Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is the weekly report from the Florida DOH (data published 5:05pm).

The number of new deaths reported from last report to this report is 1,071.

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 5.08.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 5.08.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 5.08.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 5.08.37 PM.png

Data specifically for Orange County -

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 5.11.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 5.11.48 PM.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If you look at the CDC data for Florida, deaths are already on their downward trend while cases are still going up.

View attachment 579581

View attachment 579582
The last two weeks of Florida's number are undercounted. That's because it takes two weeks for all the information to make its way through the system. The Florida site says as much. Since this all began the last two weeks have consistently shown the deaths going down, which obviously wasn't the case in the middle of a wave.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Increase in cases (one week trend) continues to slow in the US. Making its way closer to 0%. I think the last time I posted it was above a 30% increase? The 5 day trend is actually declining but that is just too short of a time period to know much. And how Florida reports always makes this difficult to compare...

1628889631147.png

JoeCamel

The last two weeks of Florida's number are undercounted. That's because it takes two weeks for all the information to make its way through the system. The Florida site says as much. Since this all began the last two weeks have consistently shown the deaths going down, which obviously wasn't the case in the middle of a wave.
They changed from date of death reported to date of death so many were backfilled into previous weeks/months and don't show up on the daily count now causing a data shift lower

DCBaker

Premium Member

Also -

"Just as a highly contagious new delta variant sent Florida into a vicious COVID-19 surge, the state Department of Health changed the way it reports cases and deaths attributed to the virus.

The result: Florida no longer provides a real-time picture of how COVID is impacting the state.

The most dramatic example is that Florida’s daily death count had been trending upward since the end of June, but with the recent adjustments made by the state Department of Health, the number of deaths due to COVID appeared to decline dramatically over the past week. At least on paper."

"Florida changed its COVID reporting method Tuesday and now reports when cases or deaths actually occurred rather than when they were communicated to the state — allowing health officials to assign cases or deaths to days in the past rather than the present.

Health officials not only adjusted recent information but revised all numbers going back to the start of the pandemic in March 2020.

Since Tuesday, Florida continued to revise its information based on the actual dates of cases or deaths, even adjusting some record-breaking daily case counts downward.

Regardless of the new process, the cumulative numbers for Florida remain high."

Gringrinngghost

2,508,458 Cases to 2,806,813 cases = 16 Days (July 25th, 2021 to August 10th, 2021)
Florida weekly Reports:
2,479,975 Cases to 2,877,214 cases = 397,239 New Cases in 20 Days (July 23rd, 2021 to August 12th, 2021)

CDC Numbers:
2,508,458 Cases to 2,851,402 cases = 342,944 New Cases in 18 Days (July 25th, 2021 to August 12th, 2021)

The CDC and Florida have an overall a difference of 25,812 cases with the CDC lower than the state. Since the weekly reports have started, I noted an overall 11 week difference of 24,175 with the CDC lower than the state.

So Florida is on Track for 2.9M this weekend.

correcaminos

AEfx

I can't nearly keep up with this thread daily (nor would it be healthy to) - but the next time someone says "kids don't get sick, there is literally no risk" - make sure you point them to this very sad article:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/13/us/dallas-county-no-pediatric-icu-beds-left/index.html

Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations are surging and in Dallas County, Texas, there are “zero ICU beds left for children,” county judge Clay Jenkins said in a news conference Friday morning.

“That means if your child’s in a car wreck, if your child has a congenital heart defect or something and needs an ICU bed, or more likely if they have Covid and need an ICU bed, we don’t have one. Your child will wait for another child to die,” Jenkins said. “Your child will just not get on the ventilator, your child will be CareFlighted to Temple or Oklahoma City or wherever we can find them a bed, but they won’t be getting one here unless one clears.”

correcaminos

What? Where have you been?

That’s why there is indoor masking at Disney. That why the news has been about the fact that vaxx’d CAN transmit the virus.
You're confusing two things I think. Some are asking small group of vaccinated. Indoors at Disney is because in public one should mask and such no matter status when in substantial or high transmission areas. If you are in a low transmission area, for now indoors, out, public, private etc you don't have to mask. Indoors with a small group that we know are vaccinated? one wouldn't have to either as that's not "public" really at all.

Polkadotdress

I didn't know that fully vaccinated people needed to mask indoors when together either.

I would never think of masking up at a get together with my fully vaccinated family/friends.
To clarify, “in public”.

So crew members off duty on a ship, hanging in a bar, should still be masked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom