Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

I don’t see distancing or plexiglass coming back. If the CDC and Orange County change their guidance to being back masks indoors for everyone maybe Disney would do that too. What they can’t or won’t do is reduce park capacity and/or ride capacity and/or restaurant capacity. There’s no way to do that without a riot from guests. Masks are an inconvenience to guests but they don’t impact operations outside of the burden on CMs to enforce the rules.
I can see WDW is all about safety and feedback from guests. In regards to plexiglass, I would say never say never.

Mark52479

I don’t see distancing or plexiglass coming back. If the CDC and Orange County change their guidance to being back masks indoors for everyone maybe Disney would do that too. What they can’t or won’t do is reduce park capacity and/or ride capacity and/or restaurant capacity. There’s no way to do that without a riot from guests. Masks are an inconvenience to guests but they don’t impact operations outside of the burden on CMs to enforce the rules.
yeah 100% this

Masks are the ONLY thing i can see coming back.

disneygeek90

And, arguably, masks could have been the last and easiest thing to remain instead of being removed with virtually everything else.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What a disaster for them.

No way the can bring back masks and then announce paid fast passes a week later.

Oh well at least it will be a great opportunity to short the stock.

If they cave and bring back masks now who knows when they will be able to drop the requirement again.

Could be 2025 at this pace.
If we look at India and the UK the wave from delta is acting just like the wave from every other variant. Generally a 3 month arc but this one may even be a little quicker. So I would have no issue with areas with high cases now implementing a return to some mitigations. I don’t think we need a National return and I don’t think we need stay at home orders or widespread closures of businesses. Maybe bring back masks and some distancing if that’s deemed necessary. There’s no reason those mitigations need to be back permanently. In a month or 2 when cases drop roll them back off.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Absolutely agreed.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
If we look at India and the UK the wave from delta is acting just like the wave from every other variant. Generally a 3 month arc but this one may even be a little quicker. So I would have no issue with areas with high cases now implementing a return to some mitigations. I don’t think we need a National return and I don’t think we need stay at home orders or widespread closures of businesses. Maybe bring back masks and some distancing if that’s deemed necessary. There’s no reason those mitigations need to be back permanently. In a month or 2 when cases drop roll them back off.
is NJ and NY won't need indoor mask mandate anymore? @GoofGoof

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I can see WDW is all about safety and feedback from guests. In regards to plexiglass, I would say never say never.
For sure. I’ve said repeatedly I've been wrong about more than I’ve been right so it wouldn’t surprise me if after saying plexiglass won’t come back tomorrow we get reports of the plexiglass being reinstalled 🤨

Trauma

How do you bring back distancing at Disney?

The rooms are already sold.

The park reservations made.

Dining is booked.

Do you just randomly cancel people’s reservations?

How do you bring back distancing at Disney?

The rooms are already sold.

The park reservations made.

Dining is booked.

Do you just randomly cancel people’s reservations?
Ah yes, unlike that miraculous period we had the first time around when the hotels were unbooked and no one had dining reservations. Good thing we had that massive booking hole making it easy for Disney to shut down and institute distancing requirements.

Trauma

Ah yes, unlike that miraculous period we had the first time around when the hotels were unbooked and no one had dining reservations. Good thing we had that massive booking hole making it easy for Disney to shut down and institute distancing requirements.
What are you even talking about?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Also I would hope that companies not go through another furlough and layoff situation. That will get ugly.
There’s no need. That happened with wave 1 but we learned that these waves go up and then down. I know many people think we aren’t doing enough, but we should not overreact to the situation either. By the time you shut the country down the cases would be dropping naturally. The first time around we had no vaccines, no way to protect the vulnerable and no way of knowing cases would move in waves like this. We’ve learned a lot. It has come at a high price, but we know better now how to react.

Jrb1979

I agree with most of what you said. Where I disagree is dropping mitigations when cases drop. IMO if they bring masks back, they should stay in place til a certain percentage is fully vaccinated. If you don't as soon as you drop mitigations cases will rise again.

Look no further then your neighbors to the north. With our high vaccination rate our cases are dropping as we drop mitigations.

What are you even talking about?
Well as you said, people have dining and hotel reservations currently, so therefore disney's hands are completely tied, they have no ability to institute a shut down, or to reduce capacity. And since that's an impossibility, we know that when they did it last time there must have been some mystical alignment of the planets that created a magic, previously unheard of, booking window, that allowed disney to reduce capacity, hell, even shut down completely, without cancelling reservations or hotel bookings. We got real lucky with that.

TTA94

Their gonna have riots if they start dropping capacity again and cancel park reservations, especially for October lol. Though I’m sure that would come with a postponement of the 50th launch to 2022. Hopefully by October things will be sorted out. Then again the decision to move forward with the the 50th launch will likely have to be made by September.

Trauma

Well as you said, people have dining and hotel reservations currently, so therefore disney's hands are completely tied, they have no ability to institute a shut down, or to reduce capacity. And since that's an impossibility, we know that when they did it last time there must have been some mystical alignment of the planets that created a magic, previously unheard of, booking window, that allowed disney to reduce capacity, hell, even shut down completely, without cancelling reservations or hotel bookings. We got real lucky with that.
Yeah I mean they only had to lay off almost all their cast members.

Who cares about them right ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom