Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie123

I would not be surprised if Disney requires all guests to mask up shortly again since unvaccinated folks cannot play by the rules.

Not vaccinated you must continue to wear a mask if you are vaccinated you can go with out a mask. Very simple but people refuse to follow CDC guidelines thus we will be back into the mask zone soon.

Did anyone REALLY think that the selfish people who choose not to get vaccinated would actually mask up?? There was absolutely zero chance of that ever happening.

correcaminos

Norwegian Forest Cat per the one who surrendered her and 3 others. 2 NFCs and 2 Turkish Vans. Vet agreed and thought she was likely pure bred too. Not that we cared, we tend to take in the ones who need special care without a second thought as to who they are (our youngest has cerebellar hypoplasia - vet called us when they got him in after someone dumped him).

dreday3

Norwegian Forest Cat per the one who surrendered her and 3 others. 2 NFCs and 2 Turkish Vans. Vet agreed and thought she was likely pure bred too. Not that we cared, we tend to take in the ones who need special care without a second thought as to who they are (our youngest has cerebellar hypoplasia - vet called us when they got him in after someone dumped him).

I'm very sorry about your kitty. :(

Seanual757

Did anyone REALLY think that the selfish people who choose not to get vaccinated would actually mask up?? There was absolutely zero chance of that ever happening.

I was hoping folks would but this day in age it's all a big joke until you get sick and die. Happened to a friend of mine not vaccinated said the virus is a hoax ended up in the ER in Orlando Friday night left in a hearse Sunday morning from covid now his wife and 3 kids are infected.

LaughingGravy

Which is really sad...because they used to be the opposite.

I realized how drastically things were shifting back when they got rid of the ability to get a replacement DVD for one that got scratched.
That was the turning point. No going back after that. It's been downhill ever since.
Then again, I remember when it was erroneously promoted that cds don't scratch, or if they did, didn't prevent playback, LOL.

LaughingGravy

I was hoping folks would but this day in age it's all a big joke until you get sick and die. Happened to a friend of mine not vaccinated said the virus is a hoax ended up in the ER in Orlando Friday night left in a hearse Sunday morning from covid now his wife and 3 kids are infected.
I'm sorry about your friend. Orlando local? This is truly turning into a Darwin type event, with fittest being those smart enough to get vaccinated if able.
If the FDA would approve past the emergency usage, it would certainly help.
I have spoken to quite a few people where that is their concern.

ImperfectPixie

I'm sorry about your friend. Orlando local? This is truly turning into a Darwin type event, with fittest being those smart enough to get vaccinated if able.
I got a taste of anti-vaxx sentiment last night. The misinformation and distrust of anything having to do with "establishment" - even with regards to what HIPAA does and doesn't do - is just astounding. I've been thinking the same thing about Darwin...and this was all a bunch of chest-thumping, Neanderthal, white guys. (Which is sad, really. They're trying to seem like big tough guys, but it just makes it all the more clear how weak they really are that they're so easily misled.)

SamusAranX

Upper deck has been non existent for years ( ie cover it with tarp , just like stadium games today in hot spot covid areas, ) , you should know but when the Jags play in London where their billionaire owner is from, helps boost their limited fan base.
The reason we instituted tarps is that the stadium is not “fit” to the market. In order to use the gator bowl as a base foundation for the new stadium, it had to be able to hold the annual FL-GA game. Which attracts 90k fans. The capacity was way over for an NFL market. Almost no teams in the pros have that kind of capacity, nor could sell up to that capacity. Hence why some upper decks were covered. Just because you can’t sell 80-90k tickets in a small market doesn’t make you a bad fan base.

you also ignore the tarps were removed as the market stabilized. And before Tom Brady, the Jags were averaging higher attendance then the Bucs, among some other teams, all who had been in their respective cities decades longer then the Jags and had chances to build up their fan base.

Seanual757

Yea very sad yes lives in Windermere rushed to Health Central in Ocoee and never left. Yes I feel for his family all very said and could have been prevented.

DonniePeverley

Perhaps you don’t understand the definition of indefinitely. A month ago you said we were on pace to be at 500,000 cases a day in 2-4 weeks. Who was wrong again? Every wave of this virus in every nation has gone up and then gone back down, mostly following a 3 month arc. No reason to assume this won’t be the same. It will not continue to go up indefinitely. Who ever said delta wouldn’t hit the US? You are creating a straw man argument there. Delta is here, it’s the dominant strain, and for most areas of the country it’s not much more than a blip, especially if you are vaccinated. In my county (830,000+ people) we have a dozen people in the hospital with Covid and none on ventilators. The vaccines are 88% effective against even mild infection and nearly 100% effective vs hospitalization or death. If you aren’t vaccinated it’s time to go in now. If you are, relax…you are well covered.

We will ride this wave out just like the last ones. The difference now is 60% of adults are fully vaccinated and who knows how many of the unvaccinated are naturally immune. Much smaller base to spread infection and the vast majority of the high risk are vaccinated. This is much less concerning than the Jan surge because of that fact.

Speaking of the UK it appears cases may have peaked. Too soon to say for sure but they have been trending down for a week now. If we are really 2 weeks behind the UK then our cases should peak in a week or so and start trending down so we have that to look forward to. I don’t really think our cases are moving in any way in conjunction with the UK, but if we are then the start of the end of this wave is potentially coming soon.

Nonsense. You along with many were adamant the US would not see a surge in cases because of the Delta Indian Variant. It was total denial and not wanting to face the truth - something that keeps happening again, like the Captain of the Titanic refusing to believe the ship is about to sink.

Now you move the goal posts and claim your argument was something different. The sad reality is you have to watch trends around the world, be it vaccines, variants, etc As soon as the UK was seeing a massive surge with this new variant, alarm bells should have rang.

You weren't alone, but you sprouted your nonsense in an eloquent manner hence i focused on you.

Touchdown

The reason we instituted tarps is that the stadium is not “fit” to the market. In order to use the gator bowl as a base foundation for the new stadium, it had to be able to hold the annual FL-GA game. Which attracts 90k fans. The capacity was way over for an NFL market. Almost no teams in the pros have that kind of capacity, nor could sell up to that capacity. Hence why some upper decks were covered. Just because you can’t sell 80-90k tickets in a small market doesn’t make you a bad fan base.

you also ignore the tarps were removed as the market stabilized. And before Tom Brady, the Jags were averaging higher attendance then the Bucs, among some other teams, all who had been in their respective cities decades longer then the Jags and had chances to build up their fan base.
Last I checked Lambeau has a capacity of 81,000 and a 30 year waitlist for tickets. Green Bay is much smaller then Jacksonville. Arrowhead (Kansas City,) Bank of America (Carolina,) Highmark (Buffalo,) and Heinz Field (Pittsburgh) all have a larger capacity, are small market, and for the most part sell out as well. There just isn’t the bond between team and city in Jacksonville like other towns.

SamusAranX

Last I checked Lambeau has a capacity of 81,000 and a 30 year waitlist for tickets. Green Bay is much smaller then Jacksonville. Arrowhead (Kansas City,) Bank of America (Carolina,) Highmark (Buffalo,) and Heinz Field (Pittsburgh) all have a larger capacity, are small market, and for the most part sell out as well. There just isn’t the bond between team and city in Jacksonville like other towns.
No doubt, I said almost all. all those teams are heritage teams, with 70 years behind them. Except Carolina; and there’s a reason Carolina has high “sales”. PSL’s.

if you look at 2019 the most recent “normal season, the plurality of teams are in the 60-70k range. That’s the rule, not exception, especially in today’s 4K streaming era:

For a bad team in a small market, Jax has done pretty well; even ranked higher then Pittsburgh (!)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Nonsense. You along with many were adamant the US would not see a surge in cases because of the Delta Indian Variant. It was total denial and not wanting to face the truth - something that keeps happening again, like the Captain of the Titanic refusing to believe the ship is about to sink.

Now you move the goal posts and claim your argument was something different. The sad reality is you have to watch trends around the world, be it vaccines, variants, etc As soon as the UK was seeing a massive surge with this new variant, alarm bells should have rang.

You weren't alone, but you sprouted your nonsense in an eloquent manner hence i focused on you.
Sorry, but you live in your own reality. That’s not at all what I said. My objection to your posts was that you were being overly pessimistic by saying we were 2-4 weeks away from having 500,000 cases a day here in the US. Since that was over a month ago now clearly I was correct and you were off by 10X the case numbers. I never said we wouldn’t see a bump in cases just that I didn’t think it would be as extreme as you were predicting (hoping for?). I also said I thought any future waves Would be more regional or localized based on vaccination rates. While cases are up pretty much everywhere this is really only a crisis in a handful of states with lower vaccination rates.

Archie123

That sucks for sure for anyone who has died from Covid and the pain and it causes to their families but perhaps if more people who are unvaccinated get sick then maybe more will decide to get vaccinated and stop believing in conspiracy theories.

Last edited:

correcaminos

First thanks again all for kind words. I just wanted to make sure as I replied if I sounded rude or mean, it wasn't meant to be taken that way.

I am lucky she lived through the worst of the pandemic, but I also know that my vet would've cared for us no matter. It helps when they know you vaccinate and try to help the world out. A year ago though, the process might have been completely different.

Why do you feel the need to keep adding Indian to this. Delta variant. End of story.

I don't think anyone here said we wouldn't see increases. More of just localized and such. Overall just not jumping to your levels of pessimism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom