Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
This COVID back and forth and passive-aggressive politicking in the thread is going to be around and awful for YEARS. Whether or not I participate isn’t going to change that. I don’t mean it being around like the flu, I mean this madness. Gotta love it.

correcaminos

So long as memorial services double as vaccination drives, I’m not happy with either. I’ll wait til the “education” test marks improve.
What's the point in being vaccinated if you assume we're all going to die? I get you have anxiety but this is particularly really negative even for you.

Sorry after doing the trial and all that, my point is to have a life after vaccination - and I am. Not stupidly either, but really shaming a vaccinated person is really not great either.

Disney Experience

You also need to download the ArriveCanada app and upload your proof of vaccination. Only fully vaccinated people are allowed to cross.
Thirty plus years ago I was flying into Toronto, Canada on business. They had a customs form to fill out before arrival. There were five yes or no questions asked on it. I never lie so I filled it out as honestly as I could.
On arrival, the custom officer as asked me about my yes answer to the first question which asked if I was bringing in any seeds or nuts. I pulled out a snickers bar and said it had nuts.
The last question in the form was, “Will you be traveling within one mile of a Canadian farm? I had not answered the yes or no question. He asked why? I responded, “1. How do I know where all Canadian farms are? 2. I may not be planning to be within one mile of a farm, but the question was not if I planned to, but will I be within 1 mile. I could be kidnapped and forcible dragged within a mile or conversely if I was planning to be within a mile I could be detained beforehand and never get within a mile. So without the ability to foreknow the future, how can I answer Yes or No.

Guess I should be glad he just rolled his eyes and let me proceed into Canada rather take me somewhere for a full cavity search.

Last edited:

drizgirl

Maybe those congregations should have done better before people, you know, bit it. But that would require intelligence.
Maybe we should take the wins where we find them these days.

As an atheist, I make my own decisions. I read the news. Churches were opening up, not requiring masks, and were proud of it, too. I’ll make a generalization about it.
Generalizations don't help anyone here.

Animaniac93-98

Thirty plus years ago I was flying into Toronto, Canada on business. They had a customs form to fill out before arrival. There were five yes or no questions asked on it. I never lie so I filled it out as honestly as I could.
On arrival, the custom officer as asked me about my yes answer to the first question which asked if I was bringing in any seeds or nuts. I pulled out a snickers bar and said it had nuts.
The last question in the form was, “Will you be traveling within one mile of a Canadian farm? I had not answered the yes or no question. He asked why? I responded, “1. How do I know where all Canadian farms are? 2. I may not be planning to be within one mile of a farm, but the question was not if I planned to, but will I be within 1 mile. I could be kidnapped and forcible dragged within a mile or conversely if I was planning to be within a mile I could be detained beforehand and never get within a mile. So without the ability to foreknow the future, how can I answer Yes or No.

Guess I should be glad he just rolled his eyes and let me proceed into Canada rather take me somewhere for a full cavity search.

Said form still exists and has similar questions regarding farms and seeds. Everyone has to fill it out, even Canadian citizens.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

No jokes like that allowed any more..even though I still appreciate them.

Heppenheimer

My in-laws live in Ontario farm country. I guess I'd better make sure I don't bring a bag a peanuts with me next time I visit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom