Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartOfTeFiti

It is amazing what one can find out about covid and the more obscure variants ( there are many beyond the current variants of concern) by examining New York City wastewater. I actually enjoyed the read and it shows what that type of surveillance can reveal without worrying about getting people to join a study.

They've been doing that since the early days of the pandemic (maybe even before it was labeled a pandemic).
There's no better way to get behind the scenes to see what's really going on with people than to examine their waste.

Slpy3270

Further discussion here.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is the weekly report from the Florida DOH. The number of new deaths reported from last report to this report is 409.

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 5.02.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 5.02.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 5.02.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 5.03.04 PM.png

Here is data specifically for Orange County -

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 3.28.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 5.03.18 PM.png

HeartOfTeFiti

Yep which is the same thing as doing nothing even though asking their guests to do use the honor system is something??
I don't know what that sentence means, but I'm pretty sure we're on the same side here. I think it's worthless, to be clear. I said that yesterday, dozens of pages ago, when the announcement came out, when we all discussed it right here.

bryanfze55

This has always been a question of mine, what is an acceptable level?
Eventually we’re going to have to stop looking at case counts as the end all, be all. Hospitalizations and deaths are what matter. If you’re vaccinated, get COVID and basically have a bad cold/mild flu - so what. My county just reinstated indoor mask mandate last week due to rising case counts. Our rolling 7-day average of deaths in the county the week prior - with a population of over 900,000 - was 1 per day…

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Eventually we’re going to have to stop looking at case counts as the end all, be all. Hospitalizations and deaths are what matter. If you’re vaccinated, get COVID and basically have a bad cold/mild flu - so what. My county just reinstated indoor mask mandate last week due to rising case counts. Our rolling 7-day average of deaths in the county the week prior - with a population of over 900,000 - was 1 per day…
Well, we know with history that hospitalizations/deaths have a few weeks lag, so I think we will know the brevity of the situation soon enough. I hope you're right though, I'd love to hospitalizations and deaths stay low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom