Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was told that the CDC and Fauci where the gold standard of science.

Last I checked they said the vaccinated do not need to wear masks.

From a purely scientific standpoint, vaccinated people don't need to wear masks, but this runs up against the practical problem of actually making sure that the vaccinated people are. It's much easier to just say everyone needs to wear one.

Trauma

From a purely scientific standpoint, vaccinated people don't need to ware masks, but this runs up against the practical problem of actually making sure that the vaccinated people are. It's much easier to just say everyone needs to ware one.
No since they are an inferior form of mitigation it’s much easier to ensure people are vaccinated via vaccine passport.

correcaminos

No since they are an inferior form of mitigation it’s much easier to ensure people are vaccinated via vaccine passport.
But we cannot do this on a national level.

We need a real and viable solution. Asking for a passport has long passed. It needed to be done last fall, but since we didn't we cannot. We need real answers to promote others getting vaccinated

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No since they are and inferior form of mitigation it’s much easier to ensure people are vaccinated via vaccine passport.

In the US vaccine passports are to big a political football to ever get wide spread use. Since we know that is not a viable path, mandatory masking is the next best option.

If you want to go with best protection, no matter the practically, then go with forced vaccination. If someone doesn't want to get vaccinated, the policy litter drag them out of their house and taken to a clinic to be injected.

Mark52479

From what I have seen Disney seems to listen to the CDC primarily. Once they have issued guidance within a few days Disney has modified their policies.

Per last night with Lester Holt on NBC, Walensky when asked "So the CDC is not recommending fully vaccinated people should mask up in indoor settings?" Her response, "NO we are not".

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-new...ing-vaccination-rate-and-schools-116850757956
I think Disney listens more to whats going on locally in the state and local county. They do listen to CDC but have gone AGAINST CDC recommendation's at times.

HIGHLY unlikely Florida will see anymore Covid laws (for many reasons I will not get into). So, regarding Disney World, I dont see them putting into place any additional restrictions.

It is 100% go for them and I dont see them changing course especially with the 50th so close now.

Trauma

For the lawyers among us-

under current Florida law can Disney reinstate mask mandates for all guests - however a guest can voluntarily provide proof of vaccination.

Upon providing proof they receive a neon wristband cast can see from space and they are allowed to vacation mask free.

Is this possible?

Jenny72

Vaccine passports sound great, but I think you are underestimating the level of resistance to any kind of government intervention here. Certain corners of the media are probably drooling over the idea of how much outrage they could generate if we took that route. It would be the first clear sign that government was a dictatorship, that the vaccine was truly deadly or they wouldn't have to force it on you, we need a civil war, etc. You'd see businesses open with signs saying that only *unvaccinated* can enter. There would be at least a couple of fatal shootings where people tried to enforce the passport. Resistance would be even more entrenched.

This is the bizarro world we are in now. I don't know what it will take to get people vaccinated but I don't think it can come from the top down in any obvious way.

Trauma

Speaking of Disney and masks, I’m bringing my anti vax sister and her husband to the World in September.

I lied to her yesterday and told her she will not be allowed in without proof of vaccination.

Her and her husband are off getting their shot as I type this.

Should I feel bad at all?

Nah screw it I feel great!

Mark52479

For the lawyers among us-

under current Florida law can Disney reinstate mask mandates for all guests - however a guest can voluntarily provide proof of vaccination.

Upon providing proof they receive a neon wristband cast can see from space and they are allowed to vacation mask free.

Is this possible?
Yes they can do that for sure.

Disney is private property so they can require masks for all.

According to the Florida law what they CAN NOT do is deny services to a customer who is not vaccinated.

Thats how the cruises are getting away with having non vax people on board. They are not denied services, BUT, they have to go through additional processes if they want to cruise.

Trauma

Yes they can do that for sure.

Disney is private property so they can require masks for all.

According to the Florida law what they CAN NOT do is deny services to a customer who is not vaccinated.

Thats how the cruises are getting away with having non vax people on board. They are not denied services, BUT, they have to go through additional processes if they want to cruise.
So Disney could basically make life miserable at the parks for the anti vax by making the non vaccinated mask up ( they hate this ) and even giving the vaccinated some “fast passes” assuring long lines for the non vaccinated.

Mark52479

So Disney could basically make life miserable at the parks by making the non vaccinated mask up ( they hate this ) and even giving the vaccinated some “fast passes” assuring long lines for the non vaccinated.
sure.

Now, would they do that? Probably not.

Much easier for them to have everyone mask up or everyone not mask up

dolbyman

I push x for doubt...so how antivax were they that a trip to Disney (self paid and voluntary) would sway them?

Well I guess France was some sort example here.

It was often mentioned but I guess due to the lack of vaccine opposing political party(trolololo) here in Canada, were are heading towards the 80% vaccination rate ... no vaccine passports needed to sway

Angel Ariel

How about the President you do like, who happens to be running the place, just moves heaven and earth to get a vaccine passport in place.

I know we can’t talk politics but before this gets deleted I will just say the only chance I think we have of getting out of this mess is if the man in charge right now makes it happen.

We need a vaccine passport.

This will never end without one.
The only thing the President can do is require it in federal places (like the current federal mask mandate). I don’t think he has the power to mandate a vaccine passport nationwide. It’s a “state right.”

Trauma

I push x for doubt...so how antivax were they that a trip to Disney (self paid and voluntary) would sway them?

Well I guess France was some sort example here.

It was often mentioned but I guess due to the lack of vaccine opposing political party(trolololo) here in Canada, were are heading towards the 80% vaccination rate ... no vaccine passports needed to sway
Who said anything about self paid.

The only thing they are paying for is the flight.

The rest is on me.

ABQ

Speaking of Disney and masks, I’m bringing my anti vax sister and her husband to the World in September.

I lied to her yesterday and told her she will not be allowed in without proof of vaccination.

Should I feel bad at all?

Nah screw it I feel great!
I only feel bad there your sister and her husband are so completely gullible, but good on you exploiting that to your advantage.

dolbyman

Who said anything about self paid.

The only thing they are paying for is the flight.

The rest is on me.
Well I guess I jumped to quick here ... that is in general how I handle Disney trips for my sister.

The big brother has generally more cash floating between the sofa cushions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom