Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
As I said they're begging people to vaccinate and mask for now. Instead of making this agenda filled for you, you can just appreciate their cries for help. They're burned out.
I’m sure they can find the energy to make a tick tok video.

Short of arresting people and forcing needles in arms this is going to be the reality. It was quite frankly idiotic to think that everyone is going to line up to get a vaccine. Maybe eventually people will realize the harder you push someone the more they resist. Maybe eventually someone will say
and let them get sick and die because of their choice that they are free to make and not hold the rest of the population hostage to a minority of people who are idiots.

Last edited by a moderator:

correcaminos

If people dont want to get vaxed...deal with it? Personal choices i dont agree with are made by people every day...but guess what i keep living my life.
Tell that to the medical workers already stretched thin. Working longer hours because they are short staffed. But hey what do I care about my friends who work in hospitals....

Not sure if you think I stopped living my life or not, but I haven't. However people not vaccinating affects us all. So I will continue to push as I have for almost a year now.

correcaminos

I’m sure they can find the energy to mark a tick tok video.

Short of arresting people and forcing needles in arms this is going to be the reality. It was quite frankly idiotic to think that everyone is going to line up to get a vaccine. Maybe eventually people will realize the harder you push someone the more they resist. Maybe eventually someone will say F them and let them get sick and die because of their choice that they are free to make and not hold the rest of the population hostage to a minority of people who are idiots.
Um my friend didn't make a tick tok video. Just posting on FB.

I don't think all will vaccinate but we can sure push for it more instead of leaving it to the medical workers to clean up. I don't force. I educate and try to meet people where they are. It's helped and I won't stop.

monothingie

Premium Member
Tell that to the medical workers already stretched thin. Working longer hours because they are short staffed. But hey what do I care about my friends who work in hospitals....
Then they can quit. That’s their job to treat sick people. They don’t want to do it, or it’s too difficult for them, then there are plenty of other jobs available.

correcaminos

Then they can quit. That’s their job to treat sick people. They don’t want to do it, or it’s too difficult for them, then there are plenty of other jobs available.
They have quit... many of them. Why do you think they are streched so thin?

Crazy tonight. The ubers on both sides find a middle ground to be unreasonable it seems. Time to dig into a crazy fiction book. Gotta be more believable than this thread tonight 🤪

Last edited:

correcaminos

Wrong. If the vaccines are safe and effective and lead to minimal break through cases and significantly less impactful illnesses. Then you as a vaccinated person have nothing to worry about from an unvaccinated person.
GIF by Giphy QA

kong1802

Sooner or later we are going to have to stop blaming these sillies on tv, radio, social media for people’s choices and just start blaming the people for their choices. I don’t care what they read here or heard there. If you don’t agree with lockdowns or masks or capacity limits, that’s fine. Nothing to do with the vaccine. There is enough information out there that should make the choice an easy one for most. It’s personal responsibility time. If they want to ignore the evidence due to what one guy says on the radio, that’s on them. At this point, that’s their fault more that the dude on the radio.

While I mostly agree, it’s interesting that some posters here are using the exact same arguments and we know where they are getting it.

We also see how it ends. I know we can’t fix stupid but it’s still sad.

monothingie

Premium Member
They have quit... many of them. Why do you think they are streched so thin?

Crazy tonight. The ubers on both sides find a middle ground to be unreasonable it seems. Time to dig into a crazy fiction book. Gotta me lore believable than this thread tonight 🤪

They are stretched so thin because hospital and large conglomerate healthcare systems refuse to pay for additional staffing. Remember our healthcare system is a giant profit making enterprise. More nurses and doctors hurt the bottom line. So it always turns out to be what’s the least they can get away with.

But ask yourself, (and there still isn’t any answer to this question) why has there been absolutely no meaningful increase in hospital capacity in the 18+ months of Covid. Isn’t it crazy that the hospitals are STILL UNPREPARED for surges? Why i$ that?

TrainsOfDisney

They are stretched so thin because hospital and large conglomerate healthcare systems refuse to pay for additional staffing. Remember our healthcare system is a giant profit making enterprise. More nurses and doctors hurt the bottom line. So it always turns out to be what’s the least they can get away with.

But ask yourself, (and there still isn’t any answer to this question) why has there been absolutely no meaningful increase in hospital capacity in the 18+ months of Covid. Isn’t it crazy that the hospitals are STILL UNPREPARED for surges? Why i$ that?
Hospitals SHOULD be over staffed at all times. Same with Disney World theme parks.

correcaminos

They were actually doing fine earlier this year too. But I'm going off of first hand accounts and the articles there I left earlier.

I have no agenda outside of helping people vaccinate. , so just being real.

I am off.

Polkadotdress

Thank you to your DD! That is a very brave thing to do for sure!

I obviously support it and would have for my kid had we been able to enroll him too (school conflicts during hybrid and EDL days). I really am absolutely amazed at how adult some of the kids are to do this. You should be so proud!

Btw this was sent to me. You should get one for your DD
Thanks! We are proud of her, and happy that she’s part of the solution to this worldwide challenge.

monothingie

Premium Member
For real. They were actually doing fine earlier this year too. But I'm going off of first hand accounts and the articles there I left earlier.

I have no agenda outside of helping people vaccinate. You're newer AFAIK here, so just being real.

I am off.
I’ll break it down for you.

Hospitals are unwilling or unable to pay for more staffing because it will cause them to loose money. Our healthcare system is a for profit system.

Someone has to pay for it.

Polkadotdress

This is just one article, from many that are out there on the internet. But medical burnout/depression/frustration/quitting due to the pandemic leads to a shortage of available beds in a hospital, as you must have trained personnel in a specific ratio for each bed.

So flippantly saying “Who cares, they should quit “ is yet another thing that is contributing to this situation being an ongoing nightmare.

TrainsOfDisney

I appreciate your follow up , that poster is missing the point.
Arguing about masks, college kids, and every other excuse when the answer is so simple to end this. It’s facts, historical, science. It’s called a vaccine.
Currently it’s a vaccine + masks + social distancing.

monothingie

Premium Member
I appreciate your follow up , that poster is missing the point.
Arguing about masks, college kids, and every other excuse when the answer is so simple to end this. It’s facts, historical, science. It’s called a vaccine.
Hi, poster right here. We were told that vaccines were our way to normalcy by our leaders, up until they weren’t and we’re now restricting everyone who has chosen to do the right thing. Most ordinary people are confused and angered by the constant mixed messaging, politicization, and confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom