Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Experience

Pretty good Q&A in San Jose Mercury News Press:

Elsewhere, in San Fransisco, they are allowing J&J vaccinated citizens to get MRNA vaccines as a booster because of concern for J&J vs delta.

J&J has a different opinion on delta efficacy:

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

Remember how we say no one is invested or rooting for the worst possible outcome, even when we disagree? Well…. Lol
Did I miss a post where someone was rooting for it to get worse?
On another note, my immediate family.. son, dau and there families.. 14 people all together.. 3 have the delta variant. All were vaccinated. Talk about throwing the data out the window. That’s bad odds I believe. Anyway, all doing well but blew us all away .

correcaminos

On another note, my immediate family.. son, dau and there families.. 14 people all together.. 3 have the delta variant. All were vaccinated. Talk about throwing the data out the window. That’s bad odds I believe. Anyway, all doing well but blew us all away .
Sorry they are ill but not sure how that's bad odds or throwing data out the window. No vaccine is 100% and if they are all doing well the vaccine did its job.

I know a pair of breakthrough case personally that is so mild it was found on accident. Person feels fine. Vaccine worked - they are in their 80s. The other asymptomatic

DisneyDebRob

Sorry they are ill but not sure how that's bad odds or throwing data out the window. No vaccine is 100% and if they are all doing well the vaccine did its job.

I know a pair of breakthrough case personally that is so mild it was found on accident. Person feels fine. Vaccine worked - they are in their 80s. The other asymptomatic
Thank you for the kind words but the point was out of 14 people, 3 got it. Wasn’t talking about the vaccines effectiveness. We know that’s great.

Flugell

Thank you for the kind words but the point was out of 14 people, 3 got it. Wasn’t talking about the vaccines effectiveness. We know that’s great.
Hoping that their symptoms remain mild and that they test negative soon. The vaccines seem to be working well regarding severity of case but an infection rate of 3/14 (just over 20%) is certainly worse than we originally were told.
Not being doom and gloom, just thankful you were all vaccinated.

Thought this might make you smile!
My variation on the Hokey Cokey!

You put your right arm in, your right arm out,
Your right arm in and you jab it all about,
You get your vaccination and you move on out,
That’s what it’s all about!

Fight Coronavirus, fight coronavirus, fight coronavirus
Knees bend, arms stretch jab, jab,jab!

jmp85

Six of my (adult) family members were exposed to the virus. Two of the six contracted the virus, both symptomatic (20%). All six adults received the Moderna vaccine. I know I was in very close contact with multiple people who tested positive the next day, but I'm fine (knock on wood).

DisneyCane

Symptoms?

DisneyDebRob

Symptoms?
Dau in law felt sluggish, like she didn’t sleep well or get enough sleep. Went on for 2 days and went and found out she had it. Son had no symptoms but got checked after she was positive. Other family was daughter.. also said she just didn’t feel right.. like things were not right. She said that’s the best way she could put it. Tested positive but no one else in family did. She’s fine but she’s the kind of person that can’t stand still so it’s driving her crazy.

DisneyCane

Dau in law felt sluggish, like she didn’t sleep well or get enough sleep. Went on for 2 days and went and found out she had it. Son had no symptoms but got checked after she was positive. Other family was daughter.. also said she just didn’t feel right.. like things were not right. She said that’s the best way she could put it. Tested positive but no one else in family did. She’s fine but she’s the kind of person that can’t stand still so it’s driving her crazy.
It's good that feeling sluggish is the worst of it. Nobody likes feeling that way but it is orders of magnitude better than it might have been if they weren't vaccinated!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is the weekly report from the Florida DOH (data published 5:21pm).

The number of new deaths reported from last report to this report is 616.

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 5.26.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 5.27.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 5.27.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 5.27.21 PM.png

Here is data specifically for Orange County -

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 5.27.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 5.27.50 PM.png

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Getting more people vaccinated is the only way out of this. I don‘t think we should “celebrate” crossing 50% but it’s a positive achievement to be able to say the majority are fully vaccinated. We just crossed that threshold yesterday Nationwide. The only thing that matters now is getting the rest of the 40% of the people who are eligible to get a shot and getting the vaccine approved for the kids under 12 who make up 15% of our population. If more corporations follow the growing trend I think it’s possible we get to 75-80% or more fully vaccinated by the end of the year. That will go a long way towards limiting a winter wave.
Is this damn variant will not stopped by end of the year. I'll scream into the death! Will the future variants will never getting worse as we will have booster shots soon?

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Ha! In a matter of weeks, and for the rest of humanity's existence, you're going to WISH the numbers were this good. People compare this to other pandemics, but you can't. This is not only the deadliest, but the most most contagious virus humanity has faced. And every variation is going to be stronger and more volatile. Do your research too. They won't tell you this, but EVERYONE who gets this is having their body destroyed. That's the visible long covid. Even if you have no symptoms, this virus is going to kill you. The ones who die upon initial infection are going to be the lucky ones. I haven't stepped outside since January 2020 and don't expect to ever again. I have my system in place. And if it gets to the point where I can't have supplies delivered, well, I would much rather starve. Covid is the most horrific death imaginable.
We will stop COVID-19 pandemic for years to come now...:cry::cry::cry:

Speaking of which....

Looks like FDA is ready to approval vaccines by end of this month as booster shots by early next month. So the wave will going way down as booster shots to stop future variants to stop the pandemic in USA by end of the year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom