Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

I should have quoted one of your earlier comments, sorry. No one is celebrating that things are so bad in Florida though...I was explaining why some of us are frustrated.
The ones who think they are celebrating , have no disregard for themselves and or others are the ones who have "covid parties". Kudos to law enforcement I recall last year when they hear about these covid parties , actively address the situation. The ones having mask burning parties have a few screws loose in the heads also.

Tony the Tigger

Yay, you win?
Not the point at all.

The point is to make folks think twice - folks who were so sure of themselves as they ridiculed those of us who were more realistic about seeing the same pattern in motion yet again - to show them how starkly wrong they were.

So maybe they’ll be less sure of themselves and be more receptive next time.

It is not being negative to acknowledge a train coming at you. It is stupid to not acknowledge it and not get out of the way. And being positive about it will not stop it.

Really sad to see multiple people celebrating hospitalizations going up. I can’t do this anymore. Stay safe people.

I don’t see one, let alone multiple. Come on. If you aren’t sure how to interpret what someone is saying, ask for clarification.

ImperfectPixie

No. Some people are pleased. Chaos, widespread anger and insecurity, floods of misinformation that seem to destroy even the possibility of finding the truth - a small but significant group that dislikes the status quo sees all that as a benefit.
The only people pleased are those pandering to anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers and who are dead set on furthering the divide in our country in the middle of a world-wide pandemic.

Dreaming of Disney World

I'm really not trying to argue with you simply for the sake of arguing. You make frequent excellent points.
However, I think that the impact to the economy from people not doing certain things is less cut and dry than saying that if you aren't vacationing, eating out, going to bars, going to the movie theater, then you are withholding your money from the good people trying to earn a living in the service and hospitality industries. We have cancelled 5 trips since this all started, 3 of them would have been to Disney. I didn't just stick that money in the bank. We put in an inground pool, we had a pool house built, we re-landscaped our entire yard. We're not do it yourselfers, so we paid people to do these things. We're still doing our part to help the economy, just in different ways, and without swapping germs up and down the entire East Coast. We also rented a house for a week with a private beach in a quiet area. We don't go out to eat right now, but we do get meals delivered or do curb side pick up. We tip the drivers. We tip the restaurant staff. We don't go out for drinks, but we get alcohol delivered. Again, we tip the driver. No we haven't gone to the movies but we still stream paid content at home.
As far as gatherings at home, yes, it's been documented that people spread covid this way. But it can be done responsibly. Other than a few furniture deliveries and an issue needing a plumber, no one that I don't know well enough to believe they are vaccinated has entered our home. But we have had small indoor gatherings with people we trust, people who are like minded about covid precautions. We've had some nice outdoor gatherings as well and everyone is managing just fine with fewer hugs and handshakes.
It's about making adjustments, and in general I just feel like some people aren't doing enough. You can help the economy without being in a crowd and you can have a good time while choosing a somewhat less risky option.
The all or nothing attitude really bothers me.
We did the same thing. We cancelled our Disney trip this year and instead spent a week in NH doing outdoor activities. We put money into NH's economy by paying for our hotel, meals, and activities.

HeartOfTeFiti

I'm very happy about the vaccines but also concerned about the rise in cases and hospitalisations.

Are those two positions really in conflict? I don't know why some in this thread are framing this as a choice between optimism and despair. There's a massive middle ground between those extremes.
No, those positions are not in conflict and it's sad that you even have to ask.
There's a massive middle ground on just about everything. The position of absolute black or white, right or left, 0% or 100% is exactly why we're so divided, and not just on covid.

KrzyKtty

Been at Universal since Friday. Surprisingly, there are a lot more people wearing masks than I thought there would be. Friday and Saturday I would say up to 30%. Today easily 40% in the Universal studios. I'm interjecting this in the middle of nowhere because I'm a few days out of this thread and have no clue what's going on. But thought I would report what it looks like in this park at least.

jlhwdw

I don't think anyone here is celebrating hospitalizations. They just have to be right and will only post information that makes them right and ignore anything that doesn't fit the narrative they have chosen to go with.

Disney (and the economy) aren't closing again. You can say they should and even put it in all caps. From a local diner on Main Street in rural America to Main Street USA, absolutely nobody can afford closures again, especially when more than half the country is "free to move about the country" in a safe manner. The Delta wave sucks. Hopefully the end result of Delta will be more vaccines for the hesitant.

I'm just tired of the hyperbole, the "Ha I'm right" when something goes with your narrative and the silence and crickets when it doesn't, and the constant hyperbole and unnecessary fear mongering.

ImperfectPixie

I don't think anyone here is celebrating hospitalizations. They just have to be right and will only post information that makes them right and ignore anything that doesn't fit the narrative they have chosen to go with.

Disney (and the economy) aren't closing again. You can say they should and even put it in all caps. From a local diner on Main Street in rural America to Main Street USA, absolutely nobody can afford closures again, especially when more than half the country is "free to move about the country" in a safe manner. The Delta wave sucks. Hopefully the end result of Delta will be more vaccines for the hesitant.

I'm just tired of the hyperbole, the "Ha I'm right" when something goes with your narrative and the silence and crickets when it doesn't, and the constant hyperbole and unnecessary fear mongering.
Some of us are sick of being ridiculed. Period. We're not celebrating being right. We're saying knock off the ridiculing just because we don't see reopening as being all sunshine and rainbows. It's a freaking pandemic...caution and patience are warranted, as we've been shown over and over since last March...we shouldn't be dismissed for saying as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom