Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreday3

I think they said it’s a range of a projection? Somewhere between 49,000 a day up to 86,000 a day (rough numbers) with their estimate being 83,000

today we had over 16,000

What was Florida's numbers during the last wave? 83,000 is mind boggling.

I think the most Illinois had was 6 or 7,000.

DC0703

What is political is all the stupid mask mandates. They are not based in science. If you’re vaccinated, you don’t need to wear a mask.
The unvaccinated do though - Delta is spreading like wildfire. But right now they are not wearing masks, and since there is no easy way to enforce masks for only the unvaccinated, that means we are back to everyone wearing them. Don't like it? Blame the folks refusing to get the shot. If everyone would have gotten vaccinated, we wouldn't be surging right now.

KrzyKtty

I think they said it’s a range of a projection? Somewhere between 49,000 a day up to 86,000 a day (rough numbers) with their estimate being 83,000

today we had over 16,000
Are you sure they think 86, 000 new cases in a single day? The CDC projections were showing a similar number, but theirs was a 7-day average. I think they said 100,000 a week peak in about 3 weeks. Or maybe I was reading the chart incorrectly?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Did you guys see the mayoclinic projection for Florida? We are track to have 83,000 a day in Florida by august 9
Who knows what will happen. Keep this in mind though, about half of the population is vaccinated so about 11M unvaccinated people. Nobody knows how many of those unvaccinated people have been naturally infected but assuming 20% you are under 9M “eligible hosts”. At 83,000 cases a day that would mean nearly 1M additional people or over 11% of the eligible population would be infected in the next 2 weeks. If that did happen the wave would likely end shortly after that as the “supply of victims“ would run out fast. I think people will naturally curb their behaviors before that happens anyway. Right now the 7 day average is over 12,000 but that’s a lot of growth in less than 2 weeks to get to 83,000.

Jwink

Are you sure they think 86, 000 new cases in a single day? The CDC projections were showing a similar number, but theirs was a 7-day average. I think they said 100,000 a week peak in about 3 weeks. Or maybe I was reading the chart incorrectly?
No it says a day! I posted the article above. It’s on a few articles but that’s the first that came up

dreday3

It's only a matter of time before companies requiring vaccinations will be the norm. Want to work? Get vaccinated.
More and more announcing it every day. Schools will follow I'm sure. (for 12 and over). Covid will be up there with the MMR vaccine as a requirement.

ABQ

No it says a day! I posted the article above. It’s on a few articles but that’s the first that came up
don't cherry pick the stats though

Statewide, the Mayo Clinic forecast tool said Florida will be reporting a seven-day rolling average of 49,398 cases of COVID-19 per day by August 9, a 132% increase from the current numbers. The overall range showed Florida could be reporting just 31,357 cases on the low end or 83,548 on the high end.

Dreaming of Disney World

It would be incredibly stupid to reinstate mask mandates. Here’s a novel idea for all the Karens out there: if you’re scared, stay home! Get vaccinated! Wear a mask! Maybe two! But don’t tell me what to do.
Um... you're the one who sounds like a Karen, complaining about wearing a piece of cloth on your face that protects yourself and others. It's really not a big deal. And I'm scared because my young children cannot get a vaccine yet. And we do stay home! But soon they need to go back to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom