Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

Not at all. I’m just saying the Mexico border is a red herring. If you choose to focus on borders, that’s not the one. I choose to focus on shots in arms. Borders between states are nothing but air. If florida has a problem, eventually we all have the same problem. Get your shot!
Red Herring is exact right. It’s the switching of subjects to show someone’s point of view of something that don’t think is working. The tens of millions of people not getting the shot is the problem. Not the few thousand that is said that isn’t vaccinated coming in over the border. That’s a fight for another thread, political in nature, if you disagree with the policy of the border.

Chomama

With billions of dollars that are now going elsewhere, like a trillion dollar infrastructure bill.

In 2020, we didn’t have vaccines. Now we do. Closing the park is ignoring the obvious science-based solution.
Thank you!!! We no longer need to wear masks, distance or close things down. It’s amazing! We have a solution and this can end and people don’t have to lose their jobs!!! …if we all take the freaking shot

correcaminos

It doesn’t change the fact that this virus will peak and then wane in different geographic regions.

In Hawaii with a 72% vaccination rate (amongst the highest in the US) and the most stringent masking requirements in the US the virus is exploding, not amongst travelers but locals.
My friend works in a hospital there. The places getting hit hard are not highly vaccinated as a whole. People are not masking the way some are thinking. Young people in particular. My friend is begging people to vaccinate and mask. I feel for them. ECMO for a 21 yo is hard to watch.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Sooner or later we are going to have to stop blaming these sillies on tv, radio, social media for people’s choices and just start blaming the people for their choices. I don’t care what they read here or heard there. If you don’t agree with lockdowns or masks or capacity limits, that’s fine. Nothing to do with the vaccine. There is enough information out there that should make the choice an easy one for most. It’s personal responsibility time. If they want to ignore the evidence due to what one guy says on the radio, that’s on them. At this point, that’s their fault more that the dude on the radio.

TrainsOfDisney

With billions of dollars that are now going elsewhere, like a trillion dollar infrastructure bill.

In 2020, we didn’t have vaccines. Now we do. Closing the park is ignoring the obvious science-based solution.
In 2021 we still have a virus spreading and filling up hospitals. Keeping Disney world open is ignoring the obvious reality.

TrainsOfDisney

Isn’t the more sensical decision for Disney to require vaccination for entry? Since we have the solution in our hands? Saves them an economic nightmare and saves thousands of jobs
Possibly. But since that’s not an option it might as well be an attraction in fantasyland.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
My friend works in a hospital there. The places getting hit hard are not highly vaccinated as a whole. People are not masking the way some are thinking. Young people in particular. My friend is begging people to vaccinate and mask. I feel for them. ECMO for a 21 yo is hard to watch.

But you have 72% of the population fully vaccinated. Which is it? Did they not take their 3rd or 4th or 5th Booster?

Perhaps, and it’s hard to admit it for some, that all our mitigation strategies help but will never be comprehensive enough to beat this virus. Perhaps a strategy of management and learning to live with and assume the risks associated with it would be more realistic, rather than this notion of Covid 0.

Last edited by a moderator:

correcaminos

But you have 72% of the population fully vaccinated. Which is it? Did they not take their 3rd or 4th or 5th Booster?

Perhaps, and it’s hard to admit it for some, that all our mitigation strategies help but will never be comprehensive enough to beat this virus. Perhaps a strategy of management and learning to live with and assume the risks associated with it would be more realistic, rather than this imbecilic notion of Covid 0.

Not all areas have high vaccination rates. Articles I found say 65%

Edit, I need to find the article they posted. I thought that was the one, it's not. My mistake.

As I said they're begging people to vaccinate and mask for now. Instead of making this agenda filled for you, you can just appreciate their cries for help. They're burned out.

matt9112

Perhaps, and it’s hard to admit it for some, that all our mitigation strategies help but will never be comprehensive enough to beat this virus. Perhaps a strategy of management and learning to live with and assume the risks associated with it would be more realistic, rather than this imbecilic notion of Covid 0.

This 100% its not going anywhere. Its here to stay. There will always be some risk. Massive amounts of the population are vaxed.

matt9112

Not all areas have high vaccination rates.

As I said they're begging people to vaccinate and mask for now. Instead of making this agenda filled for you, you can just appreciate their cries for help. They're burned out.
If people dont want to get vaxed...deal with it? Personal choices i dont agree with are made by people every day...but guess what i keep living my life.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Sooner or later we are going to have to stop blaming these sillies on tv, radio, social media for people’s choices and just start blaming the people for their choices. I don’t care what they read here or heard there. If you don’t agree with lockdowns or masks or capacity limits, that’s fine. Nothing to do with the vaccine. There is enough information out there that should make the choice an easy one for most. It’s personal responsibility time. If they want to ignore the evidence due to what one guy says on the radio, that’s on them. At this point, that’s their fault more that the dude on the radio.
Silly you.

Personal responsibility is what the authoritarians in charge right now who are doing everything through executive edict around the world don’t want.

If you’re responsible for your own actions and outcome, then they can’t keep you safe and secure by imposing their power upon you.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
This 100% its not going anywhere. Its here to stay. There will always be some risk. Massive amounts of the population are vaxed.
Until there's way to stop COVID-19 threats is the powerful vaccines of the future AKA boosters. That is the way that we will end COVID-19 pandemic by end of the year.

matt9112

Until there's way to stop COVID-19 threats is the powerful vaccines of the future AKA boosters. That is the way that we will end COVID-19 pandemic by end of the year.

What pandemic? Its just a virus....the pandemic part is over for me. Were open. Were living life. The economy is coming back. Now its just another virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom