Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The fresh fruits and veggies that I eat, the food that is cooked for me in a restaurant, the manual labor to build our country back up including low paid tourism jobs , construction , etc , I thank all people that labor in these jobs including migrants. The late foodie Anthony Bourdain once said without migrant labor, the food and beverage industry in our country would collapse.
Ditto! But what does this have to do with COVID positivity rates? Other than a continuous demand for stricter mitigation efforts due to the delta spike will put many of these individuals out of work...

mgf

Are you denying th

Are you denying that 1) illegals have a high positivity rate in terms of COVID and 2) the Government is sending them out all over America?

Take the xenephobia elsewhere.

1628602003159.png

The Mom

Premium Member
Take the xenephobia elsewhere.

View attachment 578763
People who have not been looking at this map daily for the past few weeks would think that the "red" started in FL and is moving north to MO. The opposite is true - it started in MO and has moved down and across and down - pretty much following the major highways. The red is also slowly increasing along the Atlantic coast, heading north along I-95.

This is the nature of pandemics/epidemics. They are carried from place to place. I hope that the Northeast does not see a major surge this Fall/Winter, but history has shown that this is possible. Having a high vaccination rate should keep the number of serious cases lower.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Once again I see how removing the Political Forum totally eradicated such hostile discussions :)
For some, it seems it is not possible to identify multiple problems at once, at different levels and possibly of different significance, and work to find solutions for each of these problems....or ask our leaders to work on each if it falls under their responsibility. One problem should not be used as a tool to negate another problem, and vice versa. This leads to hostile discussions, which honestly I have been a part of at times as well...

Laketravis

For some, it seems it is not possible to identify multiple problems at once, at different levels and possibly of different significance, and work to find solutions for each of these problems....or ask our leaders to work on each if it falls under their responsibility. One problem should not be used as a tool to negate another problem, and vice versa. This leads to hostile discussions, which honestly I have been a part of at times as well...

Good to "see" you.......

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Agreed. It seems like some people want to focus all of the blame and attention on the border because they don’t want to address the low vaccination rate and impact that it is having on cases. It’s not like TX is Vermont on vaccinations of their actual citizens but all the cases are coming from illegal immigrants crossing the border. The border is a problem but the 16M+ citizens who have decided not to get vaccinated are also a problem (except for the kids who are not eligible). Looking at this purely as a math equation one thing is much larger than the other.

GimpYancIent

I have made the road trip from Florida to NY many many many times.

That traffic gets brutal once we reach Richmond area. LOL LOL
Yes! Truth! It is a horrendous choke point beginning immediately upon approaching D.C. through to the intersection of I95 + I64 just south of Richmond. Hard for anything to get through there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom