Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mrs

They still pay someone to keep an eye on the self-checkout - why couldn’t they sanitize the screens as much as possible?
I don't know if it's true, but I was told by a manager at my local grocery store that constantly sanitizing the screens and touchpads was causing malfunctions and they had to stop cleaning with liquids and wet wipes.

JoeCamel

I don't know if it's true, but I was told by a manager at my local grocery store that constantly sanitizing the screens and touchpads was causing malfunctions and they had to stop cleaning with liquids and wet wipes.
I'm more concerned with the space around the scanner glass and scale. Gunk in abundance there and if a few people have dragged wet stuff across it is thoroughly disgusting

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Or toilet papers, thank you very much.;)

Lilofan

Well, to use self-check outs as an example - I loved when Target cleaned the touch screens between each use. Maybe not needed for Covid, but sure helped with any other nastiness people have on their hands.

They aren't doing it anymore, at least by us, but still have a pump bottle of hand sanitizer there for the customer to use after finishing purchase.

That's a good compromise.
At my Target no one cleans the self service kiosk touch screens but on my way out the staff member wiping down the carts with antiseptic wipes, I ask the staff member for a few wipes and they give some to me so I can wipe my hands.

mmascari

Recently the FDA did ask the companies to expand their trial size so I don’t know if that slows things down. Back in May/June there was some fear that the FDA wouldn’t issue EUA because Covid would be more under control and not a true emergency for kids and we’d have to wait for 6 mo ths of safety data and full approval, but sadly Delta ended that debate.
I assume it’s a 2 month delay. The time needed to track all the extra people added to the trial.

When they asked, it sounded conservative and safety conscious compared to the current risk level. With low levels, no big deal to delay 2 months. Now, with the increased risk, there are probably people kicking themselves for asking and the associated delay. Since they asked and required the extra data, it’s almost impossible to change and go without the extra data now. As bad as delta is, it’s not bad enough to reverse that decision.

That’s delay from when they asked, not from today.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I assume it’s a 2 month delay. The time needed to track all the extra people added to the trial.

When they asked, it sounded conservative and safety conscious compared to the current risk level. With low levels, no big deal to delay 2 months. Now, with the increased risk, there are probably people kicking themselves for asking and the associated delay. Since they asked and required the extra data, it’s almost impossible to change and go without the extra data now. As bad as delta is, it’s not bad enough to reverse that decision.

That’s delay from when they asked, not from today.
Maybe, but the initial safety data for EUA in adults was released when 50% or more of the trial participants reached the 2 month safety milestone so I wouldn’t expect a delay of 2 months for Pfizer to relaxes the prelim results. I don’t know but if the FDA really pushes this back 2 months for no good reason other than to save face that is disgusting and will go down as one of the most tragic developments in this whole pandemic. Children could literally die (even 1 death is 1 too many) or suffer unnecessarily for no good reason.

On the timeline, if they are waiting until all the full trial results come in it may not be this year since both Pfizer and Moderna are still actively recruiting the extra kids for the trial. My 11 year old is much more likely to get the adult dose in January when he turns 12:(

hopemax

Celebration resident here, jumping in to clarify that Golden Corral is actually NOT in Celebration, and officially is in Kissimmee, just outside the boundaries of the town.
That’s not what their physical address says. I was mostly just indicating which one of the two on 192 we went to.

But the steak and ham were good tonight and the rolls were good. I have been in that one a couple times and this was the busiest I had ever seen it. Normally we go the one in Clermont which is usually old people, not vacationers. But like I said tonight we went to a Disney fan meeting at the Museum of Military History. 3 people from the Comedy Warehouse / Adventurers Club Improv casts were our guests. Well 2 + Fingers. So we ate where was close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom