Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanbreeze77

Speaking of Disney and masks, I’m bringing my anti vax sister and her husband to the World in September.

I lied to her yesterday and told her she will not be allowed in without proof of vaccination.

Her and her husband are off getting their shot as I type this.

Should I feel bad at all?

Nah screw it I feel great!
amazing🤣

correcaminos

Since a few asked both shots were identical to me. Both caused arm pain that was more severe than a flu shot. I equate it to a tetanus shot. If I had a fever ever it was just a short time and less than 1 degree. I get that with anxiety though where my temp goes to 98 instead of 97. I never really felt tired or wiped out. No real headaches. Just a sore arm enough that woke me up. 1st shot pain came in at about 4 hours. 2nd within an hour. This one in 3 hours (edit for bad math). I'll keep you all posted.

Last edited:

willtravel

oceanbreeze77

Since a few asked both shots were identical to me. Both caused arm pain that was more severe than a flu shot. I equate it to a tetanus shot. If I had a fever ever it was just a short time and less than 1 degree. I get that with anxiety though where my temp goes to 98 instead of 97. I never really felt tired or wiped out. No real headaches. Just a sore arm enough that woke me up. 1st shot pain came in at about 4 hours. 2nd within an hour. This one maybe 2 hours. I'll keep you all posted.
thanks for giving us a front row seat to this trial

correcaminos

I guess what I am asking is did they draw blood and said hey you need a booster shot. I was just wondering why they thought you needed one? Was there any science showing you needed one? Or did they do it just because?
No, this is an observer blind study where half get placebos and half get a booster. It's randomized. They did break down by ages. So 55+ I think I read have their own 50/50 shot and the rest 16+ are in their own pool. Probably concerned about elderly more. 4k will be older people and 6k younger.

Since we've all had our shots we can absolutely guess what we got. We will be unblinded at some point and if boosters are needed, those who had the placebo will be given it and followed on an alternate schedule. I am being followed for a year on this one otherwise.

Blood taken today and will again be taken in 6 months.

willtravel

No, this is an observer blind study where half get placebos and half get a booster. It's randomized. They did break down by ages. So 55+ I think I read have their own 50/50 shot and the rest 16+ are in their own pool. Probably concerned about elderly more. 4k will be older people and 6k younger.

Since we've all had our shots we can absolutely guess what we got. We will be unblinded at some point and if boosters are needed, those who had the placebo will be given it and followed on an alternate schedule. I am being followed for a year on this one otherwise.

Blood taken today and will again be taken in 6 months.
Do they share blood test results?

Disney Experience

I guess what I am asking is did they draw blood and said hey you need a booster shot. I was just wondering why they thought you needed one? Was there any science showing you needed one? Or did they do it just because?
In my opinion, They are doing the booster trial in order to create the “science” on the value and safety of a booster .

They may have used data from current trial and number of vaccinated who are getting covid in that trial as time has grown since vaccination and Israel as a reason to do the study. I linked a few days ago Pfizer press release on what their reasoning is on boosters and future variant boosters may be needed.

I know since she is part of the original study she had blood draw 6 months post second shot as did I.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Do they share blood test results?
I do not get the results, but this time they will share covid test swabs if you want. I'll read the paper work again and see but I believe I can request results after the trial is over or if I opt to leave.

I will edit my post but since I was woken early by crazies and math sucks, it was really closer to 3 hours when arm pain hit. I just cannot count lol

Disney Experience

Is $MRNA also testing boosters?
They have been:

correcaminos

Is $MRNA also testing boosters?
Yes https://www.popsci.com/health/covid-19-booster-shot-moderna/
(First link, no clue what it says but they are testing)
In my opinion, They are doing the booster trial in order to create the “science” on the value and safety of a booster .

They may have used data from current trial and number of vaccinated who are getting covid in that trial as time has grown since vaccination and Israel as a reason to do the study. I linked a few days ago Pfizer press release on what their reasoning is on boosters and future variant boosters may be needed.

I know since she is part of the original study she had blood draw 6 months post second shot as did I.
Not sure I agree or less would be placebo. They are dividing it by age too which makes me think the concern is 55+ with Delta and such. Last trial was more randomized I thought. My gut is that they want to see if weakened immune (age or otherwise) is causing an uptick as much as if we just need a booster for all. Otherwise the age distinction wouldn't have been made.

Trauma

If we need the booster I’m all for it.

Unfortunately it will further fracture us into more groups.

You will have the vaccinated that refuse to get the booster.

You will get the booster people who will refuse to mask and social distance because they did their part.

You will have the group that thinks the booster people should mask to protect the unvaccinated and non boostered.

This is going to start to be hard to keep track of.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is the weekly report from the Florida DOH -

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 3.17.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 3.16.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 3.16.32 PM.png

mmascari

What I said last week:
7.2% - Did they just stop trying to understand where spread is occurring?

Makes that 23K case number suspect, probably lots of missed cases our there.

Any bets if next week has more cases than the 4/30 number at the start of this graph?
I didn't see any posts, but clearly someone was betting they would have more cases and a higher positivity this week than on 4/30, and they made sure it happened. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom