Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Meanwhile, in the United States we had our two best new case days of the entire month this weekend

View attachment 573356
Does this mean anything? Who knows but for the first time in nearly a month the seven day average is going down.

There is no mechanism that could lead to that dramatic a drop in cases, it has to be some sort of data collection or reporting issue.

carolina_yankee

Look at the previous weekends. It’s the best weekend in over a month.

The graph I posted is from the CDC, M-F were the highest on the graph, but Sat-Sun the lowest so of course the week numbers are up. However, something changed, is this data lag, is it an anomaly or is it the start of a new trend? I don’t know, just thought it was interesting and a break from the sky is falling posts.

I see tour point. If this weekend is lower than last weekend you still have to look at the states that post each weekend to see if there is a difference. I would be more comfortable going with the weekly numbers.

For the sky is falling, this helps: 😊
4598E788-61E4-42F4-98A6-854DD02ECCB2.jpeg

Clamman73

Disney is actually "encouraging people to share tables with other parties"

Disney is NOT going to go backwards and to me this shows that.

I took a peak in there a few years ago…I think if someone open-air sneezes in one corner, the droplets would reach the opposite corner.

carolina_yankee

That's still a pretty bad statistic, much higher rate then we are seeing in the US.
Have we seen numbers on AstraZeneca compared to Pfizer with regard to Delta? I think those are the two the Brits are using. I could see the disparity if AZ is not as good against Delta as mRNA vaccines, plus the UK is further along with Delta than we are. We are mostly mRNA, which can help.

sullyinMT

Look at the previous weekends. It’s the best weekend in over a month.
I'd love for you/those numbers to be right. But I think we'll see some backfill through the week. It seems that even if the CDC updates daily (even they recently switched to updating that chart Mon-Sat recently), they go back and correct dates instead of "piling on" new data. If the weekend was still this amazing come Wed or Thurs, I'll join the enthusiasm.

ImperfectPixie

Jenny72

An epidemiologist on NPR stated that the best estimates for the current Pfizer/Moderna vaccines against Delta (excluding mild/moderate cases) are between 70 and 90 percent efficacy. So it's nowhere near the 99.99% numbers that the NJ government is touting.

It's not impossible that 40% of people hospitalized for Covid could be vaccinated since it's older and more vulnerable people that tend to get vaccinated in the first place.

I'm very, very pro vaccination. But I do get a little frustrated with the idea that you can practically french kiss strangers if you're vaccinated and you're 99.999% protected. Anti-vaxx misinformation is the worst, but let's keep everything as clear as possible regarding risk.

LittleBuford

This is interesting in light of the confusion surrounding the UK hospital figures:

“Conversely, well over half of our Covid admissions have been vaccinated. These patients are a mix of ages, and are less unwell than they used to be, for the most part; very few need admission to intensive care after vaccination. The vaccination clearly works, but is not 100% effective in all people.”

It does surprise me that so many vaccinated people (even 40% is quite high) are ending up in hospital, though the fact they’re experiencing less severe symptoms is encouraging.

lewisc

Are the UK numbers for fully vaccinated or does it include those who only received the first shot. I think UK is still extending the intervel between shots

danlb_2000

Premium Member
An epidemiologist on NPR stated that the best estimates for the current Pfizer/Moderna vaccines against Delta (excluding mild/moderate cases) are between 70 and 90 percent efficacy. So it's nowhere near the 99.99% numbers that the NJ government is touting.

It's not impossible that 40% of people hospitalized for Covid could be vaccinated since it's older and more vulnerable people that tend to get vaccinated in the first place.

I'm very, very pro vaccination. But I do get a little frustrated with the idea that you can practically french kiss strangers if you're vaccinated and you're 99.999% protected. Anti-vaxx misinformation is the worst, but let's keep everything as clear as possible regarding risk.

So you are saying the NJ officials are falsifying the numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom