Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa12000

To follow up on this:

They still have added the proviso that if places such as nightclubs don’t do enough to mitigate spread in their clubs then it will be mandated - imo it will be compulsory come the September review ‘to save winter’

DisneyCane

The rate of hospitalization in the 19-40 demographic has increased. Meaning that the Delta variant is more dangerous to that demographic than the UK variant was.
What data is showing this? I thought that data out of the UK was that there wasn't any increase in severity from Delta. Just more contagious so more young people being infected (because they weren't vaccinated).

DisneyCane

I wonder how this will end. IMO kudos to Norwegian for sticking to their guns on how they want to safely operate.

It will be interesting to see. I guess it will come down to who the courts decide has jurisdiction over the port and passengers embarking. It's complex because it involves cruise ships which don't really provide their service in Florida.

Disney would 100% lose a suit like this if they wanted to challenge the law in federal court and check vaccination status at WDW because WDW is in FL and the service they provide is 100% in FL.

DisneyDebRob

It will be interesting to see. I guess it will come down to who the courts decide has jurisdiction over the port and passengers embarking. It's complex because it involves cruise ships which don't really provide their service in Florida.

Disney would 100% lose a suit like this if they wanted to challenge the law in federal court and check vaccination status at WDW because WDW is in FL and the service they provide is 100% in FL.
I’m actually wondering why all the cruise lines don’t file the suit together. In the long run it’s beneficial for them I believe to safely operate without the headlines of outbreaks. The only way, IMO for not all of them to combine a suit is because of just getting back in to the cash cow they have. Would love to see DCL join in.
As for the parks I agree.

ImperfectPixie

What data is showing this? I thought that data out of the UK was that there wasn't any increase in severity from Delta. Just more contagious so more young people being infected (because they weren't vaccinated).
It's at the very least, simple math. More young people infected equals more of them having bad outcomes.

There's also this:

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
The U.K. now has more younger people (the under 40s) ending up in the ICU than they did before. But the absolute numbers in ICU are much lower than at the earlier waves, as you would expect with vaccinations.

Heelz2315

I was wondering this morning. When will this Delta wave peak and what will that look like? We may (and I hate to suggest this) come out better for this come the fall. Due to the fact that a large chunk of the unvaxxed public will have had COVID by then because of Delta and will have natural immunity through prior infection.

Couple that with the 160M that right now have immunity through vaccination will may be in better shape because of Delta later on. It's bad to think that but it may be true. Just wonder when the Delta will peak and how that'll look is my question.

Kevin_W

I wonder how this will end. IMO kudos to Norwegian for sticking to their guns on how they want to safely operate.

I'm certainly not a lawyer, but claiming a 1st amendment violation seems odd. The rest makes sense, though.

Seanual757

I just do not understand what the issue is with asking or showing a vaccine card what is the big deal and my body my choice is a bunch of horse $hit. It's about keeping folks safe and the economy going. I just do not understand the big deal except for the fact that folks do not like to be told they need to do something.

Give me a break I will tell you a co worker 32 years (healthy no medical issues) old opted not to get vaccinated knew the risks felt sick several days before July 4th. He decided to go to certain Central Florida Theme Park (7/6-7/9) for 3 days knowing full well he could spread the virus is on life support (Covid-19) at ORMC fighting for his life his wife and kids are now sick plus one of our other co-workers is also in the ICU at Advent Health in the ICU in a coma with Covid-19 (also not vaccinated) both sat next to each other less than 3 feet apart. Issue is folks do NOT care all because the BS my body my choice I am all for showing proof or have folks upload a vaccine card so it shows on your pass when you scan at the gates and if you do not have a mask on you will be required to put it on.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I was wondering this morning. When will this Delta wave peak and what will that look like? We may (and I hate to suggest this) come out better for this come the fall. Due to the fact that a large chunk of the unvaxxed public will have had COVID by then because of Delta and will have natural immunity through prior infection.

Couple that with the 160M that right now have immunity through vaccination will may be in better shape because of Delta later on. It's bad to think that but it may be true. Just wonder when the Delta will peak and how that'll look is my question.
I'm scared this if we will go back indoor masks by fall/winter. Then we'll have big trouble for massive Delta variant wave in this fall/winter in NJ/NY as other states too. No way guys this is America we are going to fight Delta variant as many people will getting vaccinated before it's getting worse than others!

DisneyDebRob

I'm certainly not a lawyer, but claiming a 1st amendment violation seems odd. The rest makes sense, though.
I’m not one either but I play one sometimes online.🙂 I think it’s a case of throwing as much stuff against the wall and maybe something sticks? Have no idea. Maybe someone with lawyer experience can explain.

havoc315

Dr. Gottlieb suggested to expect peak in late August/September.

Though combining seasonality with Delta, we may hit a peak in August… then a valley, then another peak in Nov/Dec.

Last edited by a moderator:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Dr. Gottlieb suggested to expect peak in late August/September.

Though combining seasonality with Delta, we may hit a peak in August… then a valley, then another peak in Nov/Dec.
So it means go back indoor masks for another months or not go back indoor masks for NJ/NY (high vaccinations) I'm scared if the peak will get huge as massive wave for August/September and November/December....:eek::eek::eek: is NJ/NY will go back to indoor masks and social distancing or not? I'm worried about this...:cry::cry::cry: Also will public transportation in NJ/NY will lose masks after September 13th?
Is NJ and NY will be more back to normal by fall/winter as other states has low vaccinations is getting back indoor masks such as AL, NV, GA and other states by fall/winter?

Last edited by a moderator:

LaughingGravy

I'm scared this if we will go back indoor masks by fall/winter. Then we'll have big trouble for massive Delta variant wave in this fall/winter in NJ/NY as other states too. No way guys this is America we are going to fight Delta variant as many people will getting vaccinated before it's getting worse than others!
Being that NJ got the brunt of it at the start, there are a whole lot of people in NJ fully vaccinated, but still wearing masks in public indoors. The Delta variant is serious for sure. Masking up except when only around people you are sure have been fully vaccinated is a good practice to keep at this time.
There are much worse things.
I work in a large building where many fully vaxed people have volunteered their information so they have an approved colored vaxed badge in addition to their normal one. This means they can be anywhere on property indoors or out without a mask. Most with colored badges still wear masks when going to the restrooms, cafeteria and even in common hallways and certainly in meetings.
We do it because this is not over yet. We have been used to masks and we are certainly wearing them less than we have been, so it's really not such a big deal.
The more and the quicker people get vaccinated, the sooner the variants will go away.
I think there is going to be a pretty large number of people sick with Covid in the next month or two and it's not going to be pleasant.
I will feel bad for those who cannot be vaccinated.
Unfortunately, there are also many family members who want to be vaccinated, but are prevented by "leaders" of their families who mandate. This is also a form of abuse.
I hope those folks who want to be vaccinated have the courage to quietly get vaccinated on their own.
For those who now choose not to be when it's very easily available, and especially once the FDA approves any vaccine and they still choose to not do their very best to get theirs if able, I have not only no sympathy, but I welcome the culling of the stupid in the way of advancing us as a species.
Harsh, but a major reason this has gone on so long is BS from hypocritical public figures who have been vaccinated, who either do nothing or worse in promoting lies about vaccination for the purpose of feeding the bubble of BS for votes to stay in power. That's greed to the detriment of many and is wrong.
There are also many who are under the impression that anyone who had Covid now has natural immunity, so no need to vaccinate.
That may be the case for other viruses like was the case for chicken pox decades ago, but the potential damage from this and its variants (Kappa now found in India) seems severe enough to justify getting a vaccine even with the idea of natural immunity.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
is NJ will be okay along with NY in this fall/winter?

Touchdown

Fortunately (at least in my opinion), the most at risk people (65+) have gotten vaccinated at a very high rate despite any political beliefs. Not all that many of the people you are angry with are going to die from COVID, certainly not enough to make a difference in elections.
We’ll see, delta seems to be causing more severe disease in younger patients. Getting hospitalized with Covid increases your motality 500%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom