Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
This thing will peak in a week or 2 and start on the downward trajectory. I have no actual evidence to support that but it’s possible. The 3 month arc says back to normal by mid to end of Sept. You could be cutting it close.
I was looking forward to the real word intruding less again. Ah well.

Chi84

Premium Member
I may be wrong here but I thought they had those notices posted on the site for awhile now. In fact I remember talk here about it like 6-7 months ago? Or I could have just dreamt it.
If they did, they hid it well (and that’s possible). When people were complaining about the changes in May I looked and didn’t see the notice I saw today. It’s possible I missed it.

correcaminos

Outdoor queues will be rough. I can live with indoors and air conditioned.
it’s going to be miserably hot no getting around it.
We were there early June. Indoor mandate, outside not. We had more than one upper 90 day. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Worst part was if a mask on ride was down. We traveled with a family where a teen (vaccinated) was not quick to do rides but coerced to try a few new. Literally screaming the last half of way through Dinosaur. Mask came down their nose. Took a while to get that pic, but it was hilarious! Hope they lighten up on that.

dolbyman

Yeah I feel for the cast members who will be spat on and screamed at about this...but it's for public safety.
Better get some new hardware for the park ban databases ... they will fill up quickly

Time to sort out the bad apples and those lacking manners and decency ..a win win (on the backs of poor cast members..sadly)

DisneyDebRob

Genuinely curious as to why the latest update has some more comfortable to book indoor dining? I don’t think capacity inside will change, and all the guests have their masks off for the length of their table stay.
Policy before, and I’m only assuming that it goes back to it.. was mask on at all times unless actively eating or drinking. I’ve heard stories of having to leave mask up until you order.. lower it when you order then back up until you drink or meal comes out. I think some will feel safer if that’s the route they take again instead of people gathered in the entrance maskless.. wandering around the restaurant maskless ..etc.

disneygeek90

Policy before, and I’m only assuming that it goes back to it.. was mask on at all times unless actively eating or drinking. I’ve heard stories of having to leave mask up until you order.. lower it when you order then back up until you drink or meal comes out. I think some will feel safer if that’s the route they take again instead of people gathered in the entrance maskless.. wandering around the restaurant maskless ..etc.
I went to a few restaurants after the table service rule was discussed and honestly never saw it enforced. There was one time I didn’t even remember it was a rule until after we finished dining. Walking to your table? Sure. Sitting at your table masked with a drink before your food arrives? Not all that realistic.

Chomama

Genuinely curious as to why the latest update has some more comfortable to book indoor dining? I don’t think capacity inside will change, and all the guests have their masks off for the length of their table stay.
Totally had the same thought. If the county is in a state of emergency and we are all now having to put our masks back on, the last thing I wanna do is eat in a crowded Disney restaurant! It is the one place were absolutely nobody will have a mask on 🤷🏼‍♀️

GimpYancIent

Wait. The new policy is you have to wear one in all queues even outdoors??
Ahh man it does!
This is what I read; "

Face Coverings​

Beginning July 30, face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) while indoors and in Disney buses, monorail and Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status. This includes upon entering and throughout all attractions. Face coverings remain optional for all Guests in outdoor common areas.
"
The wording is not exactly detailed about queues. I imagine there will be a cast member, marker or sign designating the point where the requirement for all starts.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We were there early June. Indoor mandate, outside not. We had more than one upper 90 day. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Worst part was if a mask on ride was down. We traveled with a family where a teen (vaccinated) was not quick to do rides but coerced to try a few new. Literally screaming the last half of way through Dinosaur. Mask came down their nose. Took a while to get that pic, but it was hilarious! Hope they lighten up on that.
That’s good to know, I thought it was as soon as you got in line for an attraction. I didn’t think I needed to know the details but I guess I need to brush up now 🤨

correcaminos

That’s good to know, I thought it was as soon as you got in line for an attraction. I didn’t think I needed to know the details but I guess I need to brush up now 🤨
Honestly the CMs were awesome about gently reminding. It wasn't really hard to figure out once you were there. We just followed how others did it. At the time all CMs were masked so made it easier to visually remember, though I did forget once. They were kind about it too so wasn't bad. Well I felt bad for forgetting, but I was just busy chatting with friends and we were rushing to get a last ride or two on the tour. Oops. Really was not an issue our trip as a whole. Just to give hope and real world experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom