Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Current data for the last 7 days from the CDC - cases reported yesterday reached another record.

Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 6.21.46 PM.png

Reuters is reporting there are a record 16,100 hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Florida -

"A fifth of the nation's COVID-19 hospitalizations are in Florida, where the number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients hit a record 16,100 on Saturday, according to a Reuters tally. More than 90% of the state's intensive care beds are filled, according to data from the Department of Health and Human Services."

On vaccinations -

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To be fair to the FDA they never formally said they didn‘t consider covid and emergency but there was some speculation they could never allow EUA for kids under 12 and just wait until full authorization but Delta has changed the math.
Seems like a lack of forethought…don’t it?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Current data for the last 7 days from the CDC - cases reported yesterday reached another record.

View attachment 579819

Reuters is reporting there are a record 16,100 hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Florida -

"A fifth of the nation's COVID-19 hospitalizations are in Florida, where the number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients hit a record 16,100 on Saturday, according to a Reuters tally. More than 90% of the state's intensive care beds are filled, according to data from the Department of Health and Human Services."

Just awful

honestly…there is some good potential out of this…I can think of one thing

Polkadotdress

What happened to that vaccine?

There was a lot of hype on Novavax. The stock was selling at a low of $5 per share for several months in late 2019, early 2020 then peaked at $331 per share in Feb 2021. Whoever bought and accumulated many shares at the low price and sold in Feb 2021 is a happy camper.
Jumping in with a Novovax update: my daughter is in this trial, and they’ve sent her updated info that they will apply for EUA in 4th quarter, after initially aiming for 3rd.

Unfortunately this delay has put her, and thousands of others in a difficult position of being designated “unvaccinated” since the vaccine is not on the US/FDA approved list.

It’s a real-life example of “no good deed goes unpunished”.

Polkadotdress

My calculated risk... we are heading to the Golden Corral in Celebration for dinner before heading to a Disney fan club meeting. I don’t want want to hear from anyone how my pessimism about the remaining trajectory we still have to travel through the pandemic translates to anything else about me. It’s good to challenge my immune system, right, lol.

Jeez the parking lot is packed!
Celebration resident here, jumping in to clarify that Golden Corral is actually NOT in Celebration, and officially is in Kissimmee, just outside the boundaries of the town.

TrainsOfDisney

Jumping in with a Novovax update: my daughter is in this trial, and they’ve sent her updated info that they will apply for EUA in 4th quarter, after initially aiming for 3rd.

Unfortunately this delay has put her, and thousands of others in a difficult position of being designated “unvaccinated” since the vaccine is not on the US/FDA approved list.

It’s a real-life example of “no good deed goes unpunished”.
A co-worker of mine was told by a potential employer that they were only hiring people who were fully vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna.

DisneyGigi

Were you vacinated?

With an experience like this (vacinated and unvaccinated having the same results) I’m wondering if different versions of the virus are spreading in certain parts of the country.

Scary stuff.
I was not vaccinated. I had it once already, last year, and was afraid of the effects that happen with autoimmune disease. (Which I have) and inflammation. It spread through a vaccinated person, that came to work sick, and didn’t think they could have it being vaccinated. A total of about 8 vaccinated were infected, and really as sick as unvaccinated if not worse. Scary stuff, do not assume if you have the shot you won’t get sick. Stay safe!!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Nah…calm down on the terrorist thing…

Afghanistan will be overrun…however…by then.
NYC is preparing to look out for terrorists by September 11th as possible as COVID-19 surge aka Delta surge will may be down into lower soon. As booster vaccines can take care to stop future variants as current ones too by then.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Bumping in here to give my experience with Covid-19 the last few weeks. There was an outbreak at my husband and son’s work. In both vaccinated and non vaccinated people. Vaccinated people were just as sick as unvaccinated. My entire family, including 3 grandchildren had it. I have double Pneumonia from it, 14 days in. My doc prescribed me Ivermectin, (yes, the same drug for de worming) Steroids, a z pack, and an inhaler. I am up today, for the first time in 2 weeks. I don’t wish to make a political post or argument about what works, or doesn’t but the meds he gave me kept me from being hospitalized. It was at that point. There are tons of mis information on all sides. This worked for me. I just want to share my experience. Please don’t flame me for sharing what worked for me. I was so, so sick. Lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks.

The problem with situations like this, is that you don't really know what helped and what didn't. Maybe you would have gotten better anyway without those things. Maybe it was the steroids, maybe it was the Ivermectin. This is why we need controlled studies to be sure we know what is actually working and what isn't.

lazyboy97o

Celebration resident here, jumping in to clarify that Golden Corral is actually NOT in Celebration, and officially is in Kissimmee, just outside the boundaries of the town.
Both are in unincorporated Osceola County. Celebration is not a legal town and Kissimmee’s border doesn’t stretch to the main tourist drag of US 192.

DisneyGigi

The problem with situations like this, is that you don't really know what helped and what didn't. Maybe you would have gotten better anyway without those things. Maybe it was the steroids, maybe it was the Ivermectin. This is why we need controlled studies to be sure we know what is actually working and what isn't.
Totally agree with you. Just sharing what did help me. Don’t know which did, but my oxygen levels two days ago were at the brink of being hospitalized. I couldn’t have typed this two days ago. I have been up all day today, no fever, no aches, and so much improvement. I really didn’t think I was going to make it. Just wanna share what helped.

TrainsOfDisney

Yes, I added to my previous comment. We have really entered different territory in this conversation, as my initial declaration was simply we don’t have good data to show that enhanced cleaning should be considered one of the pillars to defeat COVID-19. Desiring a more sanitized environment in a theme park for personal enjoyment is a different discussion.
It’s the same territory.

How clean is too clean when it comes to public spaces? I’ve never checked into a hotel and said “this room is too clean!”

dreday3

It’s the same territory.

How clean is too clean when it comes to public spaces? I’ve never checked into a hotel and said “this room is too clean!”

Well, to use self-check outs as an example - I loved when Target cleaned the touch screens between each use. Maybe not needed for Covid, but sure helped with any other nastiness people have on their hands.

They aren't doing it anymore, at least by us, but still have a pump bottle of hand sanitizer there for the customer to use after finishing purchase.

That's a good compromise.

JoeCamel

Well, to use self-check outs as an example - I loved when Target cleaned the touch screens between each use. Maybe not needed for Covid, but sure helped with any other nastiness people have on their hands.

They aren't doing it anymore, at least by us, but still have a pump bottle of hand sanitizer there for the customer to use after finishing purchase.

I've complained to several Wally people about cleaning the scanners in self serve. They cleaned the store but the scanner was nasty, guess the reason for the cleaning was not communicated effectively or no person had been given that job so it didn't get done.

TrainsOfDisney

They still pay someone to keep an eye on the self-checkout - why couldn’t they sanitize the screens as much as possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom