Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

I've been wondering. Of all the people on this thread that have gone since say May 1 2021 or planning through September 2021, is everyone either a DVC or annual pass holder?

Cash buyers of an individual trip vs sunk cost (and possible lost cost if they expire) create different perspectives.

If there are any cash buyers, any with kids under 12? Another condition that creates a different perspective.

An annual pass holder that owns DVC, is all adults and all vaccinated has a very different profile than a single trip cash buyer with kids under 12.
DVC owner and AP holder. Kid turned 13 and was fully vaccinated last month. We went after he got his 2nd dose but wasn't the full 2 weeks. Masks were required indoors anyway then. I canceled 4 trips due to the pandemic... well the 4th was in part but other factors like cancer for a loved one mixed in. That was this past March. Have Nov and then 2 next year booked.

So while we paid whatever we did in MFs last year, we will get use this year and next with extra points. We also were able to cancel our AP renewal and buy new before they stopped AP sales all together.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Except across the Southern border.

It's not just illegals, even legal entry is not entirely shut down. Yes, you are supposed to quarantine and get tested but there is no enforcement and there are plenty of ways an infected person could have contact with others when entering the country.

Lilofan

It's not just illegals, even legal entry is not entirely shut down. Yes, you are supposed to quarantine and get tested but there is no enforcement and there are plenty of ways an infected person could have contact with others when entering the country.
Like the police theatre at the FL/GA state line advising arriving FL travelers to quarantine before starting their vacation in FL...

Disney Experience

Good news the PCR test potential ( but rare) false negative results when there is a high viral load has been found and a class 1 recall is in effect.

Bad news was the false negatives at high viral loads. Exactly the people you do not want thinking it is not covid19. ( Though hard to believe that a CT of 5 would happen in the real world)

Last edited:

DisneyCane

Can you enroll your kids back in school later in the year?

This spike may not last long and they will be eligible for vaccination soon. ( Hopefully )

Unless you mean virtual school for yourself.

Sorry I’m a bit confused.
The Delta spike in India (with very little vaccination) was about five weeks from the start to the peak and about 6 weeks from peak to back down. The Delta spike in the UK (with much higher vaccination) was about five weeks from the start to what appears to have been the peak and seems to be headed back down.

The Delta spike in FL started around July 9th. If FL follows the curve of India and the UK, the peak should occur around August 13th. If it follows India on the way down, it should be back to the bottom of the hill around September 24th.

Now, FL is almost 50% fully vaccinated so that may help bring about the peak sooner or suppress it to a lower level. We'll have to see. I would expect, based on India and how the UK is looking, that this spike has burned out by the 50th at WDW.

dreday3

Picking up a prescription at local Orlando Walgreens and just witnessed two males (30-40s) getting their first shot. Glad to see it and at least it’s something.

Another woman in her 30s came back with a man for “moral support.” Must be scared of needles.

Here in Chicago seeing a lot of people in line at at the pharmacy at our Jewel. Hopefully for shots and not just everyone picking up prescriptions at the same time. :D

correcaminos

Picking up a prescription at local Orlando Walgreens and just witnessed two males (30-40s) getting their first shot. Glad to see it and at least it’s something.

Another woman in her 30s came back with a man for “moral support.” Must be scared of needles.
Good to hear. My one friend who lost their spouse to covid actually needed moral support. It was extremely emotional ordeal after all they, as a couple, went through. One never knows why it's hard to do.

DisneyCane

Good to hear. My one friend who lost their spouse to covid actually needed moral support. It was extremely emotional ordeal after all they, as a couple, went through. One never knows why it's hard to do.
We can't know what is in people's heads but if somebody needs moral support to get vaccinated, I'll give them a ride to get the shot and all the support they need. The important thing is that as many people as possible take advantage and get vaccinated.

disneygeek90

Ended up waiting around quite a bit for my prescription so I overheard the woman getting her shot. She was pretty panic-y about all the potential side effects. Nurse was very reassuring and calm and informative. As I walked out I gave her a little “you’ll be fine, all I had was a headache” words of encouragement.

She was literally asking if she’d be too nauseous to be able to eat after the first shot. There’s gotta be a lot of these people out that we somehow need to lightly push into it.

DisneyDebRob

I've been wondering. Of all the people on this thread that have gone since say May 1 2021 or planning through September 2021, is everyone either a DVC or annual pass holder?

Cash buyers of an individual trip vs sunk cost (and possible lost cost if they expire) create different perspectives.

If there are any cash buyers, any with kids under 12? Another condition that creates a different perspective.

An annual pass holder that owns DVC, is all adults and all vaccinated has a very different profile than a single trip cash buyer with kids under 12.
I went April 25 until may 4th. DVC and AP holder. In chatting with the masked people when I was at WDW, I would say that 60-70% of the people were DVC having to use their points. Bad sample survey I know but I was asking because I thought the majority would be DVC.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The Delta spike in India (with very little vaccination) was about five weeks from the start to the peak and about 6 weeks from peak to back down. The Delta spike in the UK (with much higher vaccination) was about five weeks from the start to what appears to have been the peak and seems to be headed back down.

The Delta spike in FL started around July 9th. If FL follows the curve of India and the UK, the peak should occur around August 13th. If it follows India on the way down, it should be back to the bottom of the hill around September 24th.

Now, FL is almost 50% fully vaccinated so that may help bring about the peak sooner or suppress it to a lower level. We'll have to see. I would expect, based on India and how the UK is looking, that this spike has burned out by the 50th at WDW.
Supported by more than just your opinion:

Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former Food and Drug Administration commissioner, said Sunday he thinks the U.S. is further into the COVID-19 epidemic driven by the Delta variant than Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) models are currently picking up. He said that could mean "hopefully we're going to turn a corner" in the next two to three weeks.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ended up waiting around quite a bit for my prescription so I overheard the woman getting her shot. She was pretty panic-y about all the potential side effects. Nurse was very reassuring and calm and informative. As I walked out I gave her a little “you’ll be fine, all I had was a headache” words of encouragement.

She was literally asking if she’d be too nauseous to be able to eat after the first shot. There’s gotta be a lot of these people out that we somehow need to lightly push into it.
One would think hospital ICUs having been filled and people dying would have been enough

correcaminos

Ugh, I've said for a while now the media really sucked on reporting possible side effects from the start. Not to say they won't happen, but geez, scare em before you can give them a shot is stupid. Friends seriously didn't believe me when I said I had nothing beyond sore arm both times (3x now)

Trauma

Ugh, I've said for a while now the media really sucked on reporting possible side effects from the start. Not to say they won't happen, but geez, scare em before you can give them a shot is stupid. Friends seriously didn't believe me when I said I had nothing beyond sore arm both times (3x now)
I actually got really sick from the vaccine.

Only lasted 24 hours.

I would do it over again and again and again.

I enjoy the freedom without fear that I have now.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Supported by more than just your opinion:

Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former Food and Drug Administration commissioner, said Sunday he thinks the U.S. is further into the COVID-19 epidemic driven by the Delta variant than Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) models are currently picking up. He said that could mean "hopefully we're going to turn a corner" in the next two to three weeks.

Is this means horrible Delta variant will end soon as the pandemic will be over in USA soon by fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom