Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalkingHead

Absolutely horrifying. This is what so many have been saying, it’s not just death rates, or severity of illness. Allowing uncontrolled spread with no mitigation can cause a cascade effect across the entire system.

Case and point.

Sorry, the governor and his cronies are busy threatening school districts who have mask requirements. Because, y'know, that's a good use of resources.

dreday3

Absolutely horrifying. This is what so many have been saying, it’s not just death rates, or severity of illness. Allowing uncontrolled spread with no mitigation can cause a cascade effect across the entire system.

Case and point.

I mean- isn't everyone in Orlando freaking out at this moment??? What about all the theme parks and hotels??? Yeesh, what a mess.

dreday3

Universal *might* be on Orlandos water, I'm not entirely sure. If so, they would have to possibly shut down Jurassic Park River Adventure as that's the only water ride that uses city water.

Do Disney hotels use Orlando water?

How about Sea World?

I'm just thinking of all the hotels in Orlando area...how do you tell people - hey, don't shower tonight, okay?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

How about Sea World?

I'm just thinking of all the hotels in Orlando area...how do you tell people - hey, don't shower tonight, okay?
Ask California. They deal with water issues everyday. :) This isn’t a shot. I think they just declared a drought emergency recently. Which is pretty dang common.

DisneyDebRob

Case and point.

Horrific what they are letting happen in Florida. Does anyone in charge think maybe we are doing something wrong when they are asking to conserve water so they can help patients? Wow.

dreday3

Ask California. They deal with water issues everyday. :) This isn’t a shot. I think they just declared a drought emergency recently. Which is pretty dang common.

Well, theirs is due to lack of water from droughts, right? This is because of liquid oxygen - which I won't even pretend to know what that actually means. :D

Virtual Toad

Happy Friday everyone. Just picked up my younger child from school. Four students were pulled from his classroom at the end of the day due to a positive COVID case. The policy is not to quarantine an entire classroom but just those kids who sit immediately around the positive case. My child however sits face to face with one of the students (desks pushed together facing one another) in a different period. And all the kids are crowded into hallways and the lunchroom throughout the day without mandatory masks or any social distancing. But we have not been contacted and my son is not being asked to quarantine.

So my child, instead of being proud of his performance at school today and happy that the weekend is here, is in near hysterics instead, thanks to the completely inane and criminally inadequate safety protocols in our schools here in Florida.

When I get upset on these boards at those offering a “different perspective,” please understand why. I am a parent. This is extraordinarily personal. It’s like we’re watching a train wreck here in FL in slow motion, caused and perpetuated by leaders— and a good percentage of indifferent if not downright idiotic people in this state— who couldn’t give a damn about our children. Sorry but angry doesn’t begin to describe how I feel about this situation.

Gringrinngghost

How about Sea World?

Only Universal. Sea World is just south of them. Celebration and Disney are not part of my area (Toho Water Authority) so there is a middle man between OUC and Toho that services SeaWorld and Disney.
Edit: Celebration says they use Toho, Toho doesn't have them in their map.

service_map.jpg

disneygeek90

Happy Friday everyone. Just picked up my younger child from school. Four students were pulled from his classroom at the end of the day due to a positive COVID case. The policy is not to quarantine an entire classroom but just those kids who sit immediately around the positive case. My child however sits face to face with one of the students (desks pushed together facing one another) in a different period. And all the kids are crowded into hallways and the lunchroom throughout the day without mandatory masks or any social distancing. But we have not been contacted and my son is not being asked to quarantine.

So my child, instead of being proud of his performance at school today and happy that the weekend is here, is in near hysterics instead, thanks to the completely inane and criminally inadequate safety protocols in our schools here in Florida.

When I get upset on these boards at those offering a “different perspective,” please understand why. I am a parent. This is extraordinarily personal. It’s like we’re watching a train wreck here in FL in slow motion, caused and perpetuated by leaders— and a good percentage of indifferent if not downright idiotic people in this state— who couldn’t give a damn about our children. Sorry but angry doesn’t begin to describe how I feel about this situation.
Terrible. And then there's still some pushing for dropped mandates and whining over Disney requiring masks indoors. That is, quite literally, the least of Florida's problems right now.

lazyboy97o

I believe the issue deals with water that is consumed as in drinking. No one should be drinking the water used for the rides such as Jurassic Park River Adventure.
Water that comes into contact with people has to use a potable supply.

How about Sea World?

Reedy Creek Improvement District supplies Disney and SeaWorld is supplied by the county. Hotels are going to vary based on location. Most in city limits would be OUC but they also service outside city limits. Reedy Creek also supplies a little outside the District. But it’s all regional. I can’t imagine the county has some huge stash they’re hoarding.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I am sorry for your situation. If you are that upset and worried, maybe you should pull your kid from school. If you consider the risk to be too great and dangerous for your child, time to rethink sending him/her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom