Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

Bread only. Right now, we are mask optional (New Jersey) for the vaccinated, and most of the congregation is vaccinated. The rest are good at masking. Sanitize hands before receiving, receive in palm, sanitize after receiving. The priest is the only person who can handle the elements and we sanitize several times. Think of it as food-service guidelines! We are trying to figure out how to offer the chalice. Oddly, the epidemiologists and physicians on the diocesan re-opening task force are in favor of offering th chalice. It’s the clerics who are resistant!
I'm surprised they haven't suggested using the tiny, disposable shot glasses that can be purchased at any party store and also get used for doling out medication in medical settings.
If we’ve learned anything since this thing started, it’s that nothing makes sense. All I know is, thank goodness we have the vaccine. People were calling for no masks before! Common sense went the way of the dodo long ago.
Our unwillingness to deal with this challenge is really pathetic. Can you imagine what would have happened in the US if the pioneers were as willfully stupid as Americans of today are?

Trauma

How many here advocated for masklessness pre-vaccination? I rarely ask questions around here but I seem to recall more than a few.

The relevance of this question? Well, it explains how rational discussion already went out the window.
I wore a mask every second of the day when I was around other people except my immediate family.

Now that im vaccinated I wore a mask once 2 weeks ago, when it was required at the vet I brought my dog to.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
It doesn't mean anything other than they want to have the footage available in both formats
Well… it means a little bit more than that. It reminds me of that old SNL skit where Tom Brokaw prerecorded all the ridiculous ways President Ford could die, as a sort of obituary reel.

They wouldn’t put the money into the alternative if it didn’t matter. This is a CYA, sure. But it’s also based on data they have that we don’t.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The United States will not lift any existing travel restrictions "at this point" due to concerns over the highly transmissible COVID-19 Delta variant and the rising number of U.S. coronavirus cases, the White House confirmed on Monday.

The decision, which was first reported by Reuters, comes after a senior level White House meeting late on Friday. It means that the long-running travel restrictions that have barred much of the world's population from the United States since 2020 will not be lifted in the short term."

"The United States currently bars most non-U.S. citizens who within the last 14 days have been in the United Kingdom, the 26 Schengen nations in Europe without internal border controls, or in Ireland, China, India, South Africa, Iran and Brazil."

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
OMG. Enough with the disinformation! That is very destructive and dangerous. Who else is starting to get PTraumaSD? Just me?
I mean, he is not wrong. The information available shows outdoor spread was/is extremely limited to almost non-existent. Indoors on the other hand, well, I don't want to have that circular debate again, lol

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
I mean, he is not wrong. The information available shows outdoor spread was extremely limited to almost non-existent.
How is bringing back outdoor masking anything but ?
I’m so done. There’s more straw being destroyed here to justify that masks not be introduced (indoors) much less outdoors, that the plains states have no crop left whatsoever.

If Trauma’s maskless insistence applied to masks indoors, alone, THEN I’d give leeway to restrictions outdoors. Alas this is not the case.

Masks coming back, baby. No way around it. Just don’t go. Easy fix.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I’m so done. There’s more straw being destroyed here to justify that masks not be introduced (indoors) much less outdoors, that the plains states have no crop left whatsoever.

If Trauma’s maskless insistence applied to masks indoors, alone, THEN I’d give leeway to restrictions outdoors. Alas this is not the case.

Masks coming back, baby. No way around it. Just don’t go. Easy fix.
If they come back indoors, they come back indoors. I get it (whether I agree or not), given there is no way for them to differentiate between the vaccinated and unvaccinated. But coming back outdoors would be really strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom