Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeriofTerror

jc.jpg

Basil of Baker Street

Ok, then. Since so many Americans are heavy beneficiaries of government services (military protection, infrastructure, schools, parks, code inspectors that ensure your home was properly built or renovated) and/or money, we are also "government entities." Our freedom is a façade, and we should be held down while they vaccinate every last one of us. Problem solved.

Sure, we pay taxes and get occasional stimulus money or more permanent services in return. Airlines (and other historically bailed out industries) also pay a pretty good amount of money in taxes and fees. Not proportional at the moment, or with last year's receipts, but the GM bailout eventually paid off. So, common good and all that. Not usually a fan of such phrases, but uncommon times call for outside the box thinking.
No no, don't get me wrong. I wasn't commenting on your stance or anything. I'm not getting into the back and forth pizzing contests everyone gets into on this thread. I was simply stating I think its funny the airlines are considered private. Uncle Sam is probably the largest share holder of them all.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The second article was interesting until I got to this line which to me totally invalidates anything else this person has to say....

"If you choose to get a COVID-19 vaccine, you’re participating in an unprecedented experiment with an unapproved gene therapy,"

Muffinpants

The second line was interesting until I got to this line which to me totally invalidates anything else this person has to say....

"If you choose to get a COVID-19 vaccine, you’re participating in an unprecedented experiment with an unapproved gene therapy,"
People will think this than ask for the hardly tested very experimental treatment drug...

sullyinMT

No no, don't get me wrong. I wasn't commenting on your stance or anything. I'm not getting into the back and forth pizzing contests everyone gets into on this thread. I was simply stating I think its funny the airlines are considered private. Uncle Sam is probably the largest share holder of them all.
No harm. I’m a little edgy with recent work related issues (healthcare woes alluded to in this thread recently), but I’m not about digging in the trenches, either.

Let’s hope this wave breaks soon. I’ll buy you a beverage of choice at HHN and we would find more to agree on than argue about. Cheers!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think all the back and forth debate on what’s essential and where vaccines should be required just shows us that a federal vaccine mandate would never work and we’d never get the result we want. I think the current plan just needs to be expanded where we allow the fundamental core of our American economic system drive the change. Many people claim to believe in capitalism and believe in keeping big government away from controlling how businesses interact with their customers and their employees. If a business wants to mandate the vaccine for employees that’s in line with common practice in our society and covered clearly though existing employment law. Slam dunk. For interactions with customers, businesses should also have the right to decide how to operate safely to protect their employees and customers and if they decide that is a vaccine requirement then so be it.

In both cases people are free to decide they don’t want to be vaccinated and just sit out those jobs and those activities. Life is full of choices. Those people are also free to disagree with those policies, it’s a free country. Plenty of people disagree with all kinds of policies. Doesn‘t mean they don’t have to comply.

DisneyDebRob

Miami Herald is reporting hospitalizations in Florida have surpassed 17,000 -

"Despite a lower number of hospitals reporting, Florida continued to set records in current COVID-19 hospitalizations and COVID patients in intensive care units, surpassing 17,000 and 3,600, respectively.

That’s according to data reported Wednesday morning by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services from 232 hospitals. Most of the past two weeks, the number of hospitals reporting has ranged from 250 to 258.

The 17,096 people hospitalized represents a 37.8% rise from the 12,408 reported on Aug. 5.

As for COVID-19 patients in intensive care unit beds, that head count is up to 3,610, a 50% leap from the 2,406 reported on Aug. 5. The 3,610 represent 55% of the people in ICU beds in the reporting hospitals."

The case total today being reported from the Florida Hospital Association is 23,335 (this has not been reflected in the CDC data tracker yet).
BD404B3C-F3B0-4EC6-A3B7-3EA9670B91B2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom