucker in the past, not recently. Sometimes I agreed with him. Sometimes I didn’t. I haven’t watched his vaccine stuff to form an opinion. I assume I would disagree based on how it’s always being framed here? And no I don’t think people who watch Fox are some cult. I watch it from time to time, when I have time to watch news. Or if i want to watch an opinion show after work. like many, I am able to differentiate between news shows and opinion shows.

And I hear a lot of things from others. Those who stand by the fact that covid is no big deal. And those who oversell the dangers to everyone in the population to the point of unhealthy hysteria. I’m surprised people can function listening to that all the time. Well, maybe some can’t actually.

As I said in the past, if someone makes the silly decision to not get the vaccine, that’s on that person. I don’t care what you heard from whatever opinion person on tv or radio or YouTube. You made the choice. It’s on you. I have heard those people too yet I have made an entirely different choice.

The Mrs

How an individual comes to believe something is very complicated. Everyone has different experiences and exposures throughout life. All of it has a hand in a persons outlook and the opinions they form. It's not easy to erase the things you're told over and over in childhood. There's definitely a mindset that gets passed from generation to generation. If my parents were still alive, I'm quite certain they'd be rolling their eyes at mask wearers and refusing to get vaccinated. They shared many of the views and opinions that the current unvaccinated group promotes. I moved far away from my family when I was in my twenties because of a job opportunity. I honestly believe that the only reason I was able to open my eyes, learn to think for myself, and become a sensible, caring, responsible person is because of that distance. It's just hard to change your mind when you've always heard certain voices and those same voices are in your head every day. I eventually stopped seeing or talking to my family and the weight that was lifted off of my shoulders was incredible. Since my parents passed away I've been trying to reconnect with my siblings but just this week I had a conversation with my sister that I have decided will be the last. The things that she says to me are just so wrong, and baseless. She goes on and on about how the vaccines aren't approved and we just have no idea what they're going to do to everyone. She says that parents who give their children this vaccine should all be put in jail. It's ridiculous and I can't fight it anymore. It's so upsetting. She even said the z word this week. And when I ask her a question, as simple as "what do you mean?" she gets angry and says I'm trying to confuse her. I know that some people on this board take a lot of well deserved pride in trying to change minds, but I just can't anymore. I'm exhausted.

Last edited:

Viget

What does WDW use liquid oxygen for? I've seen tanks backstage. Given O-town needs it for water purification and hospitals really need it for high flow O2, will WDW be able or should be able to get the LOX they need? Just curious, cause I've heard RCID just use chlorine for potable water, so I guess WDW wouldn't be affected by the recent water issues in O-town.

SammyMF

In FLA 20k positive tests in a particular day, as an example. Or pick CA if you prefer and use that number of positive tests. Out of how many tests done that day? Perhaps that number is somewhere and I just dont see it.

Before any kind of comparison or breakdown that should be the first question to answer. Positives compared to population, the usual graph various people like to show, is important as additional information. But lets say, for argument sake, that the 20k in florida that day was among 40k tests (1 in 2 chance of a positive). Then lets say 5k in California but out of 5k tests. Sure 1/4 as many as Florida. But every test would be positive. Thats a pretty fundamental difference before anything else.

If you want a totally unscientific extrapolation, 1/2 of the 20+ million in Florida are infected, assuming every person was tested today. Whereas California with its 40 million people is in deep... well.... pretty deep.

Lilofan

What does WDW use liquid oxygen for? I've seen tanks backstage. Given O-town needs it for water purification and hospitals really need it for high flow O2, will WDW be able or should be able to get the LOX they need? Just curious, cause I've heard RCID just use chlorine for potable water, so I guess WDW wouldn't be affected by the recent water issues in O-town.
Voyage of Little Mermaid at DHS , liquid smoke during the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom